Quantcast Disneyland paris trip!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Disneyland paris trip!!!

We have booked our very first Disneyland Paris Trip this fall! I am so excited to check out somewhere familiar, yet different at the same time! It'll be like the first time we went to Disneyland in California a few years ago.

So, I have never been to France before either (heck, we really haven't been to Europe with the exception of the Azores) so I am looking for any advice all around. We are blowing the budget and staying at Disneyland Paris Hotel for three nights before getting an Airbnb (I think that's the plan) right in Paris to do sightseeing there before heading back home. Any advice on the best way to get from the airport (CDG) to Disneyland? We were looking at the TGV high speed train or a taxi. Dining recommendations? Must do's?

Feel free to share your wisdom with me! You guys are a wealth of knowledge and I welcome it!

Disneyland Paris Hotel - Fall '19!!

*Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Jenn, I've been to DLP (and Paris centre) twice, so feel free post or message me with any questions. I think you are smart to stay at the Disneyland Hotel there--it is literally on the doorstep of the Magic Kingdom and a short walk from Downtown Disney and the Studios. Last time I stayed at the Sequoia Lodge, which was nice but a bit of a walk to the parks and the time before that we stayed a mile offsite at a very nice aparthotel, but even with bus service it wasn't nearly as convenient as the onsite hotels. As far as Paris itself, both times I stayed in an AirBnB rental; one was in the Marais neighorhood (very chic area) and the other time one block over from the Louvre. We could see the Eiffel Tower "twinkle" every night looking out one of the windows! I would just make sure your AirBnB rental is a registered one, as the city officials/mayor have been going back and forth over the legality of short-term rentals. I think they've worked out an arrangement with AirBnB now but there are restrictions and from what I understand if a rental is not registered there is a chance (albeit rare) that the rental may be pulled from the market if the owner/management gets caught. It would probably be good to have backup lodging (hotel) in place that you can cancel at the last minute if need be.

Transportation is very fast and convenient on the high-speed train to/from CDG and DLP. My son used it once to go to the airport from DLP (my husband and I were traveling on to other areas of France) and had no issues. Last time I was there my travel buddy and I took a private shuttle we reserved from the Sequoia Lodge to CDG, which was okay. These days, though, I'm sure you can just use Uber and it would be competitively priced and easier to manage once you get there. Just an added note--it is extremely easy to get around Paris centre using the Metro (BTW, the nicest Metro station anywhere is the one by the Louvre--there is artwork on the platforms!) Just buy a couple carnet of tickets (10/carnet) when you arrive at the airport. If you choose to take a taxi, take note of the taxi stands because you cannot hail a taxi in the street as is done in some American cities. And even then, the taxi drivers are sometimes very picky about who they'll pick up, especially if the passengers have a lot of luggage. It's a cultural thing.

Favorite restaurants at DLP--Walt's and Bistrot Chez Remy, which is right next to one of my favorite rides, Ratatouille. So glad that attraction is coming to Epcot! I think we rode it four times on our trip. Another favorite ride is Crush's Coaster, but you can't get a Fastpass for that, so get there as early as possible after opening to ride it once and maybe two times. On that note DLP still uses the old-fashioned Fastpass system with the machines. They also sell some Speedy Access passes which are good for multiple attractions, but I can't imagine you would need that in the Fall.

One of the things I loved about DLP is that it has its own unique rides but even the ones patterned after the ones in the states have twists in the queue, theme and in some cases, changes in the actual ride itself. The castle there is also my favorite Disney Parks castle (of course, I've only been to three); very fairytale-ish and elegant and there is also a beautiful stained glass exhibit on the upper floors that tells the story of Sleeping Beauty--"La Galerie de la Belle au Bois Dormant".

I've blabbed on long enough I suppose! Like I said, let me know if you have any questions!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: