Quantcast any suggestions for dining in Sept

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default any suggestions for dining in Sept

I was at dl once about 5 years ago. ate at 2 places inside, one is gone I know (Campfire cookout or something that was all you can eat) and Carnation Cafe I believe w a Monte Cristo. one place downtown that wasnt great, Italian.
    any suggestions
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Carnation Cafe is a Disneyland staple (and a personal must do every trip), but they don't have the Monte Cristo there. You'll have to go to Cafe Orleans or the Blue Bayou for Disneyland's famous Monte Cristo.

Cafe Orleans is a particularly good stop if you are visiting during Halloweentime as they will traditionally have both regular and Pumpkin Mickey Beignets on their menu.

The other two 'famous' Disneyland food stops are Fried Chicken at the Plaza Inn and the Corn Dog from the Red Wagon (both on Main Street USA).

There are a lot of options (and most of them are great), what type of cuisine dining experience are you looking for?
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Carnation Cafe is a Disneyland staple (and a personal must do every trip), but they don't have the Monte Cristo there. You'll have to go to Cafe Orleans or the Blue Bayou for Disneyland's famous Monte Cristo.

Cafe Orleans is a particularly good stop if you are visiting during Halloweentime as they will traditionally have both regular and Pumpkin Mickey Beignets on their menu.

The other two 'famous' Disneyland food stops are Fried Chicken at the Plaza Inn and the Corn Dog from the Red Wagon (both on Main Street USA).

There are a lot of options (and most of them are great), what type of cuisine dining experience are you looking for?
    maybe it was Cafe Orleans I ate at last trip. Id like to eat at Blue Bayou, but heard it isnt that great other than atmosphere...I like all kinds of food, sushi, Pixxa, steak, chicken, shrimp..
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

What time of year are you going?

One thing I LOVE to get is the Creamy Corn Chowder in a bread bowl from French Market near Haunted Mansion, when it's COLD outside. I don't even normally prefer to eat outside, but something about this scenario is so inviting to me. Weather aside, I love the bread bowl options from French Market.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    What time of year are you going?

One thing I LOVE to get is the Creamy Corn Chowder in a bread bowl from French Market near Haunted Mansion, when it's COLD outside. I don't even normally prefer to eat outside, but something about this scenario is so inviting to me. Weather aside, I love the bread bowl options from French Market.
    Sept 7 this year and leaving the 11th. so it wont b that cold. just booked a place close to the parks, so anything in the parks, resorts or downtown disney area will work.
    Le brea had a sample of bread on my last visit.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    Sept 7 this year and leaving the 11th. so it wont b that cold. just booked a place close to the parks, so anything in the parks, resorts or downtown disney area will work.
    Le brea had a sample of bread on my last visit.
    You'll catch the start of Halloween Time (starts 9/6 this year) which means you'll have a lot of Seasonal Dining options.

Here's a sample in of what 2018 had to offer:

HalloweenTime 2018 Offering A Bounty of Boo-tiful Brews and Bites

HalloweenTime 2018 Is Serving a Slew Spooky Sweets to Satisfy Any Sweet Tooth

It's No Trick, Disneyland is Treating You with 9 New Churros for HalloweenTime

2018 Halloweentime Popcorn Buckets: Popular Returns & New Debuts
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

works for me, thanks.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Bayou, Wine Country Trattoria for the World of Color dining package (and get a seat on the patio for when the parade is running - great view . . . no crowds) and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen are my favorites at Disneyland.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Blue Bayou, Wine Country Trattoria for the World of Color dining package (and get a seat on the patio for when the parade is running - great view . . . no crowds) and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen are my favorites at Disneyland.
    thank you. any food recommendations at those spots
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    thank you. any food recommendations at those spots
    Bear in mind that my diet is pretty limited, so I haven't tried a lot of stuff like seafood or pasta or anything.
    At Ralph Brennan's, I love the filet mignon. This is my go to restaurant at Downtown Disney. I usually book it for our arrival night. If you time it right and eat outside, you can see some of the fireworks. I like looking at all the decorations on the inside, and they also have live music sometimes.

At Blue Bayou (In Disneyland), I get the Ribeye. I love the atmosphere there so much that I can't even remember what the food tastes like. It is inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride near the beginning. You can see the bayou scene while you are eating and watch people float by in the boats. The number of fireflies have dwindled through the years, but you can still see them. No one I have ever taken with me has eaten anything they didn't like.

Wine Country Trattoria ( In California Adventure)- For the World of Color dining package, it is a separate prix fixe meal selection. I don't remember what they were, but I would have gotten the beef. Once again, no one has complained about any of their food choices on any of our times visiting it. The kids have tried the wine flight. One of them they enjoyed. One of them they didn't like. I don't remember which was which though.
    One thing about World of Color, there isn't any seating, so everyone stands. I'm short, so I get there early even with the dining package. If I am not right at the front near the fence, I can't see the show due to the people in front of me.

Also, I highly recommend breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. It is a character buffet meal. It has the peanut butter and jelly breakfast pizza. The character interaction is good. You get your picture taken with Chef Goofy before you go in. We always have a good time there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Bear in mind that my diet is pretty limited, so I haven't tried a lot of stuff like seafood or pasta or anything.
    At Ralph Brennan's, I love the filet mignon. This is my go to restaurant at Downtown Disney. I usually book it for our arrival night. If you time it right and eat outside, you can see some of the fireworks. I like looking at all the decorations on the inside, and they also have live music sometimes.

At Blue Bayou (In Disneyland), I get the Ribeye. I love the atmosphere there so much that I can't even remember what the food tastes like. It is inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride near the beginning. You can see the bayou scene while you are eating and watch people float by in the boats. The number of fireflies have dwindled through the years, but you can still see them. No one I have ever taken with me has eaten anything they didn't like.

Wine Country Trattoria ( In California Adventure)- For the World of Color dining package, it is a separate prix fixe meal selection. I don't remember what they were, but I would have gotten the beef. Once again, no one has complained about any of their food choices on any of our times visiting it. The kids have tried the wine flight. One of them they enjoyed. One of them they didn't like. I don't remember which was which though.
    One thing about World of Color, there isn't any seating, so everyone stands. I'm short, so I get there early even with the dining package. If I am not right at the front near the fence, I can't see the show due to the people in front of me.

Also, I highly recommend breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. It is a character buffet meal. It has the peanut butter and jelly breakfast pizza. The character interaction is good. You get your picture taken with Chef Goofy before you go in. We always have a good time there.
    thanks.
    i remember standing waiting for world of color. Ive heard various things about Blue Bayou but am sure Id like the atmosphere. maybe I will try Ralph brennans.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

The Bayou and New Orleans dining is the only acceptable dining at DL as far as I'm concerned. The carnation was totally overrated, and I felt the food was just as bad as the horrible service.

Else, head over to DCA. Dine in the cars area and then come back.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It’s been a few years since I’ve been, but I disagree with you. I feel most of the quick service places at both parks are good. I particularly like the Mexican restaurant near Big Thunder. The only place that I feel is bad is the Asian restaurant at the Pacific Wharf in DCA.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you. 5 weeks from next Saturday I arrive and will have 4 nights to find places to eat. of course i like eating in or near the parks instead of the same things I can get elsewhere
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

thank you. 5 weeks from next Saturday I arrive and will have 4 nights to find places to eat. of course i like eating in or near the parks instead of the same things I can get elsewhere
    Leave the parks, and head to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Get the spicy chicken! Yum.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to give us a trip report when you get back.

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to remember
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3