Quantcast Bunk Beds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Bunk Beds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bunk Beds

This upcoming trip is mostly for my daughter. She’s a teenager and I don’t see her much anymore because that’s how teenagers are. I’m bringing her friend along with her. My little boy is only nine and he doesn’t ask for much but he wanted bunkbeds so I switched our room to the Wilderness Lodge and got us bunkbeds. Has anybody slept in these rooms? What can you tell me?
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been years since we stayed in the cabins. I know we, at least once, had bunkbeds in the master bedroom area (though we had no need of them at that time). At that time, the living room included a pull-down out of the wall Murphy bed. On at least one occasion, my daughter and her friend slept there. I know they've redone the interiors of the cabins and it looks like the new layout puts the kitchen in the center of the cabin and moved the living room area to the front. Instead of the murphy bed, it looks like there is now a queen sized pull out sofa in that area. The bunkbed still shares space with the bedroom though it appears they eliminated the sink and mirror that used to be in the bedroom area. That extra sink was nice for morning prep.

Con - with four people including two teenage girls, the one bathroom might be a bit of a challenge when preparing for the parks.
    Con - transportation from the cabins usually involves taking two modes of transportation to get to any of the parks - an internal bus and then a bus or boat to the park. Some folks rent golf carts so they don't have to wait on the internal bus and also just as a fun way to get around the campground. The other option is have a car and drive to the parks.
    Pro - you don't have any neighbors sharing walls alongside you or above you.
    Pro - if you have a car, you have a parking space right outside your door for your vehicle.
    Pro - the campground is quite lovely.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Get a bucket buddy, you'll be good to go!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

A clarification question. There are bunkbed rooms at Wilderness Lodge, and bunkbeds in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Are you in a room at Wilderness Lodge, or the cabin?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

There are bunk beds in the master bedroom? That would be awkward with a teenage guest.

Once our girls got to upper middle school age they brought a friend. We would get connecting rooms at Pop Century. My only request was they didn’t lock the door. It worked out great. They had their own bath, could stay up on computers as late as wanted and slept in a few morning. Plus they could leave their stuff scattered all over the room and mom didn’t care.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    A clarification question. There are bunkbed rooms at Wilderness Lodge, and bunkbeds in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Are you in a room at Wilderness Lodge, or the cabin?
    We are in the Wilderness Lodge.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops!! The original poster did say Wilderness Lodge but I misread it and responded to the setup at the campground cabins!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm ... are you all in one room, or do you have a room with the bunkbeds and another room? I haven't stayed in the bunk bed rooms, but I've heard they can feel darker than the other rooms, maybe due to the high beds?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm ... are you all in one room, or do you have a room with the bunkbeds and another room? I haven't stayed in the bunk bed rooms, but I've heard they can feel darker than the other rooms, maybe due to the high beds?
    All in one room. I did inquire about a second room, but the CM stated Disney requires someone be at least 18 to stay in a room.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at a bunk bed room in AKL. I'm not sure if it is the same at WL or not. I am assuming it is you, your son and the two teenage girls. I don't think it would be awkward. You and the son in the bunk beds. The two girls in the bed. There was plenty of privacy around the bathroom.

We built a fort out of the bunk bed. I happened to be sleeping at the top of the fort when mousekeeping walked in. She started laughing so hard that she had to walk out of the room. I left them a nice tip for having to clean up our fort. Just something you might want to do with your DS.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post

We built a fort out of the bunk bed....
    Lol. This is EXACTLY what we were planning. Great minds think alike. Lol.

13. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds lie it will be a great trip, used to love making forts with my boys when they were little. I think our kitchen table and couches spent most of the time as forts when they were smaller. Have a wonderful trip!!

15. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a WL bunk bed room in November. How old are the teens? There is no privacy except in the bathroom with the door shut. Could make getting ready tricky. The reason I ask the ages is when I was a teen I would have been mortified at the thought of sharing a room with a 9 yr old boy simply because of that "awkward about my body" stage. Other thing to remember that if have a courtyard room, keep curtains closed when privacy required. Although on 6th floor, you can see straight across into the opposite rooms and see everything, especially when the light is on!
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: