Ok - while I don't consider myself an expert on WDW, I do at least put myself at the intermediate level. However, with DL, the last time I was there was sometime in the '70's as a kid. We have friends in the Long Beach area and we are looking at a visit in October, in a little less than a month. I've always wanted to see the Halloween transformation of the Haunted Mansion, and of course with Star Wars GE open, am thinking a one day visit to DL will be in order. Probably won't do both parks. So I'm looking for any help or advice I can get.

Which day: We would go on a weekday. I assume it makes sense to avoid Columbus day as it is a holiday for many workers and I see they have longer hours, so my assumption is larger crowds. So, am I better of going on a day DL has early magic hours (we are not staying on property) or on a day that DCA has Oogie Boogie Bash? My thought process is, would DL be potentially more or less crowded when DCA has the ticketed event.

Tickets: Any such thing as discounted DL tickets. Looks like we are in for 1 day tix, which would be $129. I'm used to doing a 6-8 day ticket package at WDW and seeing the ticket cost, per day, well below $100. So having a bit more sticker shock than usual.

Fast Pass. Is this MaxPass worth it? Does every ticket in the party have to have it in order for them to get a fastpass by phone, or just one person in the party with all the tickets linked. I'm assuming each ticket has to pay the up charge. Otherwise, is it like the old legacy FP at MK?

Is it possible to do justice to both parks in one day using the park hopper? It would be a $250 add on for my family, just wondering if it would be too hectic to try do everything in one day for both parks. Is it easy transport from one park to the next? How does it work?

Any other tips/tricks/advice for Disney Land? (already downloaded the app)

Thanks