Quantcast November trip cancelled, and I'm excited.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default November trip cancelled, and I'm excited.

We had a trip to Disney World planned for the beginning of November. To help with my Disney withdrawals, my roommate bought me a ticket to the Haunted Mansion's 50th birthday event. It was AMAZING! I didn't expect it to be as great as it was, as our last two trips to Disneyland were less than stellar. I highly recommend it if you have the opportunity to go.

It started with a phone call from my sister. "Hey, Dad wants to come out to San Diego. If I rent a car, will you drive him out here?" (My dad is 80 and lives in Tucson, Arizona.) Then she said the magic words "we could go to Disneyland for a day."

Ironically enough, I had started entertaining the idea of taking my dad to Disneyland a few days before that phone call. For the last couple of years, I had began suspecting that our trips to Disneyland during my childhood were really due to my father. I mentioned my suspicions to my sister (she is 8 years older than I am), and she immediately said "Oh it was totally his idea."

None of us kids are close to my dad due to some stuff that happened in the past. As he gets older though, my siblings seem to want to do more with him. My older brother and his family have annual passes to Disneyland, so I ran the idea past him. He was all for it, which meant I had to tell my younger sister (couldn't have just 3 out of the 4 of us). A quick phone call, and she was in. The only time frame that worked for everyone was during my trip to Disney World, so all of those plans were cancelled.

I called my dad today to confirm the details with him. Since he gets tired out very easily (I don't see him being in the park more than an hour or two), I wanted to be sure to put the things he wanted to do first. I asked him what his favorites were. To my surprise, he could tell me all about both parks and describe the rides he liked. I didn't even know he had been to the park since DCA opened. I guess I really do get it from my dad. :P

Now we are planning a 4 generation trip to Disneyland, and I have high hopes for it after how great the Haunted Mansion event was.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Likes texas211, Laurenpetro, PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!!! Missing WDW to go to DL with family is much better!!! ENJOY!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

5. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like it could be an amazing trip for all members of your family. What a great way to close the gap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Family time to make great memories! How exciting

9. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing my excitement everyone.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: