Quantcast Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 8 Dec 3 Ak, Yak and Yeti and Rain!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 8 Dec 3 Ak, Yak and Yeti and Rain!

It was back to Animal Kingdom and although warm rain was forecast so we packed the Mickey ponchos and off we went. Had a FP for the Na'vi River Journey which we were pleased about as loved it the first time on our previous AK day. The line was already at an hour when we got there not long after 9 and FoP line was HUGE! It was EMH that day and I guess everybody headed to Pandora at rope drop. We both agreed the the ride was just as good second time around as there is so much to see and we both saw new things we hadn't seen before. It's absolutely beautiful and don't get why people say it's boring, not all of us want constant thrills.
    After the ride we headed up the "new" route to the safari but on the way managed to see the Pandora Utility suit. If you don't know, its a man wearing one of those large exo-skeleton suit who gives a talk on the research they're now doing on Pandora. There is then a chance to ask questions and have a photo taken with him. Up at the Safari we got a DAS and then spent the wait time in the Gorilla walk trail. Unfortunately the rain started at around this time and came in shortish heavy showers on and off for the rest of the day. Fortunate enough though it held off for our safari but the tigers I really wanted to see disappeared but don't blame them.
    Spent time ducking in and out of shops and pin trading before our ADR at Yak and Yeti. This was a restaurant we hadn't tried before and was really looking forward to it. After checking in we were shown to our table upstairs via an elevator and were sat along the balcony overlooking the stairs. For lunch I had the Bhaktapur duck and Dh had the ramen which is something he'd always wanted to try. The duck was fantastic, just fell off the bone and DH said his ramen was spicy but not a hot spice like a curry or chilli. For dessert we both had a speciality of the restaurant, wontons with pineapple and honey. Really good and light.
    When we came out, the rain started again and although had a FP for Rivers of Light and did want to see it, decided not to stay. The rain was getting heavier and we'd had enough, even with ponchos. Was disappointed on one hand as was hoping to see Pandora at night as well as RoL, but on the other we had seen Pandora with its floating mountains and the beautiful boat ride which is more than some people have or even will.
    After arriving back at the hotel, we got hot chocolates, went back to our room and it BUCKETED down! So heavy we couldn't see across the lake and our room is on the 6th floor above the outside seating area of Roaring Fork! Not exactly any distance. Decided to stay in and watch some TV.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

With that type of rain, it's likely they would have canceled the evening show at Animal Kingdom so it appears you made a wise choice in returning to the resort and relaxing for the evening. Sorry you had weather to contend with on your Animal Kingdom day but you certainly made the best of it!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Coming from the UK, rain is not an unknown quantity for us but poor DH in his wheelchair was getting a puddle in his lap. We did get my boss's Xmas present whilst sheltering - a Doug in his cone of shame! The boss likes Up! although the start sequence makes us both cry. I feel like Carl and Ellie are DH and me with reversed roles. Like Ellie I can't have children and if DH doesn't get a lung transplant... well
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope all works out for your husband!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: