Quantcast Ugh! More Unbalanced Than Usual

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh! More Unbalanced Than Usual

Apologies for any errors in this post but vision SERIOUSLY unbalanced! The reason is I has right eye cataract removed on Thursday and a distance lens put in, however I need ( or did ) distance glasses AND reading glasses and now neither pair is working well. Best I can describe is blurry with ghosting. Having to use DH's stairlift as don't trust myself to make it. Hopefully it will heal well and then can get other one done and then new glasses. Can't see myself able to go back to work until all sorted as mend watches for a living!
    Just needed to post to get off my chest and feeling bleaugh
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure things are difficult with the surgery having just been completed. I can say that my dad was very happy with his cataract surgeries and just wished he had done it earlier. I'll bet you'll be feeling much better before too long!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you are off balance. I do know that my mother had a hard time adjusting after her cataract surgery but my father who needed distance glasses his entire adult life doesn't need them anymore. You may find you will no longer need glasses after you get the other eye done. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Faline and SodaPopMGK. I just don't like being inactive I guess, so used to working full-time, doing housework, going to gym and suddenly can't do anything!
    Up side is, it's only been 3 days and can already tell things much clearer in that eye, not so cloudy. Can't wait to get other eye done, new glasses ( will still need those but as worn them since I was 9 be weird not to ), and see clearly! Yipeeeee!!!
    POFQ Sept 2012

Post Thanks / Like

My husband just went thru the same thing. Last year he had his left eye lens replaced and in late August this year had a cataract removed from his right eye. He has not been able to see correctly for over a year. Four weeks out from the last surgery his got new glasses and can see everything now. Time will heal yours as well but the waiting is the hard part. Keep thinking positive thoughts and you will get thru this.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

My mother is going through the exact same thing. She had the 1st eye done on 9/18 and had major complications experiencing the collapse/shattering od the eye capsule. The second eye was done the following week without issue. She is also seriously off balance and her depth perception is quite compromised. The eye with complications still has a haze and double vision effect but the other eye is nice and clear. Colors are finally vibrant again. The doctor says that it will balance out after about 4 weeks so hang in there! Just knowing you are not the only one experiencing these issues has helped my mom. Much Pixie dust for a speedy clear vision for you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. Dr signed me off work for 3 weeks as can't see properly ( went to put liquid in washing machine drawer and poured it on floor as drawer not where I thought ). Then hopefully will have healed so can get other done. However colours viewed through operated eye are ah-mazing!! The world is not sepia, who knew?
    deedee73 - sorry to hear about your mother, sounds horrendous, hope she makes a full recovery.
    POFQ Sept 2012

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry you're dealing with that! It sounds like you're being really careful. And it's getting a little better?
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merciantinkerbell View Post
    Thanks all. Dr signed me off work for 3 weeks as can't see properly ( went to put liquid in washing machine drawer and poured it on floor as drawer not where I thought ). Then hopefully will have healed so can get other done. However colours viewed through operated eye are ah-mazing!! The world is not sepia, who knew?
    deedee73 - sorry to hear about your mother, sounds horrendous, hope she makes a full recovery.
    Thank you...every day she is doing a little better. They said to plan for a few extra weeks of healing time before everything levels out. Glad to hear those colors are popping now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The VB's - Just over a week now since op, got check-up booked for 19th - 2 weeks today - then hopefully get other done. The unbalance hasn't improved but I am more used to it! Managed 2 loads of washing without spilling the liquid this morning. Big improvement. Still won't be able to work as can't see enough detail, and things keep moving like just got off the teacups! and keep losing balance. Hey ho, I'm thinking of it as a rest. Can't wait to see WDW in full glorious technicolour!
    deedee73 - that's good news about your mother, I'm glad for your both.
    POFQ Sept 2012

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: