Quantcast ADRs/Split Stays

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ADRs/Split Stays

Is this correct? We have a split stay scheduled at the same resort, staying 2 days in a studio and then 5 in a 1BR. Our 180 day mark for the studio was today and when I went online to book reservations for our trip, I was only allowed to book the first two days. The additional days are not allowed until the second reservation 180 day mark?

Someone online on the WDW Chat stated that for ADR reservations you can't combine the stays to book all at once, but for FPs you will be able to do them all as if it was one reservation and not a split stay.

I don't understand the difference, and I asked but they didn't answer. Maybe someone here can explain?

BWV & HH

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to be honest, how this works from reservation to reservation has seemed inconsistent for us. I've been told that if you have a split reservation, with consecutive days, in the same room type, it can be viewed as a single reservation for ADRs and FPs. It seems to recognize that situation sometimes, but not always. You have a studio reservation followed by a 1BR (not the same "type"). I would recommend you call DVC Member Services and see if they can get them linked so you can make the rest of your ADRs - and improve your chances of getting all your FPs 60 days out.

4. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It had been this way for quite awhile now. From a systems perspective, it's logical. From a guest perspective, not so much. ADRs can be booked 180 ahead. This applies to everyone - whether you're staying on property or not. If you have a Disney resort reservation then you can make ADRs for either the remainder of THAT RESERVATION, or 10 days - whichever is shorter. Since a "split stay" is, from Disney's perspective, two separate reservations (even if the resort has "linked" them) the system only allows you to reserve for those first 2 days. The other days will open up 180 days from the second reservation.

For fastpasses, having a resort reservation is NOT the driving factor - having a valid ticket is the driver. In this case, the system only sees the resort reservation as an indicator of when the fast pass window opens. Once open, the length of time it's open is dependent on the ticket, not on the resort reservation. Consequently, for fast passes, a split stay becomes irrelevant.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

6. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I called this morning and DVC Member Services said for DVC members there is a "work around" for this situation and they implemented it because they regularly have split stays and the system won't recognize it. She had to contact Dining to get a special number and she made the reservations I needed over the phone.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    For fastpasses, having a resort reservation is NOT the driving factor - having a valid ticket is the driver. In this case, the system only sees the resort reservation as an indicator of when the fast pass window opens. Once open, the length of time it's open is dependent on the ticket, not on the resort reservation. Consequently, for fast passes, a split stay becomes irrelevant.

Steve

Actually, I don't think that's completely accurate. Fast-passes are very much based on a resort reservation. With a resort reservation, you can make FPs at 60 days out, and can make them for your entire stay. Without a resort reservation, you can only make FPs at 30 days, and have to make them one day at a time. You absolutely need to have enough days on a linked pass, as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    I called this morning and DVC Member Services said for DVC members there is a "work around" for this situation and they implemented it because they regularly have split stays and the system won't recognize it. She had to contact Dining to get a special number and she made the reservations I needed over the phone.
    VERY glad the phone call worked out. It might have worked out fine waiting another day, but now you have your ADRs and don't need to worry about it.

10. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Actually, I don't think that's completely accurate. Fast-passes are very much based on a resort reservation. With a resort reservation, you can make FPs at 60 days out, and can make them for your entire stay. Without a resort reservation, you can only make FPs at 30 days, and have to make them one day at a time. You absolutely need to have enough days on a linked pass, as well.
    We're saying the same thing. Yes, the resort reservation is necessary to open the 60day FP window, but that's all it does. The resort reservation does not control how many days you can make FPs - that is controlled by your ticket. ADRs more than 180 out, though, are totally limited to the length of the resort reservation that opened the 180 day window. ADRs don't carry over across split stays because those stays are multiple reservations.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a 5-night stay at a Disney resort and a 7-day pass linked to your MDE, you can make FPs at the 60-day mark for 6 days - your arrival day through departure day (6 days/5 nights). The fact that you have a 7-day pass doesn't give you an extra FP day at the 60-day mark - you can get a max of 6 days during the early window.

It really depends on both. If you have a 5-night stay and a 3-day pass, you can only make 3 days of FPs, but you can make them at the 60-day mark for any 3 of the 6 days of your stay. You might decide to make them Day 1, Day 4, and Day 6 of your resort stay.

As for the 'split stay' issue, when we've had a split reservation with consecutive days, but different resorts - there are times the FPs come up for us for the entire stay and times when they don't. I have read in places, however, that one of the reasons the split stays are looked at differently is because it could be considered one of those Disney hacks, where folks make a ressie 2 days at one resort, 3 at another, make their advanced reservations and then cancel the first 2 days of the trip. It amazes me what people go through at times. Not sure in today's Disney reservation system if that person loses all their reservations with a partial cancellation, or only the reservations the first 2 days. I believe my thinking process isn't devious enough to do stuff like that!! For us, we like the split stays and visiting the different resorts - but we also view it as a single reservation for the trip and like to be able to get our dining and FPs as a single reservation. Sometimes it takes a call!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    VERY glad the phone call worked out. It might have worked out fine waiting another day, but now you have your ADRs and don't need to worry about it.
    If it wasn't a very busy holiday week, and it wasn't our "end of trip" 'Ohana reservation, I would have waited....but didn't want to take a chance. Good to know the info for future trips.

BWV & HH

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: