Quantcast Funniest things said/done by your family members in a WDW park?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funniest things said/done by your family members in a WDW park?

Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted anything. But, this morning, we were listening to Disney Parks background music while making breakfast, and my wife and I were reminiscing about some funny things our kids did on our early trips to WDW, when they kids were young. We have three children, and two are now out of the house. We're staring being empty-nesters in the face.

Anyway, back on one of our earlier trips, our oldest daughter Jaci (then 4, now 19) and I had stayed in Epcot later than the rest of the family. They had bailed long before the fireworks show and closing in order to not have to wait for a bus back to the resort. But Jaci wanted to see the fireworks. So, I stayed with her. When it was all over, and we started walking out, she started crying. Sobbing, really. When I asked what was wrong, she wailed, "I don't want to go! I NEVER want to leave! I want to LIVE IN EPCOT!" Then she started screaming as we left the gates, "LET'S GO BACK IN! I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE! NOOOOOOOO!!!"

I mean, at the time, it was a little embarrassing, but now, we crack up about it. My wife texted her this morning and asked her if she remembered. She did, and she texted back, "I STILL want to live in Epcot. The food is incredible!"
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2. Likes PopPhan, Giggy liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is good to hear from you again. That is a pretty funny story. I feel the same every time I have to leave WDW.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

So this wasn't a funny thing at the parks, but once we got home from one of our trips.
    My son is now 5.5, he's been to Disney every year since his first birthday. We live just outside a pretty busy city, with public transportation, but he has never been on a city bus. Around the time he was 3.5 or so, we were in the car driving and he yelled mommy stop the car! My husband and I were confused, and asked why. He said, mommy we need to get on that bus right now. When I asked why, he said we need to get on that bus, that's how we get to see Mickey and I NEED to see Mickey right now! He had no clue that there were buses that didn't go to see Mickey.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    ~Walt Disney

6. Likes Cinderelley, PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is probably a "you had to be there moment", but on our last trip, we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern. My DS1 loved the turkey. We had all finished eating except him. He wanted more turkey but didn't want to hold us up. His solution was to take an empty water bottle and fill it up with turkey. Then he snacked on it as we walked along to the rides.

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i love this thread..I'm going to give a few.

1. My family was on the bus, late, going back to our resort. A boy maybe 10 or 11 plops down between us and says "sisters, such pains". My sister looked at him and said "hey i'm a sister, that's my brother right there" the kid looks at me and says "you know what, i'm saying". we gave knuckles. then a girl across from us kicks him, not hard...he looks at me and says "that's my cousin. it must be a girl thing". i said "well kid, it doesn't get better as you grow". the kid sinks back in the bench and mumbles "women, they have a black heart". so now everytime we disagree i tell my sister she has a black heart"

2. We are on the pirates ride and there's a couple college age kids behind us and the guy is telling his date that one of the cool things about the disney parks is how the rides were made to keep the story going, like dumbo, snow white, etc. and the girl says. "well i wonder how old this ride is and the guy says "well it can't be that old, the movie only came out a couple years ago".

3. My sister comes out of the bathroom laughing. She said she was in the bathroom and a lady was cleaning up her daughter, who was like 7 or so. she asked her daugher why she waited so long to go to the bathroom. the girl said "well johnny and i have a bet and who ever has to go to the bathroom first the other one gets to punch, and he punches hard" the mom says, well tell you what next time you have to go to the bathroom squeeze my hand twice and i'll say i have to go and i'll take you.

4. we are on Soarin' and there's two lines. my sister and my best friend go through and as i am following them a young girl from the other line jumps in front of me, the cast member very politely says "hold on princess, wait your turn". my sister and friend jerk around thinking the cast member called me princess. gave me **** all night. as we were going to bed. i said night to my sister and friend, my sister said good night and then my friend said "night sarah, night princess". my sister started laughing so hard she rolled out of her bed. now i'm a 55 year old man and they still call me princess now and then.

5. we were at wdw, we were much younger. my dad and mom took us to a show. I don't remember the name, it's not there but it was a live show w/mickey. at the end Mickey says that's all folks. and it goes black and my sister in her 4 year old high pierced voice screams out "bye Mickey".

6. a couple years ago i went w/ my sons, gf, sister, her husband, their daughter and friend of mine. it was the weekend that pandora opened. it was the weekend where same sex couples visited. We had more fun as they were so into the park and having fun. we went to the country jamoree. and the theatre was filled with red shirts that they all wore. a family got up and walked out and the theatre booed them. behind us a girl said she had to go bathroom and her father said "i'm not leaving, i don't want to get booed. I turned around and said my son had to go too, so i'd take her. i stood up and yelled "hey just taking the kids to the bathroom, i'll be right back" got a lot of cheers. the best part is they knew all the words and sang along, it was awesome.

7. now this isn't funny, just sentimental. my parents use to take us to the parks all the time when we were kids. and as adults i continued to go w/ friends or my sister. When i was young i would walk down main street and hold my dad's hand. i use to think i couldn't wait to be a dad and take my kid to disney and walk down main street w/ my son. Well i grew up and got older and that never happened. it was ok, still loved going. and finally when i was 45 i met a girl and we had a son. The greatest moment of my life was when he was 3 and we walked down main street hand in hand. i literally had tears in my eyes. my son looked up at me and said "dad this is the happiest place on earth, why are you crying" i picked him up and told him i was the happiest person on earth"

(on a side note my son has been to disneyworld 10 times and disneyland 4 times). i thought we were spoiling him until one night i over heard him talking to a fiend who was headed to disney and my son said "i am so lucky, i go a lot, and i know that's normal, most kids dont get to go once, much less as much as i do. You will love it...and when i grow up i can't wait to take my son, like my mom and dad do"
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

10. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, NewDVCowner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, most of us all know that with Magical Express you get some good bus drivers and some so/so. Going back to the airport one year the driver said,"boys and girls we are leaving Disney property so say goodbye to Mickey." My husband looks at me and asks, "did you say goodbye to Mickey?" Of course I did very quietly. I still get some what teary eyed and laugh at that one.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

12. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    7. now this isn't funny, just sentimental. my parents use to take us to the parks all the time when we were kids. and as adults i continued to go w/ friends or my sister. When i was young i would walk down main street and hold my dad's hand. i use to think i couldn't wait to be a dad and take my kid to disney and walk down main street w/ my son. Well i grew up and got older and that never happened. it was ok, still loved going. and finally when i was 45 i met a girl and we had a son. The greatest moment of my life was when he was 3 and we walked down main street hand in hand. i literally had tears in my eyes. my son looked up at me and said "dad this is the happiest place on earth, why are you crying" i picked him up and told him i was the happiest person on earth"

(on a side note my son has been to disneyworld 10 times and disneyland 4 times). i thought we were spoiling him until one night i over heard him talking to a fiend who was headed to disney and my son said "i am so lucky, i go a lot, and i know that's normal, most kids dont get to go once, much less as much as i do. You will love it...and when i grow up i can't wait to take my son, like my mom and dad do"
    That may be one of the best comments I have read in my Disney life! Those are the feelings that non-Disney people just don't get...The magic shared through the generations.

Thank you for sharing!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

14. Thanks ransam thanked for this post
    Likes ransam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick funny one. Last year, we were collecting character autographs on a large Mickey Vinylmation. OF course, not everyone can sign, so we were trying to remember if Joy and Sadness could sign. I went and took a peek, came out to my husband and loudly exclaimed "FEELINGS HAVE FINGERS". The people next to him looked very confused, and then giggled as we explained it all.

On the funny/sentimental side, my Mom finally came with us for a trip when she was well into her 60's. We got to MK, went under the train station and she saw the castle for the first time. She started to cry and said "it is as beautiful as I always hoped it would be". Well, then DD started to cry 'cause Nana was crying. I started to cry, well, since everyone else was crying and I was just happy we were all there. My poor husband looks at us all and says "this is going to be along trip if you're already all crying".
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

16. Thanks ransam thanked for this post
    Likes NewDVCowner, ransam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. We managed to take our children (1 son, 2 daughters) about 18 times over 20 years. I can't believe it's been that long. Now they're older, although our youngest is just starting high school, and we're getting ready to be grandparents. My wife can't wait to walk down Main Street holding the hands of her grandkids.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

18. Thanks ransam thanked for this post
    Likes ransam, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Just a quick funny one. Last year, we were collecting character autographs on a large Mickey Vinylmation. OF course, not everyone can sign, so we were trying to remember if Joy and Sadness could sign. I went and took a peek, came out to my husband and loudly exclaimed "FEELINGS HAVE FINGERS". The people next to him looked very confused, and then giggled as we explained it all.

On the funny/sentimental side, my Mom finally came with us for a trip when she was well into her 60's. We got to MK, went under the train station and she saw the castle for the first time. She started to cry and said "it is as beautiful as I always hoped it would be". Well, then DD started to cry 'cause Nana was crying. I started to cry, well, since everyone else was crying and I was just happy we were all there. My poor husband looks at us all and says "this is going to be along trip if you're already all crying".
    I don't know why but the part of your husband saying this is going to be a long trip if you guys are crying reminded me of my dad, that is exactly something he would have said.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

20. Likes ibelieveindisneymagic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't exactly recall which trip (and which park DL vs. MK) but late one night, more than 10 years ago, final ride, we decided to take one last Jungle Cruise. I think it might have been DL. The boat was fairly empty except for us and what appeared to be other off-duty CMs.

The Skipper was really having fun, and instead of running through all of his lines, he instead proceeded to drive the boat and run through his lines as if he was the robot pilot from the original Star Tours. He even had the voice down. It was spectacular. I think we were nearly doubled over as he was using the spot lights as his laser cannons (with pew pew sounds to accompany). I imagine that's something that might get a CM fired these days, but it was absolutely hilarious and still magical.

We still remember it to this day.
    3/89 WDW
    3/02 Day trip MK
    10/02 Honeymoon WL
    3/03 Day trip DLR
    10/03 1st Ann. ASMovies
    11/04-12/04 SSR
    9/05 Grand Calif
    7/06 WDW
    1/08 A Friend's Bachelor Party DLR
    8/09 DLR w/ newborn
    10/10 Princess' 1st trip to WDW
    6/14 Littlest Princess' 1st visit to WDW
    3/16 DLR
    9/19 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

i love this thread..I'm going to give a few.

I'm sitting here at work crying after reading this.

23. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On one of my girls only trips, my friend and I walked out to the bus stop in the morning. We are both from Arizona. There was a man and a boy, that I assume was his son, sitting at the bus stop. The boy was about 7 years old.
    The man was reading a story to him out of the newspaper about how a homeowner in Arizona shot someone who had broken into his home. The little boy asked "Why did he do that?" The man, in a John Wayne type voice, said "Because that's what they do out West son. They take the law into their own hands." He made it sound like we were out in the wild, wild west again.
    My friend and I looked at each other and cracked up laughing.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife's landyard broke while we are on the raft from tom sawyer island, I went after it.. I'll probably get cancer from that water.

At Universal Island of Adventure, end of Dudley Do right.. Took 3 people to pull be out of the log, I was so wedged in there, and my soaked cotton shirt under the lap bar, and yeah... Thought I was going to have walk around in the ride vehicle, with a couple of holes in the bottom Fred Flinstone style.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    At Universal Island of Adventure, end of Dudley Do right.. Took 3 people to pull be out of the log, I was so wedged in there, and my soaked cotton shirt under the lap bar, and yeah... Thought I was going to have walk around in the ride vehicle, with a couple of holes in the bottom Fred Flinstone style.
    Lol

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: