Quantcast Fight in Disneyland Toontown 7/6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fight in Disneyland Toontown 7/6

Question after viewing video of the fight at Disneyland, why so long for security to show up? This thing went on for at least 4 minutes before any responsible Disney employees showed up and these were more or less manager types, not real security. Not a good showing for Disney preparedness.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Question after viewing video of the fight at Disneyland, why so long for security to show up? This thing went on for at least 4 minutes before any responsible Disney employees showed up and these were more or less manager types, not real security. Not a good showing for Disney preparedness.
    Worse showing for those participating in such nonsense.

FYI, police in your neighborhood might not be at your house for 10-20 minutes.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't look good for Disney that it took SO long before security showed up. I think the people should be banned from Disneyland for life. That one man in the red just kept walking back to do more damage to his own relatives!
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

5. Likes eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing was unbelievably disturbing.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

This is why they should have Disney tazers to purchase. Never know when you might need to zap someone.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think would have been a reasonable time? And why?

But before you answer, you would have to know how much time it took to notify Disney security.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Disney tasers? Would that be: ZAP-A Dee-Doo-Dah?
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

10. Likes PopPhan, eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    What do you think would have been a reasonable time? And why?

But before you answer, you would have to know how much time it took to notify Disney security.
    At 42 seconds there was a Disney cast member in sight on the video and another at 1:16. These are just one's visible in the video. Even when security did show up they really did nothing. Now we hear Disneyland may have a no touch policy, they must wait for the police. They can't have at least one security officer in each land? This encounter had to be extremely loud. The guy in the red shirt was still roaming around when the video ended.
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

FYI, police in your neighborhood might not be at your house for 10-20 minutes.
    If they lived at my house I'd expect them sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that Anaheim PD had officers in front of the park when fight took place. For those of you who have never been to DL, toon town is at the very back of the park. The officers would of had to get through the gate travel down Main Street, and through Fantasyland before they arrived in Toon town.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

If they lived at my house I'd expect them sooner.
    Average wait time for Police are what what they are. Why I own ample number of social work tools

10 minutes seems reasonable. Non issue. What is unreasonable is like 7 bucks for a churro
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

At 42 seconds there was a Disney cast member in sight on the video and another at 1:16. These are just one's visible in the video. Even when security did show up they really did nothing. Now we hear Disneyland may have a no touch policy, they must wait for the police. They can't have at least one security officer in each land? This encounter had to be extremely loud. The guy in the red shirt was still roaming around when the video ended.
    I guarantee Disney has a no touch policy. Just like every reputable company. Security guards' jobs are simple: observe and report. They are not trained to take people into custody and I guarantee Disney's insurance company doesn't allow it.

There may have been a cast member on the phone at 32 seconds. Assuming that person called the correct person, that's about a 3 minute response. Again, that's if you assumed the correct person was called. Likely, that cast member called his/her supervisor who had to call someone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    I guarantee Disney has a no touch policy. Just like every reputable company. Security guards' jobs are simple: observe and report. They are not trained to take people into custody and I guarantee Disney's insurance company doesn't allow it.

There may have been a cast member on the phone at 32 seconds. Assuming that person called the correct person, that's about a 3 minute response. Again, that's if you assumed the correct person was called. Likely, that cast member called his/her supervisor who had to call someone else.
    Walmart has a touch policy. So its hard to say, who has what policy. As far as response time, seems reasonable based on the severity of the issue. Its unfortunate some folks cannot behave. But, way of the world these days.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    Disney tasers? Would that be: ZAP-A Dee-Doo-Dah?
    rofl
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

18. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What they don't need to wait for is activating a plan to secure the area. It would be good for them to consider some actions they can take to minimize risk for guests and cast members alike, such as roping off and/or diverting traffic ASAP, sheltering guests in place inside any structures until it is safe, etc. In this case it doesn't look like bystanders were targeted/injured, but that cannot be assumed.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad thing is... they told the police nothing happened and no charges were pressed... Thankfully for this video, PD can now do their job and investigate these pieces of garbage and arrest them if deemed appropriate...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Sad thing is... they told the police nothing happened and no charges were pressed... Thankfully for this video, PD can now do their job and investigate these pieces of garbage and arrest them if deemed appropriate...
    The family probably goes through this on a regular basis, unfortunately. If someone assaulted a member of my family, the perpetrator would be begging for the police to show up by the time I finished with them.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from what the touch-no touch policy might be, Disney has a real credibility problem here.

Despite the obvious security outside the park, and the talk of undercover security inside the park, cameras everywhere, or the guys in the blazers, it might appear there is no real security in the park.

Hopefully, CMs determined there was no serious threat to others in the area and no need to evacuate or secure the area. I've seen a few CMs that seem that capable.

Essentially, what's the message from this incident? Disney doesn't really consider your security a priority?

This could lead to more incidents or some folks feeling as tho there are more comfortable ways to spend their time and money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    I heard that Anaheim PD had officers in front of the park when fight took place. For those of you who have never been to DL, toon town is at the very back of the park. The officers would of had to get through the gate travel down Main Street, and through Fantasyland before they arrived in Toon town.
    I guess folks want a cop/guard every 5 feet. 10 minutes, pretty quick turn around. If guards are on the other side of the park, if there is a parade, if its super busy, yeah,10 minutes sounds real good. I can't buy a churro at DL that fast. I bet you can't get a cop to your situation that fast in the rest of LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    The family probably goes through this on a regular basis, unfortunately. If someone assaulted a member of my family, the perpetrator would be begging for the police to show up by the time I finished with them.
    Probably par for the course. Pretty common on family disputes. Likely everyone would be charged with something.

All and all, aside from it happening at DL, its hardly newsworthy. It was a limited situation that was dealt with in around 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    Aside from what the touch-no touch policy might be, Disney has a real credibility problem here.

Essentially, what's the message from this incident? Disney doesn't really consider your security a priority?

This could lead to more incidents or some folks feeling as tho there are more comfortable ways to spend their time and money.
    What credibility problem? They dealt w/ the situation pretty quickly when you consider the crowds, the level of the situation and the magnitude of the park. Sub 10 isn't bad.

More incidents. Well, DL is a lot different than WDW. Much more of a local stop, than a big destination like WDW. Similar crowd as you might find at Six Flags or something. Stuff like this is going to pop up.

The real unusual thing, you'd think this would happen at a tenser part of the park (SW/Cars) where its really like sardines over there. You have 100,000's a guests a day, stuff like this is going to pop up. It was dealt with quickly.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Sadly, you are probably right... The adults are simpletons, but the poor kids... Living with that trash, seeing that violence... And we wonder why kids shoot up their schools, bully other kids, and play these stupid knock out a stranger games... All this is learned AT HOME.. With that trash as parents, those kids already are dealing strikes against them...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: