Quantcast The West Coast wasn't Good Enough - Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The West Coast wasn't Good Enough - Day 2

Cast members
    Cinderelley - Terribly afraid of heights
    Tamika - Enjoying seeing how to do Disney World right
    Barksy - The world's first puppy travel blogger

My human was called into work today, so I am taking over her trip report.

Day 2
    Our wake up call came bright and early. We all groaned and got out of bed to get to our Crystal Palace breakfast ADR. Luckily, the Magic Kingdom bus arrived shortly after we got to the bus stop. I must admit, the bus going straight to Magic Kingdom instead of having to deal with the TTC is a definite advantage of staying onsite.

Three characters were in our vicinity as soon as we sat down at the table. I was so excited to see Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore again. I introduced them to my fairy godmother, and she got some pictures with them. Then it was time to go get our food. I was a hungry pup by then. All of the food looked delicious, but I couldn't wait to get my mickey waffles. My fairy godmother didn't believe that they were magically delicious until she ate one. Now she's firmly in the mickey waffle camp.

We hurriedly ate and then hopped on the monorail to the Contemporary. From there, we took a cab to Massage Envy. The cab driver got lost, and we detoured to the hospital first which wound up making us late for our massage appointment. Once we got there though, my paw massage was heavenly. Walking around the parks can make your paws sore.

We grabbed an uber and detoured to Animal Kingdom Lodge to see the Christmas decorations. None of the animals were in sight unfortunately. We did snag a souvenir to take home from the gift shop. Then my human detoured again to Animal Kingdom to take my fairy godmother on Flight of Passage. We went to get a return time. The two cast members there were having a good time with my fairy godmother. Then one of them told us all to hold paws. We did, and we were taken through the fastpass line to the ride. It was great for my fairy godmother to see some Disney magic first hand.

We had some cooties that we had to get rid of first, but soon we were yelling "Sivako" as we swooped through the air. My fairy godmother was screaming at the first dive, but she quickly learned to adjust. My human didn't stop teasing her for a while.

We stopped to get some photopass photos for my blog and eating a mickey bar. Can't go to Disney without getting a mickey bar even though we have a freezer stocked full of them. I'm pretty sure that we have enough mickey bars in our freezer to survive a zombie apocalypse on them, but my human keeps buying them in case they quit making them.

It was time to head back to Magic Kingdom for our meet and greet with Rapunzel and Tiana. I had a great time with Rapunzel while my fairy godmother chatted it up with Tiana. Then we went to visit Dumbo - "when I see an elephant fly". After Dumbo landed, we took off again with Peter Pan. Second star to the right, and straight on until morning.

It was time for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to start, so we headed back to the front of the park, stopping in the hat store to pick up a bride hat for my fairy godmother to wear at her wedding in spring. We got our wristbands and headed down the path the directed us towards. It was decorated with Christmas decorations, photopass spots and free cookies. They were delicious. I wanted a light up necklace made out of Christmas decorations, so we bought one. Unfortunately, it broke shortly thereafter.

We exited the pathway close to Tomorrowland, so we headed there. Buzz's wait time said 15 minutes, so we hopped in line. It took quite a bit longer than that, so my human had to rest before we did anything else. We hopped on the TTA for a breather. It was nice to be able to look out and see all the pretty decorations at night. We got a little taste of Space Mountain and paged Mr. Tom Morrow. We also got some bottled water. I was a parched pup.

Refreshed, we went to Adventureland to join a pirate crew. Yo ho, Yo ho a pirate's life for me. When we were done pillaging, we headed towards Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We hadn't planned on watching the parade, but it stopped us in our tracks. We ducked into the patio of Pecos Bill's and watched the parade through the fence. The cast members even stopped to wave at us down on the patio as they went by.

My fairy godmother screamed the whole way through Big Thunder, which made my human laugh even more than she normally does. My human wrote off doing any more roller coasters, but my fairy godmother said she wanted to ride Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Skeptically we headed to new Fantasyland. My fairy godmother was too busy screaming to sing "heigh ho. heigh ho. It's off to work we go." My human and I called out "Heigh Hooooooo!" though.

My fairy godmother loves carousels, so that was our next stop as a reward for her bravery riding roller coasters. My human has carousel ptsd after spending so many hours doing it with Lillian on our last visit. She managed to overcome the flashbacks and climbed onto a horse with us.

We did some shopping down Main Street and enjoyed the snow that fell during the parade. We didn't watch the fireworks. We did some shopping on Main Street. My human bought some art work and had it shipped home. It was pretty close to 12:30. We were tired, had to get up early for DHS and wanted to miss the rush of humanity that would happen when the party ended. There were only a few people ahead of us in the bus line, so we were able to sit down when the bus finally arrived.

Once we got back to the hotel room though, we were all starving. My human ordered room service, which took an hour. In the meantime, we had some foot masks that we tried on our paws. My human almost fell on her tail again, because it was slipper when you walked. My fairy godmother was smart and put her socks on over her foot mask. We enjoyed the balcony, got our luggage together to check the next morning and managed to get to sleep about 3 am.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a lot of ground you covered on this day!! I'm sure it was very nice to treat those hard-working feet so well at the end of the day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: