Quantcast Military Resort Discounts 2020

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Military Resort Discounts 2020

Hi all!! Looking for input and suggestions from all of you that have booked resorts with the military discount. What resorts do you get the best deal from?? What was your favorite and why? We are planning a memorial weekend trip, May 21-26, 2020 for 3, if this helps at all :-)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We crunched some numbers, and realized that booking SOG is the best option moneywise even if we went with a value resort with 30% off, SOG is $200+ less expensive!! The resort looks beautiful and we love the fact that every room either has a patio or a balcony, and this resort is a 10 minute walk to the poly, I cannot find anything but perks and pros to staying here 😊

4. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that it is the equivalent of a deluxe resort.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Cinderelley, I have read that too! Hopefully some fellow intercoters will weigh in with their thoughts and maybe even reviews of SOG to give some insight

7. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a very nice resort and in a great location. I have heard the food is very good at the sit down spots but we have never eaten there. We have stayed there maybe 5 times and are going back in April. Rooms are large and have balcony’s that look out. Very pretty landscaping. My favorite room looked out over one of the golf courses and we could see MK fireworks from our balcony. The staff and visitors are very friendly and polite. I have found fellow visitors a lot more friendly than at other resorts ( must be the military vibes- probably lots of them have lived away from family for long periods and are used to making new friends). The rooms are large and I like the couch. It is like a suite at regular hotels. Some of the rooms have double sinks and that is great. The showers are walk in and huge. I don’t think we have ever gotten a tub. All rooms have inside hall entrances and are a lot like the luxury resorts. The lobby reminds me of a country lodge and has a huge waterfall as you enter the lobby and more outside the front entrance. A short walk to the Poly for my Kona coffee but there is also a Starbucks in the lobby. The price is great and no real downsides except I don’t like the bus system. We normally walk to Poly and take buses from there or the monorail.j

You get all the same perks as the regular Disney hotels as far as advanced dining and FP+. The only perk you don’t get is the Magical Express.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

9. Likes Yooper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion. Shades of Green is very mush on scale with deluxe resorts. Rooms are largest on property. Plenty of space. Beautiful grounds. They have their own bus system. May complain about it but having used it many times, I like it. You know exactly when the bus will arrive and everyone gets a seat. Easy to plan knowing this. Resort isn't decorated with Disney everywhere. I have always enjoyed the dining options at SOG. When I traveled with children it always felt safe. Benefit of AAFES on site. I bought purse $20 cheaper than at Magic Kingdom. I'm actually going through same issue right now. Which way will be best financial decision.
    WORK TO PAY FOR DISNEY
    2020 June SOG
    2017 MNSSHP POP
    2014 August Shades of Green
    2012 August POP
    2008 September POP
    2007 April Shades of Green
    2004 April Shades of Green
    2001 March Shades of Green
    1998 December Shades of Green
    1995 March off site

Post Thanks / Like

We find that availability is usually limited as with all Disney deals. I have used it at the Poly, Beach Club and Port Orleans French Quarter. Usually I just see what is available and choose from there because you never know what will be open when you are ready to book.
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW
    Feb 16 SSR