Quantcast Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 13 Dec 9 Home, 3 Embarrasing Incidents

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 13 Dec 9 Home, 3 Embarrasing Incidents

So today was travel home day. BOOOOO. Had to come I guess. We got up fairly early and headed to the lobby with luggage in tow. Virgin Atlantic have a check-in at the old Cirque du Soleil building in Disney Springs where you can check in between 8am and 1pm and get rid of luggage. We got a Mears mini van to take us there and this is where embarrassing incident number 1 happened. They had a little step stool to get in and out of the van, so I looked where it was, shuffled over and thought I put foot on it to step out. I didn't. One big splat onto sidewalk bruising knees VERY badly. It really hurt but really embarrassing to do something so stupid in front of the driver and a security CM who very nicely picked me up, DH has seen me do stupid things before so not bothered by him seeing me. Limped over to check in when embarrassing incident number 2 occurred. Despite having a luggage scale the Virgin ones said we were overweight on one bag so we had to do the re-pack re-arrange thing in the parking lot with a line of fellow VA passengers watching us! I've seen others at airports do it and always thought "that's embarrassing" and now we were those people and yes it's embarrassing.
    Second weigh in declared us good so got our boarding passes and walked down to Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast. We both had coffee and the Classic breakfast of scrambled egg, bacon potatoes and toast. It was very good breakfast for the price and we recommend it. Normally we would have stayed for last minute shopping but I was in considerable pain from knees so walked slowly to the bus stops and got one of the first buses back to WL. Back there we found a couple of comfy chairs in the lobby and soaked up the atmosphere one last time. We had QS credit left so I went in the shop and found out could exchange it for 3 items marked with snack credits so got a lunchable, a drink and 2 cookies.
    ME collected us at 3 ish and glad we did as the place was so busy! Security to our gate was chaotic. So much noise that no-one could hear the instructions being shouted so there was a lot of confusion with no-one knowing exactly what to do or when to do it. Result - more shouting by TSA. I'd also misplaced my Sunflower lanyard from Manchester Airport which shows hidden disability so I was nearly freaking out with the noise and people etc and if had done no-one would have know why. It was horrible.
    Through security and had just enough time to eat at the Outback Steakhouse before boarding. This is where embarrassing incident number 3 took place. In our seat a lovely lady on the cabin crew came over to explain about DH's oxygen and I just burst into tears! Mostly because if DH doesn't get new lungs ( and possibly heart ) I'll lose him and so this was our last WDW trip. She was wonderful though and calmed me down and didn't make me feel too bad about being a sobbing wreck.
    Flight was without incident, I slept most of it and landed early the next morning to a cold frosty UK.
    The knee bruises took 2 week to disappear!
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Dislikes Beach Club Babe disliked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad that I'm not the only person who does things like that with the step! I am sorry though, it is a difficult way to end a trip. Sounds like MCO was a total zoo, and it would be a challenge for many people.

Sending healthy thoughts your way, and prayers for some new lungs (and lots more trips to come).
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you hurt yourself. Sending pixie dust and prayers to your husband to get new lungs soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Sending my pixies for you and your hubby. I am sorry the trip ended with the embarrassing incidents but know you are bn ot the only one that it has happened to. I also have rearranged bags - 1 over and 1 under despite our scale saying it was good. And at least you missed the step, Ibtrip over my own feet. I will keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your trip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear!!! So many distressing things that run counter to having had a nice trip!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much for the prayers and pixie dust, both DH and I really appreciate your kindness and thoughts. Thanks also for reading my reports, I know I'm not the most exciting writer.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip report! Glad you made it home safely. I'll say prayers for your husband's health and that one day, in the not too distant future, you will be winging your way back to the States for a celebratory trip to Disney for a successful lung transplant and a NOT needed heart transplant!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: