Quantcast 25% Increase in Annual Pass Prices in effect NOW! (6/18/2019) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the tipping point for us. We’ve had AP’s for the last 10 years and visited a least once a year prior to that. I really can’t justify spending almost 5K for a family of four to go to an amusement park a few times a year. We don’t live in Florida, but we try to utilize out AP’s and visit 3-4 times a year. We almost always stay onsite and eat most of our meals on property. Unfortunately, they have now made it where we will now only visit once a year. I guess they’re trying to thin the crowds by increasing the cost of admission. It’s worked on us.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

2. Likes eam liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If they get rid of the repeat customers, they can cut back on other stuff, and no one will be there to notice the difference and hold them accountable.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

5. Likes eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure they have number crunchers that have taken everything into account, but I really do wonder if they looked at everything. Most avid Disney fans are loyal to a fault, but for us this is the tipping point. Because we don't live in Florida, we have to stay at a hotel. Because none of the regular rooms have kitchens, we eat most of our meals onsite. We buy AP exclusive merchandise during special events as well. We usually visit 3 or 4 times a year, and while we've noticed prices increasing, we still felt there was value in having AP's until now.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Would you be shocked if I say another 5 to 6 percent in October???
    Only 5 to 6 percent? And I assume that would be for: tickets, hotels, parking , food, merchandise and anything else that prices can be increased for ......
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time you ever heard of anything going up 25% at one time?
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, a ridiculous fee. Who else is using those "valuable" parking spaces? I hit the roof on that one. Emails up the chain...standard feedback replies. Probably would have hurt less if it wasn't actually announced as a parking fee, just an increase for resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    When I saw discussion of this on Twitter, I thought back to when APs cost less than a 10 day park hopping ticket, had no blackout dates, free parking, plus a bunch of other little discounts all over the property. It is really out of control. I feel like they'd prefer to discontinue the concept entirely, but will continue to sell them at ridiculous prices to those who insist upon it.
    Now, it's up to about 15 days to 'break even' point and does not give you resort parking, only 'Theme Park' parking. It DOES give you MemoryMaker, which is why the 'break even' isn't higher.

10-day Park Hopper == $622.15
    MemoryMaker == $169.00 per trip (prepaid)

$622.15 + $169.00^ == $791.15
    ^Would have to make a minimum of 2 trips, adding up to 15 days or more
    Total disregards additional 5 days of ticketing, so my numbers would be too low for true comparison against Platinum Annual Pass....

Platinum Annual Pass == $1,119.00 (plus tax -- Can't get through on the WDW website right now)

$1119 / $79.15 (average cost per day of MYW + PH ticket + MemoryMaker) == 14.14 OR ~15 days.

Guaranteed, if I am getting an annual pass, I am going to spend more than 15 days in the parks!!! AND $80 / day for what you get is still well worth the price to me. HersheyPark, here in PA, is $68.95 per day, not including taxes...and doesn't have the 'repeatability' factor of any of the parks of WDW.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Just as an FYI to all....

I just went out to Sam's Club online and they are selling the Platinum Annual Pass at a substantial discount!! I put one in my shopping cart just to see what the total would be....

Cart
    Ticket Items Details Unit Price
    Qty
    Amount
    Walt Disney World - Platinum Pass Adult (Ages 10+)
    $865.99
    $865.99
    You save $29.83
    Delivery Information
    A will call certificate will be emailed to you within an hour of your purchase. Please present a printed copy with a valid photo ID at one of the sales locations listed on your certificate. Please note that all orders placed after 1:00 AM EST will be processed the following day.
    Availability: Within an hour of your purchase.

Subtotal (1 items): $865.99
    Est. savings** $29.83
    At checkout:

Order summary
    $865.99 Subtotal:
    $58.79 Taxes & fees:
    $924.78Total:
    $29.83Est. savings**:

It has come to my attention that you can purchase this and hold on to the voucher until 2030 without losing value. I still need to confirm that part before I buy in.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrte62 View Post
    Only 5 to 6 percent? And I assume that would be for: tickets, hotels, parking , food, merchandise and anything else that prices can be increased for ......
    Not sure... I am hearing passes, but I'd assume everything... IF they do a 2nd hike this year...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    When was the last time you ever heard of anything going up 25% at one time?
    Any CEO salary... But never the front line people...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

14. Likes Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Sam's website for discounted AP's, but it wasn't available. After much discussion, we've decided to cancel our August trip. (Five nights at WL.) We were planning to purchase new AP's on that trip, as our expired in May and we wanted to purchase later in the summer so that we could get a summer trip in next year. We make a trip each fall for F&W and stay at the YC for that and F&G in the spring. In addition, we try to do a week during Mardi Gras and usually stay at a moderate resort. As of now, we aren't considering any of those trips, but the Mardi Gras one. We could purchase the ridiculously priced AP's, but at this point we're disgusted.

16. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    I tried the Sam's website for discounted AP's, but it wasn't available. After much discussion, we've decided to cancel our August trip. (Five nights at WL.) We were planning to purchase new AP's on that trip, as our expired in May and we wanted to purchase later in the summer so that we could get a summer trip in next year. We make a trip each fall for F&W and stay at the YC for that and F&G in the spring. In addition, we try to do a week during Mardi Gras and usually stay at a moderate resort. As of now, we aren't considering any of those trips, but the Mardi Gras one. We could purchase the ridiculously priced AP's, but at this point we're disgusted.
    https://serviceshub.samsclub.com/pages.php?sub=wdw

Try the link above. Goes right to the ticketing page.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought APs in April and are going back in September. I won’t be renewing. We have gone once per year for the last 20 years and sometimes twice a year. I am finding it harder and harder to swallow the increases and diminished customer service. We are going to spend our next spring break at the beach!

19. Likes RunDMV, texas211, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry823 View Post
    Just bought APs in April and are going back in September. I won’t be renewing. We have gone once per year for the last 20 years and sometimes twice a year. I am finding it harder and harder to swallow the increases and diminished customer service. We are going to spend our next spring break at the beach!
    Hard to beat the beach!!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings