Quantcast Rise of the Resistance Strategy

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Rise of the Resistance Strategy

Just read that Rise of the Resistance won’t be open for Early Morning Magic (and no FP at least initially) so this throws my early morning strategy off completely for an upcoming visit. Am wondering if people are allowed to line up for a ride that’s not part of early morning before rope drop? So if one goes to Hollywood Studios at early morning opening, can they go and wait in line at Rise of the Resistance for the hour before rope drop? If not, does the line for rides not a part of early morning typically allow line-ups before rope drop at all?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the answer to your question, but I am looking forward to the answer when someone responds. I just wanted to say WELCOME to Intercot. You will love it here.

Post Thanks / Like

I would assume that you could go in for morning EMH and wait at the 'rope' for SW:GE. It would be a waste of the hour of EMH, but that is your hour to use as you wish. I doubt that you would be able to get right to the queue of Rise of the Resistance, but if any part of SW:GE (Baatu) is open, you could take the rest of the land in as you wait.

to INTERCOT!!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks PopPhan!

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I would assume that you could go in for morning EMH and wait at the 'rope' for SW:GE. It would be a waste of the hour of EMH, but that is your hour to use as you wish. I doubt that you would be able to get right to the queue of Rise of the Resistance, but if any part of SW:GE (Baatu) is open, you could take the rest of the land in as you wait.

to INTERCOT!!!!
    I don't think we'd just wait around unless a line was already forming for Rise during EMH. Doesn't sound like the park will accommodate that so i'll run around and do Toy Story stuff beforehand.

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeworks View Post
    I don't think we'd just wait around unless a line was already forming for Rise during EMH. Doesn't sound like the park will accommodate that so i'll run around and do Toy Story stuff beforehand.
    I'm going to be the line DOES start forming. My guess on wait times for this attraction are 150-200 minutes out of the gate. But I'll have more of an opinion after I ride it Wednesday.... Tune into our social media.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

8. Likes LarryBoy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm going to be the line DOES start forming. My guess on wait times for this attraction are 150-200 minutes out of the gate. But I'll have more of an opinion after I ride it Wednesday.... Tune into our social media.
    Thanks, John! Can't wait to see your coverage. Be sure to let the ride sissies of the world (Like me, ha ha!) know what this "drop" is like in the ride description.....

Post Thanks / Like

From another website that I trust implicitly, here is what you HAVE to do if you plan on riding Rise of the Resistance anytime in the near future...

- A Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group is currently required in order to experience the ride. There is no standby line for those without a valid boarding group.

- To be eligible to join a boarding group, you must have scanned your valid ticket/MagicBand at the Park entrance. This is true for all members of a party who plan to join a boarding group. One person can’t go to the Park, scan in, and sign everyone in their party up for a boarding group if the other members are back in the room sleeping. Or even if they’re just farther back in line and haven’t yet scanned.

- To join a boarding group, you either press the “Join Boarding Group” button on the first screen that opens on the My Disney Experience app, or see one of the Guest Experience Team/Guest Services cast members, who will be standing just inside the Park.

- In the week since Rise of the Resistance opened, all boarding group spots have filled before 9am every day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeNut View Post
    From another website that I trust implicitly, here is what you HAVE to do if you plan on riding Rise of the Resistance anytime in the near future...

- A Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group is currently required in order to experience the ride. There is no standby line for those without a valid boarding group.

- To be eligible to join a boarding group, you must have scanned your valid ticket/MagicBand at the Park entrance. This is true for all members of a party who plan to join a boarding group. One person can’t go to the Park, scan in, and sign everyone in their party up for a boarding group if the other members are back in the room sleeping. Or even if they’re just farther back in line and haven’t yet scanned.

- To join a boarding group, you either press the “Join Boarding Group” button on the first screen that opens on the My Disney Experience app, or see one of the Guest Experience Team/Guest Services cast members, who will be standing just inside the Park.

- In the week since Rise of the Resistance opened, all boarding group spots have filled before 9am every day.
    Rode it today. All of this is accurate but today they were gone by 7:15am
    My suggestion get there at least an hour before park opening minimum. The line was huge at 6:20 this morning
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️