Quantcast Disney rituals at home

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney rituals at home

Do you guys have any Disney rituals at home? I always put my perfume from Epcot on before going to work.
    If I'm dragging at work, I choose something we are doing during our vacation and imagine that the money I am earning for that hour or two is paying for that particular thing. (Sometimes that covers me for 3, 4 or 5 hours with as expensive as everything has gotten.)
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Play disney loop music a lot. We'll listen to some of it, when we go to our local zoo.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

4. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Breaking out the photo books I've made for our past Disney trips and reliving those memories. LOVE doing that! I'm still working on last year's trip actually. SO many pictures! This one may be my first multi-volume photo book.
    Susanne

6. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a ritual per se. At AK, just before you enter the park, on the right side there are restrooms. It's changed recently, but it used to smell like Fruit Loops cereal in there. It was a pleasant aroma. Every time I went in there, I'd imagine myself sitting down for breakfast with a BIG bowl of Fruit Loops. (BTW, I love to drink the milk when I'm done eating that cereal--which I haven't done in, like forever...). Anyway, when I now see a box of Fruit Loops, I think of AK.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    This isn't a ritual per se. At AK, just before you enter the park, on the right side there are restrooms. It's changed recently, but it used to smell like Fruit Loops cereal in there. It was a pleasant aroma. Every time I went in there, I'd imagine myself sitting down for breakfast with a BIG bowl of Fruit Loops. (BTW, I love to drink the milk when I'm done eating that cereal--which I haven't done in, like forever...). Anyway, when I now see a box of Fruit Loops, I think of AK.
    You better go buy some Froot Loops now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Play disney loop music a lot.
    Put me in that category... usually the Studios entrance loop, along with Hollywood Blvd, and Sunset Blvd. (the old ones though.... before the "Disney Only" updates)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaceAddict View Post
    Put me in that category... usually the Studios entrance loop, along with Hollywood Blvd, and Sunset Blvd. (the old ones though.... before the "Disney Only" updates)
    I didn't realize they had changed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Two things...........Disney music as much as possible and we also have a Disney countdown blocks that says " how many more days to DisneyWorld" and you change the blocks each day......
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDadfromPittsburgh View Post
    Two things...........Disney music as much as possible and we also have a Disney countdown blocks that says " how many more days to DisneyWorld" and you change the blocks each day......
    I have the Intercot countdown timer on my computer

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Froot Loops don't really exist in the UK (except in special import stores) but they are normally our go-to breakfast cereal when we travel to Disney. So on the odd occasion outside of WDW where I come across them they do bring in a feeling of Disney!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

14. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Walt Disney World DVD from 2001 that still lives in my car, I have heard it enough that I know exactly what song will follow on when another is finishing. Haunted Mansion is always followed by Small World which seems a funny jump! This CD is my go-to if I have a long or stressful journey as I don't really like driving.

Another tradition that started in 2001 (after our second visit) was, knowing that as another visit would invariably follow buying a large cola bottle money box - I think from Club Cool? Then whenever we decided another visit was approaching we would start putting all 50 pence coins we got into the bottle, last trip we also added in 2 pound coins. These coins are each less common than 1 pound coins and worth less than the paper notes so didn't cause any difficulty placing them in the bottle. Then when it was nearly time to go we would empty the bottle, take it to the bank and turn it into dollars. That bottle still lives at my parents' house but has had to be taped together in a few places due to carrying to many coins at times!
    Disney World Visits:

16. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
    Froot Loops don't really exist in the UK (except in special import stores) but they are normally our go-to breakfast cereal when we travel to Disney. So on the odd occasion outside of WDW where I come across them they do bring in a feeling of Disney!
    I can always ship you some when you are needing a Disney fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Another tradition that started in 2001 (after our second visit) was, knowing that as another visit would invariably follow buying a large cola bottle money box - I think from Club Cool? Then whenever we decided another visit was approaching we would start putting all 50 pence coins we got into the bottle, last trip we also added in 2 pound coins. These coins are each less common than 1 pound coins and worth less than the paper notes so didn't cause any difficulty placing them in the bottle. Then when it was nearly time to go we would empty the bottle, take it to the bank and turn it into dollars. That bottle still lives at my parents' house but has had to be taped together in a few places due to carrying to many coins at times!
    I love this idea. I'll have to find something similar to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I love this idea. I'll have to find something similar to use.
    It's a fun way to get the excitement and anticipation going early in the trip whilst normal life is going on. When I was at University I used to find ways to rig my change when I bought something so I got a 50p back, then I would come home at the weekend with a stack of 50p coins for the bottle. Every time I got one it was a step closer to Disney World.

Every few months we would then organise a count where we poured all of the coins out and added them up, then for example if it added up to $200 when we converted it to dollars we would joke that would buy us a Mickey ice cream.
    Disney World Visits:

Post Thanks / Like

It's a fun way to get the excitement and anticipation going early in the trip whilst normal life is going on. When I was at University I used to find ways to rig my change when I bought something so I got a 50p back, then I would come home at the weekend with a stack of 50p coins for the bottle. Every time I got one it was a step closer to Disney World.

Every few months we would then organise a count where we poured all of the coins out and added them up, then for example if it added up to $200 when we converted it to dollars we would joke that would buy us a Mickey ice cream.

Lol. It might get you half a mickey bar now. :P

21. Likes Giggy liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: