Quantcast Coronado Springs December stay

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Coronado Springs December stay

We'll be staying at Coronado Springs for the first time in December. We are booked in standard rooms - 9 adults which include our 5 adult children, a son-in-law and another friend. What can you tell me about this resort. We had reservations at Caribbean Beach Resort, but when free dining was offered, our agent had to change us to Coronado Springs. I'm excited to try a new resort, and thrilled we got free dining, just curious about it. Pros? Cons? Suggestions?

TIA
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, stay on the last outer area, by Bus stop 4. You'll get off before heading to the big house, and get loaded before heading to the lobby which will be jam packed.

Fastfood stand on the pool island is open for breakfast too!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed there many times. We like to be in the Casitas. Close to El Centro for quick service meals. Usually the first bus stop to be picked up and dropped off. There is a quiet pool. The walk to the Dig Site is not bad with the addition of the pathways over the lake. We were not able to try the new restaurant Three Bridges Bar and Grill. But it looked like a nice place to relax, have a cocktail and grab dinner. We are looking forward to eating there on our next trip. The tower just recently opened so I know there have been some changes. I hope you enjoy your stay there!

Post Thanks / Like

This is our new favorite moderate resort. We opted for this place because of the prolonged CBR construction. We are staying there this November again for 10 days and are really looking forward to the new tower rooms as well as the new dining options. The existing sportsbar restaurant, Rix I believe it is called, is nothing to write home about. The food is pretty bad. However, the steakhouse is pretty good and the food court is on-par with any other resort we tried. The resort is very quiet and bus service wasn't bad at all. I never had to let a bus pass either coming or going to the parks because of it being full. I know the main pool was being taken down last year for a much needed prolonged repair. Not sure if that is done or not, but there are smaller pools to use.
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4 View Post
    This is our new favorite moderate resort. We opted for this place because of the prolonged CBR construction. We are staying there this November again for 10 days and are really looking forward to the new tower rooms as well as the new dining options. The existing sportsbar restaurant, Rix I believe it is called, is nothing to write home about. The food is pretty bad. However, the steakhouse is pretty good and the food court is on-par with any other resort we tried. The resort is very quiet and bus service wasn't bad at all. I never had to let a bus pass either coming or going to the parks because of it being full. I know the main pool was being taken down last year for a much needed prolonged repair. Not sure if that is done or not, but there are smaller pools to use.
    The smaller pools are the way to go! Being that I've from Tx, the food is especially lackluster. But for those of us from north of the mason dixon, will probably find it okay.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    The smaller pools are the way to go! Being that I've from Tx, the food is especially lackluster. But for those of us from north of the mason dixon, will probably find it okay.
    I was in Dallas for a couple days for a work conference back in April. Had a chance as I was walking around on my own to try the Pecan Lodge, one of Guy Fieire's DDD picks. Oh man that was some good BBQ!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I was in Dallas for a couple days for a work conference back in April. Had a chance as I was walking around on my own to try the Pecan Lodge, one of Guy Fieire's DDD picks. Oh man that was some good BBQ!
    Yeah good stuff. One of my favorite places around here is Rudy's. Just greatness, and I'll fight anyone that says otherwise.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from CS and enjoyed it. We were in the Casitas 4 building and the walk to El Centro and the Dig site were not bad at all. The rooms are nice- looks like they have recently been renovated. The bathrooms are great with double sink and lots of storage. Overall we liked it and would stay there again. The food court was busy but they seemed pretty efficient and the food was good. We ate at the Maya Grill and enjoyed it. The dig site pool was crowded, but my kids enjoyed the water slide and the pool bar was great. Very convenient. I really liked where our room was. It seemed to be in the middle of everything and we enjoyed the short walk to get to the pool and food court. We wanted to make it over to the Dahlia lounge at the top of the new tower but ran out of time. The lobby and downstairs bar were really nice. Hope you enjoy your stay!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

10. Likes texas211 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: