Quantcast Renewing our annual passes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renewing our annual passes

This is our second year as FL resident annual pass holders. We renewed our annual passes online. Do we need to go to will roll on our first day of next trip to activate our bands line we did the first year we got the annual passes?
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a great question. I've always renewed at Guest Services so I don't have an answer for you. Once you find out, please pass on the info.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I am 99% certain you will need to stop at Guest Relations (at one of the parks or Disney Springs) and have your renewed AP activated. I think you even need an ID to have it activated (although that might be just for DVC members and Florida residents to show they are in one of those appropriate groups).

A couple years ago we forgot to stop by Guest Relations for activation, went into the park, and ended up using a day on an old non-expiring pass we still have out there in MDE! Guest Relations fixed it, but it was a lesson we don't forget now!

Post Thanks / Like

We just completed our annual pass renewal today. I did the renewal on-line and received a confirmation number. That number can be entered into My Disney Experience so you can make fastpasses etc. Still, you do need to go to guest relations or to one of the ticket booths to complete the renewal. We were in Disney Springs today so went to the Disney Ticket Center (They separated the ticket sales/renewals out of the Guest Relations building within the last year). We were in and out within five minutes. We needed to supply our confirmation number information, our drivers' licenses, our existing annual passholder card, and our DVC card (because we are DVC members). We were provided with new annual pass cards. As soon as we enter those number into My Disney Experience, we should be all set with our bands, etc. Hope this helps!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Weird, I renewed mine online last Friday I think it was, and my status shows me good through October 2020. Didn't have to go to guest relations or one of the physical ticket booths or anything. I've made Fast Passes for time-frames only covered by the 'new' ticket so it's active on my account.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Weird, I renewed mine online last Friday I think it was, and my status shows me good through October 2020. Didn't have to go to guest relations or one of the physical ticket booths or anything. I've made Fast Passes for time-frames only covered by the 'new' ticket so it's active on my account.
    Yes, but it's not active to get you into the parks yet. It's might be listed as a certificate - valid for fast passes. But to go into the park, you'll need to have it activated.

Post Thanks / Like

Since there was some uncertainty about whether I'd have to go to a booth to activate the new pass or re-verify my Florida residency status I just thought I'd update...

Old pass expired October 29th and I renewed online back in early October. Went into Epcot yesterday (11/3) and went straight through the turnstiles, did not have to go to a ticket booth to have the new pass activated or have my residency verified or anything like that. I don't know if they verify through my credit card billing address or what but just thought it was worth mentioning.

9. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Since there was some uncertainty about whether I'd have to go to a booth to activate the new pass or re-verify my Florida residency status I just thought I'd update...

Old pass expired October 29th and I renewed online back in early October. Went into Epcot yesterday (11/3) and went straight through the turnstiles, did not have to go to a ticket booth to have the new pass activated or have my residency verified or anything like that. I don't know if they verify through my credit card billing address or what but just thought it was worth mentioning.
    That's our experience. We renewed. We used the same band and card (I dont like the band). Everything worked like it did the previous month.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to get your new Disney Annual Passholder Plastic Card. This is used for your free parking, and your discount while shopping. I got mine at the ticket booth at EPCOT, took a few minutes. The plastic card has a valid until date, and you can potentially have problems at the gate without a new card.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    You need to get your new Disney Annual Passholder Plastic Card. This is used for your free parking, and your discount while shopping. I got mine at the ticket booth at EPCOT, took a few minutes. The plastic card has a valid until date, and you can potentially have problems at the gate without a new card.
    You don't need the card for parking. They just scan your band and look at your ID. I've been an AP since 2011, go to the park about once a week and since they implemented magic bands I've never been asked to show the card.

Maybe for the AP discounts you need it at some places? At the Chocolate experience food and wine location they had an AP discount and I just pulled up my AP on my phone and showed that and they gave me the discount.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: