While I am not anti breeds such as pit bulls people need to watch their family pets and remember they are dogs, not people, no matter how close you are to your pets.

In the last few weeks I have had two friends attacked by their dogs or had their dog attacked.

In one case, a friend was in the face of her beloved part pit bull and he bit her face, just barely missing her eye. She blames herself since she was so close to his mouth and it was treat related. Never put your face close to a dog. I have a part golden/part rottie and I always told the girls NEVER get in his face. We raised him from 6 weeks old and now he is 14. But he does have powerful jaws and you just never know.

Yesterday a friend was with a lady she is friends with and the lady has a pit bull. My friend had her 2 small dogs with her and the pit bull attacked one of her babies. It wasn’t killed instantly but was hurt very bad ( no graphic details here) and had to be euthanized. My friend is devastated. Never trust a bigger dog with toy breeds.