Quantcast Making Reservations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Making Reservations

I usually call the reservation line to check on prices and availability. How do you make your reservations?
    It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Online on their DW website is the only way that I have ever done it. I like being able to quickly compare different scenarios and dates for my best advantage.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

I play around on the Disney site to get an idea of prices and availability, but when I actually am ready to book, I use the awesome Debbie from Magical Journeys to nail down the best prices and options.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

5. Thanks DebK thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually use travelocity or something like that for package pricing, then call disney to see if they have any deals that would factor into my decision. Airfare and car rental packages are important to me, as I only ride first class and in large vehicles like a pickup, tahoe or big car.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'll get an idea of what I'm looking at from the Disney World website, then it's put in the hands of Wendy from Magical Journeys.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I check pricing online, but I call reservations to make them. We use the military discount and that discount cannot be applied online, you have to call in. Otherwise I would totally just do them online.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I play around on the Disney site to get an idea of prices and availability, but when I actually am ready to book, I use the awesome Debbie from Magical Journeys to nail down the best prices and options.
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    I'll get an idea of what I'm looking at from the Disney World website, then it's put in the hands of Wendy from Magical Journeys.
    I do the same, only I go through Denise at Magical Journeys to book.

One thing to remember with Magical Journeys is that if a discount comes out for your time frame that could save you money, they will apply it automagically and let you know they saved you some $$$
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I use a travel agent - she gets really good rates!

Post Thanks / Like

I book online. I used to call in, but that can be a painfully long process. Booking online makes it easy to compare packages and is usually pretty quick. When a better deal came out, it took me about two minutes to successfully change it on their site. They had someone on chat who told me exactly how to do it. I'd never changed a package online and it was nice to have the chat option.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another very happy Magical Journeys client. Wendy handles all my reservations. Try them, you'll never go back to doing it yourself.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

13. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing it online myself since the internet became widely available. I guess it was sometime in the late 90's using dial up. I keep up with all the promos and special offers and if something better than what I am currently booked at becomes available, I check for a better deal and make the changes if I find one.

15. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I have been doing it online myself since the internet became widely available. I guess it was sometime in the late 90's using dial up. I keep up with all the promos and special offers and if something better than what I am currently booked at becomes available, I check for a better deal and make the changes if I find one.
    You know, Magical Journeys can do all this for you and it won't cost you an extra cent. A lot of the time, they can get the deal before you even know it's available.

Just sayin'....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    You know, Magical Journeys can do all this for you and it won't cost you an extra cent. A lot of the time, they can get the deal before you even know it's available.

Just sayin'....
    I know but I am a control freak. Besides that, sometimes I decide to change or even upgrade to a better resort when a discount becomes available. I explore all the options when they come along in just a few minutes whereas it would take more time emailing back and forth with someone else trying to do it for me. Usually by the time a discount is posted on here, I have already known about it. Besides that, I get pin code offers fairly regularly. I'm not knocking their service because I know they are great. Everybody on here highly recommends them. I am just one of those that handles everything down to the detail themselves.

18. Likes PopPhan, TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I know but I am a control freak. Besides that, sometimes I decide to change or even upgrade to a better resort when a discount becomes available. I explore all the options when they come along in just a few minutes whereas it would take more time emailing back and forth with someone else trying to do it for me. Usually by the time a discount is posted on here, I have already known about it. Besides that, I get pin code offers fairly regularly. I'm not knocking their service because I know they are great. Everybody on here highly recommends them. I am just one of those that handles everything down to the detail themselves.
    Me too! I'm sure there are many great folks out there, but I like to watch it myself for quick game time decisions.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Like 1DisneyNut I actually enjoy doing it myself - and yeah, I'm a little bit of a control freak. Those of us who do it ourselves are not in any way knocking the stellar recommendations for Magical Journeys. In fact, I've recommended them to several people based on feedback I've seen here. Hopefully I've sent some good business their way over the years.
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: