Quantcast What's Open For Phase I of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation What's Open For Phase I of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge?

With today's Grand Opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland park, a full guide to the Phase I attractions and activities has been released:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Fly the “Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy” in Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run

The Millennium Falcon is a Star Wars icon, and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge makes dreams come true for those of you who’ve wished to step aboard the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.” In Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, you’ll strap into the Falcon cockpit and take the controls as either a pilot, gunner or flight engineer on a mission to deliver smuggled goods while avoiding any… unnecessary entanglements.

Stroll the Black Spire Outpost Marketplace

Black Spire Outpost in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is home to a bustling marketplace, full of vendors showcasing wares from across the galaxy. Pick up authentic Batuuan attire with a stop at Black Spire Outfitters, start a collection of rare artifacts at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, or peek into the cages in the Creature Stall. The marketplace’s twisting pathway is just waiting to be explored, with something new to see seemingly around every turn.

Take a Swig of Blue Milk

Ever since Luke Skywalker sat down for a family meal in Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars fans have had this burning question: What does Blue Milk taste like? Now at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, you finally have your answer. The Milk Stand in the Black Spire Outpost marketplace offers both Blue and Green Milk, delicious frozen blends with dashes of fruity accents.

Grab a Bite to Go at Ronto Roasters

Whether it’s the large podracing engine hanging overhead, the former smelter droid turning a spit of meats or just the savory smells wafting by, Ronto Roasters is sure to grab your attention. This marketplace stall offers mouth-watering Ronto Wraps and sweet-or-spicy Nuna Turkey Jerky, as well as a selection of specialty beverages.

Craft a Lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop

Constructing a lightsaber is a rite of passage in the life of a Jedi, as this elegant weapon from a more civilized age is attuned to its wielder through the Force. Inside Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers, you’ll feel the presence of the Force as you craft your own lightsabers, customizing them with various hilts, décor and the all-important kyber crystals. Experience is subject to availability and reservations may be required.

Build a Droid Inside the Droid Depot

Droids can be some of the most loyal companions in the entire Star Wars galaxy, and now you have the chance to build and customize your own astromech friends at the Droid Depot. Patrons pick pieces and parts off a conveyor belt to construct one of two core models (R-series or BB-series), which can then interact with elements throughout Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Experience is subject to availability and reservations may be required.

Drop By for a Drink at Oga’s Cantina

The heartbeat of Black Spire Outpost, Oga’s Cantina is a place where even the blaster-bolt scorches on the walls tell a story. Guests can gather to share tales from around the galaxy as you enjoy exotic beverages served in unique vessels and listen to spirited musical entertainment from DJ R-3X, the former droid pilot from Star Tours. Whether sidling up to the cantina’s counter or sliding into one of the establishment’s back booths, this is the best place to catch up on local gossip, make a new friend or form a new alliance.

Hack Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge with the Play Disney Parks Mobile App

When accessed inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the Play Disney Parks app transforms your mobile device into your very own Star Wars: Datapad. You can then scan the contents hidden inside containers, translate languages, and tune into communications happening throughout the land. You can also use this tool to hack into droids and door panels (what the locals call “slicing”) to unlock additional stories.

Be on the Lookout for Kylo Ren, Rey and Other Star Wars Characters

Keep your eyes open as you explore Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, because you may encounter heroes of the Resistance or agents of the First Order. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren lands at Black Spire Outpost and gathers Stormtroopers to help him hunt for Resistance fighter Rey. Guests may also encounter Millennium Falcon co-pilot Chewbacca or Resistance spy Vi Moradi.
    The same or similar offerings are expected for Walt Disney World's Phase I opening later this year.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1 ride, A bunch of money grabbing stores, lame food offerings (they couldn't even bother with a full service restaurant?), an app and a meet and greet. All this hype for just that? Disney had a net income of 12.6 billion dollars last year and that is all they can come up with? Ridiculous.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

4. Likes Katzateer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    1 ride, A bunch of money grabbing stores, lame food offerings (they couldn't even bother with a full service restaurant?), an app and a meet and greet. All this hype for just that? Disney had a net income of 12.6 billion dollars last year and that is all they can come up with? Ridiculous.
    Add on a 25% ticket increase to this and it becomes even more ridiculous. I suspect this is going to be a one and done thing for a lot of people. The more I think about it, the more irritated I get. I was hoping for something great for DS to enjoy since Disney has butchered Star Wars so much. This is not it.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like Disney was in a rush to get SOMETHING open for Summer crowds at Disneyland and for the Fall crowds in WDW. With all the construction around the parks, they needed something to give visitors.

Once Phase II is complete and open, maybe it will be worth it. We shall see. I will hold off on my criticism...for now.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: