Quantcast After hours events

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default After hours events

New dates for end of August have opened up for the After Hour Events at MK and AK. Even though they seem pricey I am considering them, especially MK.

I have the choice of a MVMHP or the after hours of MK. The advantages of HP are seeing the new Halloween fireworks and I love the Hocus Pocus Show. Not really interested in much else that is special during that event, except seeing the fun costumes. The parade is also fun, but I have seen it several times. Disadvantage- it will be crowded and not much ride time. Also, not really in a Halloween mood that early in the season. It will be my only MK Park time that trip.

Since you can get into the park at 7 pm I would be able to see fireworks for the after hours night.

I think the after hours event at MK sounds like a better choice since it will cooler at night (August heat and humidity - ugh). Plus I will miss the crowds. I have mobility issues ( bad knee) and I hate the heat.

For AK it looks like a lot of the actual Animal areas and the shows are closed. I haven’t been able to spend a lot of time in Pandora at night and I would love to just soak up all the lights and atmosphere of the area in the quiet darkness.

I won’t ride FOP but I do enjoy the Navi River. Can you go to the FOP preshow and then take a chicken exit. I did that for Harry Potter Gringotts at Universal and reallyenjoyed the details.

If I get to AK at 7 I am figuring I could do the safari and maybe the walk through on the trail then by that time it will probably close in Africa. I would get to see Rivers of Light and the tree awakening and check out the other sections of the park. I am guessing the Asia walking trail is closed by 8. So the only ride I would probably do is Navi River and maybe something in Dinoland. I have not really been to that section of park.

Not sure if AK would be worth the money for me for that event but the idea of nighttime in the park sounds nice. And maybe not quite as humid/hot at night? Normally we get to AK for early entry and leave after a lunch at a Flametree when it first opens.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    I won’t ride FOP but I do enjoy the Navi River. Can you go to the FOP preshow and then take a chicken exit. I did that for Harry Potter Gringotts at Universal and reallyenjoyed the details.
    Most assuredly. You can go right through the entire pre-show, up to and including the ride loading area. Instead of stopping at the ride vehicle just continue through the room to the exit.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

4. Thanks Katzateer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from DW. We did the After Hours event last Thursday. We had a blast. We went on almost every ride. Some of them multiple times with no wait at all. We did not do Mine Train as it had a 30 minute wait and I did not want to waste time in line. The snacks were great too. My DD tried all the frozen treats. We did not feel it was crowded at all. Actually thought there would be more people. We will do it again if given the chance

6. Thanks Katzateer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Check the times that the trails close. When we were there last October, the trails closed at 5 pm.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: