Quantcast Grand Floridian Visit - Part Three

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Floridian Visit - Part Three

On Thursday, we are scheduled to be at the Magic Kingdom. Our fastpasses for this day are spread out from about mid-morning to mid-afternoon so we just head directly to the park.

We end up in the park shortly after opening. Haunted Mansion only has a 15 minute wait so we do that. It's a Small World still has a short standby line so we do that one. Now, lines are starting to build. We have paper fastpasses for Pirates of the Caribbean (We had done two rounds of "A Pirate's Adventure" a couple of weeks before with a group from our community which earned us paper fastpasses to Pirates which were good through the end of May) so use them for a Pirates ride. It's now time for our Big Thunder fastpass. We still have some time before our Peter Pan fastpass so we head into Philharmagic. After Philharmagic, we head directly on Peter Pan.

After Peter, we still have a couple of hours before our fastpass on 7 Dwarves. I check to see if we can pick up a table service reservation within the Magic Kingdom but we are hungry and the times available are too far away so we head to the monorail and get off at the Contemporary where we have a nice, relaxed (and cool) lunch at Contempo Cafe. We both have burgers which are huge!!! We agree, that next time, we'll order one and split it!!

We monorail back to Magic Kingdom but still have time before our 7 Dwarves fastpass so we use the second paper fastpass we have for Pirates. With still more time to spare, we ride PeopleMover (The Tron track is really taking shape now) and then head over to 7 Dwarves. I guess our timing was good and the system hadn't caught up with us yet because, as we were walking out of the Magic Kingdom, I received notice that 7 Dwarves had gone down and we could use our fastpass on an alternate ride.

After returning to the Grand Floridian, we hang out in our room for a little bit. For dinner, we decide to see if there is any availability at the bar at Citrico's and, if not, we would go to Gaspirilla's. There was plenty of room at the bar (though we actually could have been seated at a table since the restaurant wasn't very busy at the time). We each ordered the short ribs which were very yummy!!!

After dinner, we sat in the lobby downstairs to listen to a set by the Grand Floridian Band before returning to our room.

We watched the Electrical Light Parade from our room and, once again, walked over to the dock and watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks from there.

On Friday morning, we packed up our belongings, loaded our car and returned home!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Likes PunzelBelle, Jeff liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for posting your trip report. I miss reading people's trip reports and daydreaming about a trip.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Great timing for the Mine Train! Sounds like a great (although short) trip. Glad you enjoyed (and glad you shared your trip report).
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: