Quantcast Epcot Makeover Rumours, An Overview...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot Makeover Rumours, An Overview...

Since we expect Disney to give full details of the Epcot makeover (mostly the make over of Future World), I figure now would be a good time to detail what is known so far and what is rumored, so we all have a little better understanding of what may be coming...

Let's start with the entrance... We all saw the concept art... Leave is Legacy is gone... and the monolith should be coming back... Otherwise, the pathways are widened, and more trees and flower beds are added... Should really spruce up the look of the entrance...

Now, let's tackle the inside of the park...

Standing in front of Spaceship Earth, facing the Lagoon:

The employee lounge and Project Tomorrow building coming from the exit of Spaceship Earth is rumored to be going away... Demolished... Turned into rubble... The current queue will be moved toward where the current exit is, with entering the vehicles moving too... This is supposed to be part of the 2 year refurb of the attraction... No word if the ride will be tied to IP or stay original...

Still facing the lagoon, to the right is Innoventions West... Those buildings are going to be torn down... Starbucks, Club Cool, Art of Disney, all gone... Living Seas stays... In front of Living Seas will be a Moana water feature... Not sure if a fountain or not, but it should be themed to Moana... A pathway though or by the water feature will lead right to Seas, and will be where the current Art of Disney store is...

Between Living Seas and The Land, right behind the current Innoventions building will be a meet and greet... and the new Starbucks going next to the meet and greet... In front of these two new areas/buildings, where the current entrance is, will be the new entrance to Epcot West... Or at least one of, and should be covered...

Continuing further, right before we reach Imagination, a festival center will be constructed, replacing the rest of the old Innovention building... And behind the center will be Imagination...

Moving over to Epcot East... Electric Umbrella should remain standing but remodeled into a new quick service dining area... Mousegear is also closing to be remodeled... Unsure if the walkway into Epcot East will remain or be demolished and reconstructed...

Of course, in Epcot East we have Guardians replacing Ellen's Energy Adventure at Universe of Energy... Wonders of Life is being replaced with an IP driven play pavilion, no word on all the IPs yet, or the official name of the pavilion... Mission Space will stay and receive a space themed restaurant attached to the building... The space restaurant does not have an official name yet and is in the middle of being built, and should be opened later this year... The restaurant will not have any windows, instead the dining area will be circled by a large screen showing scenes of outer space...

The spine of Future World is getting completely remade... Say bye to Fountains of Nations and hello to a beer garden??? That's the current rumor, though several people say there is no way a beer garden is coming... We'll see... In front of Spaceship Earth, where the large building used to be, well, it will just be garden area... adding to the greening of Epcot's Future World...

Well, that's it for now... Next we'll tackle World Showcase...

Oh, one more for the rumor mill.... Future World getting a name change to.... Um, Epcot Center... But take that one with a grain of salt... I doubt this rumor is true...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the Seven Duffs going to do a meet and greet at the beer garden?
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

4. Thanks texas211 thanked for this post
    Likes texas211, DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am excited about the changes in Epcot, it was due for a face lift. But I am really upset they are destroying the Fountain of Nations. It is almost as iconic as Spaceship Earth. I will especially miss watching the fountain lights "dance" to the music in the evening.

6. Thanks Tekneek thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Disney does own the Simpsons now so... lol

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleen3162 View Post
    I am excited about the changes in Epcot, it was due for a face lift. But I am really upset they are destroying the Fountain of Nations. It is almost as iconic as Spaceship Earth. I will especially miss watching the fountain lights "dance" to the music in the evening.
    THere is no room for nostalgia at disney. Only new IP related material.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Lol. This is the only thing that made me smile in this whole thread.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel I need to make sure I remind everyone, though I know you all know this.... Mostly everything here is rumor... Just guess work based on what has been released by Disney and what has been floating out there in the universe, based on insider hints... Until Disney announces anything, and even then, until things are built, take everything as a rumor...

Post Thanks / Like

Let's add some World Showcase discussion, shall we??

So, what do we know??? We know O' Canada is getting a new circlevision movie... We also know China is getting a new movie too... Haven't heard who would be the hosts or narrators of the new films... or if the iconic theme songs will stay... Would it be a shock if Mulan hosts the new movie in China??? As long as it is done tastefully, I don't mind... We also know Ratatouille is coming to France pavilion, along with a few new shops and restaurant in the new pathway area leading to the ride entrance... Beauty and the Beast gets a sing-a-long in the Impressions de France theater, and rumor is Impressions is getting an updated movie as well... Japan just received a new sit down restaurant, and American Adventure is getting a new quick serve upgraded restaurant... But what about the rest of the World??? Let's take a tour....

Mexico: La Hacienda has been receiving new paint coatings... There has also been rumors of a Coco attraction replacing Gran Fiesta Tour... but Coco has seemed to be cancelled... Best we can hope for, for the time being, is the puppet show on the walk way and the few displays in the lobby of the pavilion...

Norway: Nothing here either... Norway received the Frozen attraction and meet and greet building for Anna and Elsa... The bakery also received a refurb.... Nothing much else going on here...

China: Already mentioned the new Reflections of China film... And some upgrades and refurbs on the merchandise store... Otherwise, no other news or rumors about this pavilion...

Refreshment Outpost: What is their version of some sort of African outpost... This is the area of a rumored new country pavilion... Rumors were India and Brazil splitting this plot... Newest rumor is Disney adding Wakanda there... I don't buy this rumor as I am not sure anything from Black Panther can be used in WDW... Deals can always be struck however, so who knows??? But Wakanda is a fake country in Africa... Wouldn't fit... Not at all... But we know Disney doesn't care about theme anymore... they are all about squeezing IP into areas IP doesn't fit... Oh and more about Brazil later...

Germany: No rumors about Germany...

Italy: Same, no rumors...

American Adventure: We already detailed about the upcoming changes to American Adventure above... I'm looking forward to the new BBQ quick serve...

Japan: Already opened their new restaurant... Nothing else rumored, yet... Though there were whispering of Disney looking to possibly add some sort of attraction here... Wouldn't hold my breath on that one...

Morocco: No rumors...

France: Everything coming to France has been detailed above...

United Kingdom: Rumors of a flat ride still abound... Was rumored to be a carousel themed to Mary Poppins... Winnie the Pooh is rumored to be getting a new meet and greet here too... Mary Poppins was also rumored to receive a new dedicated meet and greet space... We'll have to see what is finally decided on...

Canada: As mentioned above, new O'Canada film coming...

Ok, so about Brazil... Rumors are Brazil will be announced soon... A few D23's ago, Brazil was ready to be announced, then something behind the scenes happened, and well, it wasn't... Brazil, if coming, may not have an attraction, at least at first... Are we getting a Brazil announcement this year??? Who knows... It isn't something I would be waiting to hear, or expect... And if it is announced, then be happy for another pavilion... Until then, it is all speculation and rumors... But fun to talk about!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. It would be nice to get a new pavilion.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all... wanted to give a little update...

I posted above that rumors are Fountain of Nations will be replaced with a beer garden... That seems to be a point of discussion among people.... Some saying there will be a beer garden, others are saying nope... No beer garden, that some fountain feature will in fact be placed there, but the size and scope of said fountain is unknown...

D23 coming soon... Can't wait to hear what is coming for Epcot...

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the movie redoes, they add seats. Who wants to stand up at Disney to watch a movie.

Why put in an African outpost? Its called Animal Kingdom. So I don't see a need for that. If they want Wakanda, take out the dinosaur and carnival nonsense. Definitely no Brazil.

While I'd love to see more attractions in WS, I don't want it all to be Marvel/SW twisted. I don't want to see Hogun's Asgardian Adventure in Japan, or the Red Skull attack in Germany, etc.

I hope they don't do anything w/ the boats.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I hope the movie redoes, they add seats. Who wants to stand up at Disney to watch a movie.

Why put in an African outpost? Its called Animal Kingdom. So I don't see a need for that. If they want Wakanda, take out the dinosaur and carnival nonsense. Definitely no Brazil.

While I'd love to see more attractions in WS, I don't want it all to be Marvel/SW twisted. I don't want to see Hogun's Asgardian Adventure in Japan, or the Red Skull attack in Germany, etc.

From what I understand, they aren't adding seats to Canada or China... Both will be that 360 Circlevision still and will require standing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

Lol. They should hire you for entertainment ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Like the idea of replacing the entrance Leave a legacy thingys with plants etc. Always found those concretey things ugly, uninviting and hard to walk around in a crowd. I hope the fountain stays, caught the music show one time by accident as walking past and enjoyed it. Also agree about keeping IP to a minimum in World Showcase, the countries should speak for themselves with their own culture and entertainment IMO. We especially like the Japanese drummers and watched them 2 or 3 times on our last trip.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

a beer fountain sounds good to me...
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

19. Likes texas211, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that the refubs will be positive for Epcot, but unfortunately, I have a feeling they will involve more bars and alcohol that will only further dampen Epcot's once amazing atmosphere.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

21. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    I hope that the refubs will be positive for Epcot, but unfortunately, I have a feeling they will involve more bars and alcohol that will only further dampen Epcot's once amazing atmosphere.
    Fun fact... Take away Flower/Garden, Food and Wine, and the Art festival... Epcot's attendance is the worst in all four WDW parks... Truth is Epcot is dead... The festivals are the only things keeping Epcot afloat... This maker over is badly needed and still isn't enough... They needed to do something to entice people into the park

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Fun fact... Take away Flower/Garden, Food and Wine, and the Art festival... Epcot's attendance is the worst in all four WDW parks... Truth is Epcot is dead... The festivals are the only things keeping Epcot afloat... This maker over is badly needed and still isn't enough... They needed to do something to entice people into the park
    The Festivals are the reason my kids like Epcot. Personally, I just like wandering around and look at all the detail in the countries. I also like doing that at Animal Kingdom. I'm sure I'm in the minority for that though.

24. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    The Festivals are the reason my kids like Epcot. Personally, I just like wandering around and look at all the detail in the countries. I also like doing that at Animal Kingdom. I'm sure I'm in the minority for that though.
    I love walking around World Showcase... Future World is a giant mess... A mess of Disney's doing... Glad they are trying to fix it, just not sure they are fixing it the way I would... But, I am going to reserve judgment for when Future World, or what ever that land will eventually be called, is done...

26. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Epcot, should be called IPcot. Its what it'll be. No imagination, just creatively putting IP out.

No seats in the movies? What crackhead thinks that is ok?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings