Quantcast 4th of July at the parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4th of July at the parks?

I would love to hear others' experiences with being in Disney around 4th of July? How do the crowds compare to Christmas and New Years Eve?

I heard that sometimes MK closes to capacity on the 4th, does anyone recall that happening with Epcot? I am an AP holder, so I only plan to venture to the parks in the evenings--I'd like to see the Epcot fireworks on the 4th.

With having a vacation home in FL since 2017 and being a 2 trips/year visitor for about 10 years previous--funnily enough I've never been in July!!!
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

2. Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget the MK if you are there on the 4th. It was crowded. Scary crowded. We grabbed a spot to watch the fireworks and the crowd started pushing so hard, people wound up having to jump the fencing and crawled into the landscaping. Never again.

Epcot was not as crowded. That park just handles crowd flow better. There are far more options to get away from the masses IMO. I would definitely stick to Epcot.
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

5. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4 View Post
    Forget the MK if you are there on the 4th. It was crowded. Scary crowded. We grabbed a spot to watch the fireworks and the crowd started pushing so hard, people wound up having to jump the fencing and crawled into the landscaping. Never again.

Epcot was not as crowded. That park just handles crowd flow better. There are far more options to get away from the masses IMO. I would definitely stick to Epcot.
    Thanks! Your comments confirm my thought to avoid MK! The MK does the same fireworks on the 3rd, so we may watch those from the Poly or the Grand Floridian. Family members did that for the NYE fireworks on 12/30 and it worked well.
    DVC Member

7. Thanks PunzelBelle thanked for this post
    Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the fireworks at Epcot and MK totally 4th of July themed on the 4th or will it still be the happily ever after show? Will their be patriot music instead?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    Are the fireworks at Epcot and MK totally 4th of July themed on the 4th or will it still be the happily ever after show? Will their be patriot music instead?
    I wanted to update this thread with a trip report:

The MK fireworks on 7/3 and 7/4 are special fireworks with patriotic music. I watched them from the Poly beach on 7/3. There was a crowd, but it was very manageable. People were sitting on the beach as early as 2 hours beforehand, but I got a space about 20 minutes beforehand and it was fine. Cast members kept the sidewalk clear at all times. This is definitely a great fireworks viewing spot for those who don't like the overcrowded feeling at MK. There were barriers piled on the beach that I believe they put up on the 4th to make a reserved area for Poly guests. The resort was quite busy overall, but it had the fun, festive feeling generally.

I watched the Epcot fireworks on 7/4. I would describe the park as busy, but manageable as well. A Saturday night during Food & Wine is much busier in my opinion. One challenge is that they light up extra fireworks over the USA pavilion, so the large restrooms there are blocked starting at about 8:00. This made the other restrooms in the area very crowded. This may change in the future, since this was the last 4th of July fireworks combined with Illuminations.
    DVC Member

10. Thanks Figment! thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your trip report.

I'm sure it will help others plan for next year.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: