Quantcast Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 7 Dec 2 MK and CRT

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 7 Dec 2 MK and CRT

We both looking forward to today as it was Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch and would finally get to see inside the castle! We got the boat to MK and arrived before rope drop, After the welcome show we headed to our first fastpass which was Buzz Lightyear. As usual, DH did better than me but he is ex-army and used to do archery before fibromyalgia unfortunately stopped him. After Buzz we did Monster Inc Laugh Floor, the PeopleMover and met Stitch again. We can't seem to pass him by, we love Stitch. We made our way over to Fantasyland and I plucked up the courage, along with DH encouragement to ride the Carousel. I've loved carousels since I was big enough to ride but always felt a bit self-conscious about going on my own, especially as an adult, Glad I did it though as always wanted to ride this particular one. We did some pin trading and Its A Small World before heading to the castle.
    We checked in and joined the line to meet Cinderella, as we talked we mentioned her castle reminded us of where we got married ( Tutbury castle, Staffs ), and she replied as a small girl she always wanted to live in one and now she does. Soon after we went up the golden elevator to the dining room and shown to a balcony table. We could see out of the windows there and was lovely looking out over Fantasyland. For appetizers I had the butternut squash soup and DH had the carcuterie board, we also had a glass of prosecco each and I had chicken for the entrée and DH had beef and shrimp. For dessert it had to be Clock Strikes 12 for me and Dh had Chiffon Cake. Whilst we heard you go for the experience not the food, we both agreed the food was lovely and flavourful, the service good and the princesses wonderful, depite being 2 adults no kids. We were give a Wishing Star each, a wand for me and sword for Dh who then had a "fight" with the 2 little ones at the next table!
    Lunch over too soon we headed to Haunted Mansion and POTC. had a fastpass for Peter Pan which we'd never done and enjoyed it. We did have a fastpass for 7DMT but unfortunately it went down and with it not looking like it was going to be starting soon, it became a "any fastpass" so decided to use it on Jingle Cruise. There was another family head needing the wheelchair boat so were told be about 30 minutes, which we were fine with. Another family then lined up behind us and after watching 2 boats go through and us not moving, they complained and said they could transfer after all as weren't told how long it would be ( they were as we heard them ). They joined the transfer line and got on the next boat. Hmmmmm.
    After Jingle Cruise it was close to 6pm and as it was party night, time for us to leave. Hadn't intended to stay all day as DH gets tired easily but he said a break in the day really helped. Got the boat back to WL and decided to eat at Geyser Point. We sat inside and were surprised to find we could use a QS dining credit as thought we couldn't but weren't going to argue. As it started to get chilly and DH was flagging, it was time for bed.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely day including such a nice luncheon in the Castle!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: