Quantcast Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 11 Dec 6 Epcot, Spice Road Table and Shopping!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 11 Dec 6 Epcot, Spice Road Table and Shopping!

Our last visit to Epcot today and although had a FP for Test Track, I cancelled it via the app as DH didn't want to risk it after Slinky Dog incident, plus he was having a bad day and was very sore and tired. we decided not to rush and do something we hadn't yet done but wanted to which was arrive at Epcot by monorail.
    So after Roaring Fork breakfast - French toast there is soooooo good - we got the boat to MK, then the large ferry over to the TTC and then monorail to Epcot. Got a different view of the World up there, especially the new road that bypasses MK entrance and could also see the construction for the new hotel and Skyliner. Didn't take that long either - from WL to Epcot was about an hour. We got in as World Showcase was opening so headed up to Canada and got 6 boxes of Maple Cookies - a snack credit each - the CM warned us that they're so good we won't want to give them out as presents. She's right and we haven't! Coming out we caught the end of the music group on the stage ( forget the name ) but they were good. We carried on round to Germany where we picked up a couple of China mug/steins for my sister and brother-in-law and then over to China for some cute panda items for a friend and DH bought me a purple jade bracelet.
    We then backtracked to Morocco for our ADR at Spice Road table. We hadn't eaten there before but read a lot of good reviews. We both had the mixed skewers which were spiced but not overly and I had an Andalusian Nights cocktail and DH had mint tea. For dessert I had the Chocolate Pyramid which came with ice cream and DH had Saffron and Pistachio Custard which is similar to a crème brulee.
    Lunch over, we made our way back to Future World but as we went past Norway there was a sign up that artist Larry Dotson was in the shop with giclee prints of his work. We stepped in and his pictures are beautiful, we bought 2 pictures of WL - one for us and one for the owner of the company I work for. I work in retail and strictly speaking not supposed to have time off this time of year but she said I could go if we bought her a WL souvenir. Not a problem. WL is special to her as it was the last place she went with her first husband before cancer took him. We also got her the WL tree decoration as well and she loves them, especially the picture for the memories it brings back.
    Loaded up with shopping we started for the bus but stopped at the Art of Disney and picked up a Metal Earth Black Pearl. We'd seen Star Wars ones at DHS but not this one. As POTC fans, a pressie for us!
    Back at WL and a short rest, DH surprised me by wanting to go to Disney Springs. Normally when he wakes up sore he's asleep by 8 ish but he said a relaxing Epcot day shopping, Showcase entertainment, no rides, good lunch and warm sun had made him feel much better so off we went.
    Once there, more shopping. We picked some thermal Heatech wear from Uniqlo, Planet Hollywood stuff for a couple of friends and visited the Coca Cola rooftop bar. The view is wonderful up there and even saw some fireworks from either Epcot or DHS, we couldn't work out which. As it started to get cold, we headed back as we did want to try for MK EMH in the morning for our last full day.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A lovely day exploring the park and shopping!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: