Quantcast Help. I'm just not excited

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help. I'm just not excited

We have a trip scheduled in November, but I'm just not excited about it any more. The kids expect me to be gung ho about it, but I honestly just want to cancel it. Help me get excited again.
    Construction everywhere
    Stressing about how to get in to see Galaxy's Edge. Just announce how you're going to do it already.
    No Wishes.
    No Illuminations.
    No Fountain of Nations.
    No Hallowishes.
    No Character Spot.
    No Club Cool.
    I'm not interested in all the latest desserts.
    I'm not interested in the skyliner.
    I don't care if they put character pictures on their buses.
    I'm not interested in couture Mickey & Minnie ears.
    . . . and the list goes on and on
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Likes eam liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man. I'm so sorry! Will you be doing anything you haven't done before? Are there any old favorites you haven't done in a long time? I know that just saying, "Don't stress about GE." is not helpful. But once you know what you need to do, everything will fall into place. Will the Christmas party be going on while you're there?
    Susanne

5. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Oh man. I'm so sorry! Will you be doing anything you haven't done before? Are there any old favorites you haven't done in a long time? I know that just saying, "Don't stress about GE." is not helpful. But once you know what you need to do, everything will fall into place. Will the Christmas party be going on while you're there?
    Yes, the Christmas party will be going on while we are there. We planned it, so we can hit the last Halloween party and the first Christmas party. We have some new things planned to try, but I am really going to miss my favorites. I was also really looking forward to tricking my daughter in law into trying the Beverly.
    No, there aren't any old favorites I haven't done in a long time. They are the reason I go back, so I do them every trip. At least I will get to ride Big Thunder with DS1 still.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney World is massive and it sounds like you are dwelling on the handful of things that have changed instead of what I'd imagine is also a long list of things you enjoy.

We miss wishes but loved Happily Ever After. Yes, Illuminations is awesome but its been awesome for 20 years, I'd be looking forward to seeing something new. Characters can still be found in a myriad of locations and while you may not be interested in new desserts, the old stand by of mickey bars are still plentiful.

I'd resolve to stop dwelling on what you find negative and re focus on what you enjoy!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

8. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. I also miss ‘my families version’ of disney world...... it was a place to go where the family could become who we used to be during the early days of magic. This is what made us love it sooo much.

10. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
    Likes texas211, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can totally understand how you feel. The last few years there have been so many changes in my personal life, parents passing away, special needs brother having to move to a group home, and losing a job! Don't feel bad coz life goes on. I was sooooo looking forward to my visit to "The World", my place to escape everyday life, even for just a week. Well with all the changes being made, I'm trying to be optimistic. This trip will be different, I will be a solo traveler, but I am looking forward to a chance to relax and just go with the flow. One of the things I have always wanted to do is visit each country in Epcot, take my time and talk to the cast members. I'm going to do my best to do that this trip. I'll be there during the Food and Wine Festival so really looking forward to that...may favorite time to visit!

12. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can relate. We used to anticipate revisiting "old friends," but also experiencing the new rides, shows, restaurants, etc. We haven't been since 2013 and the lure to go again is gone. There was less "magic" in our 2013 trip. Part of it was larger crowds than we'd experienced previously, but there was just a different feel about the world.

I hope as November approaches those Disney feelings start coming back for you.

14. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can also relate. It just isn't the same anymore. It feels like the magic is gone and they are just focused on making money. I don't like the majority of the changes and I miss some of my old favorites. It just doesn't draw me in like it used to and I don't want to plan anymore trips.

16. Thanks texas211, Cinderelley thanked for this post
    Likes texas211, eam, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its tough. A lot of old stuff has changed, the new stuff doesn't seem that great and in many cases makes things worse.

Focus on the music. Get excited, keep watching videos of the music. That's what I do. Preparing to soak in the atmosphere of what remains that you do enjoy, while you can. Taste and **** the marrow out of the next trip, b/c after that, Wdw could be as foreign as a dump like Six Flags.

The music, watching ride videos of The American Adventure, Living with the Land, Carousel of Progress, Nemo Musical, and whatever else. Resort life.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

18. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
    Likes Maleficent_vf, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While many things in Epcot are changing there are some fun surprises daily. There are surprise characters that come out a the gate in UK. We have met some rare ones. Food and Wine will be going on while you are there. There are some wonderful foods available. My daughter is culinary at Epcot. We tried some awesome food last year. Hubby and I are going from November 13 - 19th. While there are many things I will miss, especially not being able to see my daughter's picture on the wall, I am trying to find new adventures to enjoy. We shall see how it goes. I hope you can find a little excitement before you go!

20. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
    Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. It's good to know I'm not the only one and see suggestions on how you guys keep the excitement going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Thanks guys. It's good to know I'm not the only one and see suggestions on how you guys keep the excitement going.
    I dream of getting trashed at Food and Wine on Vodka lemons in France.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, in a backwards sort of way, not being excited isn't all that bad. You're anticipating that things aren't going to wow you the way they used to, or that there won't be anything to fill the spaces of the things you'll miss. This gives you an opportunity to be pleasantly surprised. And I really hope you are! I hope you have a wonderful, magical trip.
    Susanne

24. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel you there. Not really looking to visit any time in the next year or two, mainly due to all the destruction/construction.

I am 'kind of' excited for SW:GE, but is that enough to excite me for a whole trip when so much else will be 'down'? Not really.

That is why I have an Annual Pass voucher attached to my MDE account that can be activated any time between now and Dec. 31, 2030...I know that I WILL get the 'bug' and want/need to visit, but not right now.

Bite the bullet and 'take one for the kids,' then plan on staying away for a while. Use that thought to get excited about seeing some things 'for the last time'.....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

26. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: