Quantcast D23: What Do Yuo Want to Hear?
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default D23: What Do Yuo Want to Hear?

    So, D23 is in a few weeks... What does everyone want to be announced??? What do you think they will announce???

    We will get plenty of Epcot news, more about the entrance redesign, more about Future World's make over (and maybe new name???)

    They may announce Brazil finally... If they do, don't expect an attraction with this pavilion... Not yet anyway... Let's just be happy we may get another country LOL...

    I suspect we'll get a refresher on Galaxy's Edge... Maybe information on Mickeys Runaway Rail ion DHS, since we haven't really gotten much info on it...

    I'm not expecting anything for DAK or MK, and I don't expect much in regards to 50th information yet...

    This D23 will be Epcot heavy I believe....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What do I want to be announced?
    That they decided to get rid of Fastpass +, they realized they screwed up with raising prices by 25% and only making Galaxy's Edge a large retail outlet for Star Wars stuff.

    What do I think they will announce?
    More things that really won't fit with me and will reaffirm my belief that it is time to vacation elsewhere.

    :P
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  4. Thanks texas211 thanked for this post
    Likes texas211 liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    What do I want to be announced?
    That they decided to get rid of Fastpass +, they realized they screwed up with raising prices by 25% and only making Galaxy's Edge a large retail outlet for Star Wars stuff.

    What do I think they will announce?
    More things that really won't fit with me and will reaffirm my belief that it is time to vacation elsewhere.

    :P
    Yeap.

    I'd like to hear they've brought Walt back to life and will be taking the reigns.

    That aside, I'm w/ Cindy..
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  6. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    What do I want to be announced?
    That they decided to get rid of Fastpass +, they realized they screwed up with raising prices by 25% and only making Galaxy's Edge a large retail outlet for Star Wars stuff.

    What do I think they will announce?
    More things that really won't fit with me and will reaffirm my belief that it is time to vacation elsewhere.

    :P
    Yee of little faith LOL...

    I am really only thinking we getting Epcot announcements and a few smaller things resort wide..

    BUT... could a 5th park be on the announcement table???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  8. Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Yee of little faith LOL...

    I am really only thinking we getting Epcot announcements and a few smaller things resort wide..

    BUT... could a 5th park be on the announcement table???

    More Marvel or SW!! yeahhh....not
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  10. Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
  11. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    More Marvel or SW!! yeahhh....not

    Would they do a 5th park with Star Wars before they have even completed Galaxy's Edge? Wouldn't they have to do legal loopholes in order to use the Marvel characters in Florida?

    Even if they opened a 5th gate, I don't think it would be enough to get me excited enough to go back more often. For me, the problem is the system, and the fact that they keep raising the prices so much. It's like they think they are too good for the average Joe.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  12. Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Did they rebadge everything frozen a few years ago?
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  14. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Yee of little faith LOL...
    Yes, this is me. I had a lot of hope for the new stuff but have found it to be pretty disappointing. That would have been ok if I still had all the old stuff I loved. They are taking that away also though.
    I understand that there will be people visiting for the first time who will love all the new stuff or there will be returning guests who are glad that the things they thought were stale are gone. That just isn't how my brain works.

    Could you imagine if you walked into Fantasyland and all it had was two rides and a bunch of retail shopping? What if Tomorrowland was only Space Mountain and Monsters Inc?

    I don't mind paying extra for quality, but I don't think this is Disney quality any more. I don't think anything they will make in the future will be Disney quality either. The company needs another Renaissance.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  15. Likes texas211 liked this post
  16. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Yee of little faith LOL...

    I am really only thinking we getting Epcot announcements and a few smaller things resort wide..

    BUT... could a 5th park be on the announcement table???
    Have you heard any internal rumors about a 5th park? I know a lot of fans have speculated on what they would want, but that has always been (as far as I know) unsubstantiated, wishful thinking. With the need to fix the parks they have, I have never given it much thought. However, now they seem to have put some work into or have substantiated plans for the other parks.

    Based upon the current crowd levels at the current parks, another gate would be welcomed. I can't imagine how they would staff it and it probably would not be open for another 10 years (at the rate they seem to do construction), but it is nice to think about.

  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Yes, this is me. I had a lot of hope for the new stuff but have found it to be pretty disappointing. That would have been ok if I still had all the old stuff I loved. They are taking that away also though.
    I understand that there will be people visiting for the first time who will love all the new stuff or there will be returning guests who are glad that the things they thought were stale are gone. That just isn't how my brain works.

    Could you imagine if you walked into Fantasyland and all it had was two rides and a bunch of retail shopping? What if Tomorrowland was only Space Mountain and Monsters Inc?

    I don't mind paying extra for quality, but I don't think this is Disney quality any more. I don't think anything they will make in the future will be Disney quality either. The company needs another Renaissance.
    I agree with much of what you are saying. Although, I will say that I have liked some of the new stuff they have done. I think Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog, and the Frozen Ride are all really well done. The River Journey ride is enjoyable, except it is way too short. This is typical of Disney of late. Only adding 2 rides to a new land, shortening ride concepts, changing a ride rather than building new, etc.... It seems like the ability to do things well is still there, but the efforts often fall short because of their business model.

  18. Likes texas211, PopPhan liked this post
  19. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    Have you heard any internal rumors about a 5th park? I know a lot of fans have speculated on what they would want, but that has always been (as far as I know) unsubstantiated, wishful thinking. With the need to fix the parks they have, I have never given it much thought. However, now they seem to have put some work into or have substantiated plans for the other parks.

    Based upon the current crowd levels at the current parks, another gate would be welcomed. I can't imagine how they would staff it and it probably would not be open for another 10 years (at the rate they seem to do construction), but it is nice to think about.
    Nope, nothing concrete on a 5th park...

    Disney is supposed to have a special major announcement on August 22nd and this announcement will lead to a 1 hour presentation on the 23rd or 24th... This led to speculation of a 5th gate since Universal just announced their 3rd or 4th depends if you consider Volcano Bay a theme park.. Universal does so to them Epic Universe is their 4th park...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  20. Thanks Park Hopper thanked for this post
  21. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The carrot on a stick routine gets old, just make the announcement.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "My ability to do more work is infinite, as long as you allow quality to approach zero." - Dilbert

  22. Likes DizneyFreak2002, texas211 liked this post
  23. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Yes, this is me. I had a lot of hope for the new stuff but have found it to be pretty disappointing. That would have been ok if I still had all the old stuff I loved. They are taking that away also though.
    I understand that there will be people visiting for the first time who will love all the new stuff or there will be returning guests who are glad that the things they thought were stale are gone. That just isn't how my brain works.

    Could you imagine if you walked into Fantasyland and all it had was two rides and a bunch of retail shopping? What if Tomorrowland was only Space Mountain and Monsters Inc?

    I don't mind paying extra for quality, but I don't think this is Disney quality any more. I don't think anything they will make in the future will be Disney quality either. The company needs another Renaissance.
    I get it completely... and under Chapek, all WDW is becoming is a collection of IP tossed anywhere they want... Theme has gone out the window...

    Tron in Tomorrowland??? Monsters in Tomorrowland??? Tomorrowland has lost its theme... Time to move on from a space port, which it no longer is... Just now call it Sci Fi land... cause there is nothing "space" about it anymore...

    Think about it... Tron has nothing to do with space... Neither does CoP or Monsters Inc Laugh Floor... And Tomorrowland Speedway???? That attraction doesn't even fit into anything sci fi...

    But, things are changing at Disney... They are too focused on IP... and they will squeeze IP into every last corner of the parks even if that IP does not belong...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  24. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    The carrot on a stick routine gets old, just make the announcement.
    Yep, it gets silly making an announcement that they will be making an announcement... But Universal made headlines and Disney wanted to make sure they weren't left out...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  25. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Yep, it gets silly making an announcement that they will be making an announcement... But Universal made headlines and Disney wanted to make sure they weren't left out...
    I'm very excited about Universal's announcement. Disney would be hard pressed to make me look their way again for a long time.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  26. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I'm very excited about Universal's announcement. Disney would be hard pressed to make me look their way again for a long time.
    Dilly Dilly!
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  27. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's what I think we can expect:

    1) Information on the spine redo for Epcot, including Future World being cut up and divided into three lands, new character meet and greet building, festival center pavilion with rooftop wine bar,
    2) Name of the Guardians roller coaster, make over of MouseGear, replacement for Electric Umbrella, and yes, in fact, a beer garden, relocation of Starbucks, and Club Cool
    3) Name of space themed restaurant
    4) Spaceship Earth closure and refurb information
    5) Info regarding new Epcot night time show
    6) Information about the Canada and China movies
    7) Carousel coming to UK pavilion, themed to Mary Poppins
    8) Information regarding the Star Wars hotel including what the experience is supposed to be like and price ($3300 per day a person)
    9) Cruise line addition and new port


    Possibles:

    1) Cirque du Soliel repalcement
    2) Addition for Blizzard Beach

    Surprise announcement comes on Thursday and will be features in a 1 hour presentation at D23... Will be consumer facing, and doesn't seem to be the new port and cruise after all... Something for consumer and the fans... Some sort of rewards program???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  28. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Here's what I think we can expect:

    Surprise announcement comes on Thursday and will be features in a 1 hour presentation at D23... Will be consumer facing, and doesn't seem to be the new port and cruise after all... Something for consumer and the fans... Some sort of rewards program???
    Oh, now that they aren't raking in the new people like they expected, they want to come crying back to the people who have supported them for so long?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  29. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Nope, nothing concrete on a 5th park...

    Disney is supposed to have a special major announcement on August 22nd and this announcement will lead to a 1 hour presentation on the 23rd or 24th... This led to speculation of a 5th gate since Universal just announced their 3rd or 4th depends if you consider Volcano Bay a theme park.. Universal does so to them Epic Universe is their 4th park...
    If speculation is allowed....I would think that this announcement may have more to do with the 50th anniversary of Magic Kingdom/WDW than anything else. Festivities should begin somewhere in the 4th quarter (calendar) next year and they should begin ramping up the promotion(s) very shortly.

    IF they were to address a 5th park, I would expect nothing physical to begin until after the current spate of work is complete, or nearly complete.
    -Bud

    Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18 - PC
    5/15 - POR

    Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

    Next up: ????

  30. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
  31. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I get it completely... and under Chapek, all WDW is becoming is a collection of IP tossed anywhere they want... Theme has gone out the window...

    Tron in Tomorrowland??? Monsters in Tomorrowland??? Tomorrowland has lost its theme... Time to move on from a space port, which it no longer is... Just now call it Sci Fi land... cause there is nothing "space" about it anymore...

    Think about it... Tron has nothing to do with space... Neither does CoP or Monsters Inc Laugh Floor... And Tomorrowland Speedway???? That attraction doesn't even fit into anything sci fi...

    But, things are changing at Disney... They are too focused on IP... and they will squeeze IP into every last corner of the parks even if that IP does not belong...
    No offense, but why does Tomorrowland have to be space related? At the time it was built, space was new and different, but it is 'old hat' now. Tron fits into Tomorrowland as it is 'futuristic.' Monsters Inc., not so much. I believe that was thrown in just to make use of an empty building and to 'eat' visitors.

    Stitch did not fit Tomorrowland either, but the same reasoning exists for that as Monsters Inc. A building that was going to be empty (too many 'complaints' about ExtraTerror-estrial Alien Encounter) needed to be filled. "We can keep the 'alien' part by using Stitch and re-theme the majority of the attraction!"

    Too much "Ready, Fire, Aim" going on with Disney Parks right now.
    -Bud

    Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18 - PC
    5/15 - POR

    Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

    Next up: ????

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site