Quantcast Summer heat and summer treats-Day5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Summer heat and summer treats-Day5

Today is another half day ticket so relaxed in room until around 11 am then took bus to Epcot. Spaceship Earth had a huge FP+ line. Took about 10 minutes then for some reason I was distracted and forgot to hit the English speaking button. I was several minutes into the ride when I realized the narrator was speaking French. It was ok since I have been on the ride so many times.

Made my way over to The Land. FP+ for Soarin and Living with the Land. Got a kids Chinese Sweet and Sour chicken. Very good. Rode Soarin again then headed over to The Living Seas.

Started towards World Showcase. It was really hot!! Got my Illuminations merchandise which is being discounted. Started walking towards Japan, my favorite shopping spot.

Stopped to listen to a bluegrass band The Blueberry Band. They were pretty good. Talked to a man from Canada and he told me what the songs were about when they sang them in French.

There were some lovely butterflies in the English garden. As big as monarchs but not sure what they were ( not swallow tail either).

I had some requests from the shop in Japan and found some new ceramic bowls. I am getting a nice collection and at about $6 each they are a good item to collect.

Got a shaved ice and sat in shade to enjoy. They changed the cups and the ice doesn’t spill all over while you try to eat it. There were Koi fish back in the little pond, which I was glad to see. Missed them. I had asked about them a couple years ago and a cast member said when they opened the park one day all the fish were discovered dead. Hopefully whatever caused that has been corrected now.

Headed back towards France and watched movie. Checked in a little early for my dinner at Chefs de France. First time eating there except one time I went to Parisan breakfast. I had the cutest waitress. Got the French onion soup which was a meal by itself and very good. The fresh baguette and butter was really good. My entree was a flank steak with fries. It was good but I probably wouldn’t order again since the soup was so amazing. Got vanilla creme brûlée that was very good. Definitely will go back again.

Walked to Germany and got my dark chocolate caramels to take home and a bag of caramel corn. Nice snacks that last a few days after I get home.

Found a good spot for Illuminations. Talked to a family from England but they sounded Scottish. They said they lived about 90 minutes from Scotland.

Enjoyed Illuminations and exited out with the crowd. It wasn’t as big a crowd as some evenings but still took awhile. Was back in room by 10 pm and took a much needed shower.

Today is my last park day. I have an after party ticket for Animal Kingdom. Sounds like might be stormy to tonight. Hope to get in my safari and see the water show.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2. Thanks eam, faline thanked for this post
    Likes eam, magicofdisney, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One time my toddler tapped the (I think it was Chinese) option on SE. Until then, I didn't realize it was offered in other languages. I thought the words on the screen may have been language specific, but didn't know Disney also covered the dialogue with those selections.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

When I last dined at Chefs de France, I discovered I should have stopped after the onion soup which truly is a meal in and of itself!!

Very nice Epcot day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: