Quantcast So . . . Yeah - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So . . . Yeah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer fan View Post
    not totally out of luck we had a boarding number of 110 and the attraction went down for the day at 7 pm at a boarding group of 85. we were automatically given a fast pass for the next day that was good any time we wanted to go in. It was put right on my iPhone and the next day the cast member scanned my phone and away we went
    That works out great if your schedule is completely flexible. We generally do not do the Park Hopper and our Park days are basically set (by necessity) before we even go down. They could give me 10 fastpasses and a free dinner for the next day, but it doesn't do much good if you can't be there to use them. We had that happen when Soarin went down. Here, take some fastpasses for tomorrow or later. Became a souvenir.

2. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    They could have even opened the rest of the park and not let anyone do anything with Star Wars until the posted time. They could have not opened the parking lot at 3 am. There are so many other things they could have done. Then the guy totally lied about it being a security issue forcing them to open early. I found out afterwards it had been going around on Disney boards. I only come here to Intercot, and I usually don't do that while I'm there. Why would I waste my time on my phone when I can be enjoying myself?
    They are only worried about the money though. More people in the park means more money for them.
    Baby Yoda stuff would have meant more money for them also, but they don't have that.
    Yes, they could have easily not allowed a crowd to form at the entrance, therefore not having the pressure to open early.
    Susanne

5. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
    Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

more changes again...now you can’t join a boarding group until park opening regardless of what time you arrive. You’d think they would have figured this all out ahead of time, no? They expected big crowds
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

7. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    more changes again...now you can’t join a boarding group until park opening regardless of what time you arrive. You’d think they would have figured this all out ahead of time, no? They expected big crowds
    Right? This isn't their first rodeo. They've opened how many new rides since 1971?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

They have changed it to park opening so even if they open early no one can join a boarding group until official opening. It worked out well, we just got home a couple of hours ago and we got to the park on Monday at opening and couldn't get a boarding group, we didn't get in early because we didn't care. On Thursday after they changed it my husband and son were able to get a boarding group as soon as they entered the park and were done by noon I know the time because they had a reservation at Oga's at 12:10. @Cinderelley thank you for taking the time to speak with them when you were there, I'm sure your comments as well as others forced the changes.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear that it is working like it is supposed to. I had my doubts.

Post Thanks / Like

Cinderelley, did you ever get any kind of satisfactory response on this?
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Cinderelley, did you ever get any kind of satisfactory response on this?
    I contacted an attorney about a class action lawsuit shortly after returning home. I'm advised not to say anything. The new system they have is definitely more satisfactory though.

Post Thanks / Like

I contacted an attorney about a class action lawsuit shortly after returning home. I'm advised not to say anything. The new system they have is definitely more satisfactory though.
    Seems like a tough case - I doubt riding on any attraction is guaranteed as part of park entry. It is kind of amazing though about how poorly this was handled. Seems like this should have been anticipated in advance.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really surprised this wasn't handled better as well. Sounds like they were making reactive decisions and not working within a set plan.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

The stress and angst of going to WDW World and trying to get on certain rides is really unbelievable!
    I still go but wrestling with where the " enjoyment" comes in.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDadfromPittsburgh View Post
    The stress and angst of going to WDW World and trying to get on certain rides is really unbelievable!
    I still go but wrestling with where the " enjoyment" comes in.
    I understand the sentiment, but our trip was enjoyable other than DHS. Admittedly, riding all the rides wasn't the biggest priority for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the sentiment, but our trip was enjoyable other than DHS. Admittedly, riding all the rides wasn't the biggest priority for us.
    Why would you seek a lawyer for a class action law suit if that wasn't your biggest priority?
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

18. Likes dnickels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really, really hoping that this is all back to (somewhat) normal when we go in May. Really looking forward to Rise of the Resistance. I'm also hoping that it takes some of the crowds away from Toy Story Land, which we also have yet to see. Our last trip to Walt Disney World was in October of 2017.

BTW, we don't have an imminent trip planned, but even we knew that the park was opening at 6am every day. We've been telling people that we know who did have trips planned.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar experience to the OP. First Saturday after opening and the scheduled park opening time was 8am or 9am. I knew something was up when I saw that everyone was inside the park at 6:30 when I arrived. I still got a boarding pass of 88. Not knowing how slow groups would be called we spent all day in the park. We got a push notification about an hour before closing that it was not going to happen and they gave us a free ticket which really perked us up.

Thank goodness they are now sticking to the 7am opening time. Still too early, but it works. Maybe not the best thing that we all now know that we can force a park open at any time we want by just bringing 4000 people to the gates.

21. Likes Cinderelley liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: