Quantcast Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 12 Dec 8 MK for last full day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 12 Dec 8 MK for last full day

We managed to get up bright and early, grabbed a muffin from Roaring Fork and caught the bus to MK for EMH. We positioned ourselves at the Fantasyland entrance and at rope drop headed to 7DMT. It seemed everyone was heading there and we started into the Standby Line. Halfway up a steepish hill a man came up and asked if he could help as I seemed to be struggling, I was and gratefully accepted his help. Not only did he push DH up the hill but proceeded to push all the way through line! He was with his family and when we got near the front the CM asked how many (as with a wheelchair you go to a separate part of the platform to load) and we said "6" and asked the family to come with us. Bit of naughty rule-bending I know but it's a long queue line and he didn't have to help so if we could get them on a bit quicker as thanks then we will. We all got on the next train and had a great ride, it was also their first time too. Next up was Small World - isn't it some kind of rule you have to ride Small World when in Disney? - and Mickey's Philharmagic.
    We then headed over to Liberty Square for another Mickey waffle with strawberries at Sleepy Hollow before a last trip on Haunted Mansion. I then headed to Big Thunder Mountain leaving DH chatting to CM's and pin trading. It was a 20 min wait time and at the entrance a family in front was "discussing" with the CM that although they didn't have FP's or a DAS they should go in the FP line anyway as they should have a DAS but were refused one. I was feeling good so joined the Standby but after a few of those switchbacks, alone and surrounded by people I started to panic so hopped out and got a DAS. I phoned DH and told him what had happened and he said it wasn't a problem, go on when I felt ready. After about 20 mins I joined the FP line and got on. I love BTMR, hard to explain but feel free whilst on it and this may sound silly but I was so proud of myself for getting through the line and riding alone. I know I did it at SDD earlier but the line there is more open so easier to handle.
    After BTMR we then used our FP for Pirates of the Caribbean, a ride we can't get tired of and got a DAS for Jingle Cruise, another ride we can't get tired of. It was coming up to Parade time so headed to the disabled viewing area in Liberty Square and got one of the last spots. We got talking to the family next to us and as the parade was starting a family with Grandma on huge scooter came up and told the CM they needed to be here! Really? Needed? He tried to direct them elsewhere but they weren't having it, and as first float was literally around the corner he asked us to move over so they could get in. As we're nice we budged up to our neighbours but when the kids tried to stand in front of DH and neighbour's scooter, no way was I or neighbour's husband letting that happen! We stood up from wall we been sitting on and formed protective barrier. The kids then had to stand behind Grandma and proceeded to whinge they couldn't see. They could, just had to wait until parade floats were in front of us. Some people eh?
    After the parade we headed back to Jingle Cruise to use the DAS and then decided on Cosmic Rays for something to eat. We both had pulled pork burgers and coke and sat at the back where there was this animatronic DJ - we hadn't seen or heard of this before and quite entertaining whilst munching. Afterwards we headed back to WL as I wanted to more laundry before packing as we land back in UK Sunday morning and back at work Monday! Laundry, work and jetlag are not a good mix. Once the laundry was done, we spent about an hour or so packing and re-packing to get the cases under the weight allowance. DH by then was ready for bed as been up so early but I scooted down to the lake front to catch the Electric Water Pageant for the last time. I really like this little show and hope in never goes away.
    Back to the room and bed also as needed to be up early tomorrow to go home. :-(
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The last day of vacation is always one of mixed feelings!!! The Magic Kingdom is an excellent way to end your trip!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: