Quantcast Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rise of Skywalker (Spoilers)

It's been almost two weeks since it opened, surprised there hasn't been a thread started on it yet. Being old enough to claim seeing A New Hope when it was first released, I will still argue that the original trilogy taken as a whole is still far the best in the franchise.

ROS was a good film, and they probably did as well as they could trying to salvage the disfunction between TFA and TLJ. Having Rey as a Palpatine was probably the best and most logical explanation (vs daughter of Luke or Han/Leia or creation of the Force) but unfortunately its the kind of ending you have to just not ask questions, because as of now there are no answers. How did Palpatine survive falling into the nuclear reactor and the explosion of the 2nd death star in Return of the Jedi? He didn't seem to be a force projection, was he a clone? How did Mas ever get Luke's saber, the one lost in Bespin when Luke's hand was cut-off in ESB? How did Rey obtain Jedi skills and space piloting skills. Having the force doesn't bring ability, training is still needed.

Unfortunately it seems clear with the final trilogy that there wasn't a set vision at the onset, too many characters not fleshed out or inconsistently dealt with. Never really understood what they were trying to accomplish with Kylo/Ben, Hux was kind of all over the place and I thought Finn/Rose was supposed to be something? And what is with all the Sith, supposed to be power of 2 yet there is a Sith army?

Anyhow I liked the movie, visually was great, hearing what sounded like the battle of the fates was great, and no doubt, Emperor Palpatine a great character and voice. Best advice, watch, enjoy but don't ask questions.

2. Likes PopPhan, magicofdisney liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Ghost! I agree, it was a nice close to the Skywalker/Palpatine saga. I don't understand "fanboys" that try to "Monday morning quarterback" movies and shows. Disney gave the reigns to Abrams and Kennedy and its their baby...take it or leave it. Star Wars as a brand is not perfect, but no brand is perfect...Bond, Star Trek, DC, Marvel...whoever. Just like humans, if you like or love someone (or in this case something) then you overlook the minor imperfections and see them for the greater person they are. I have enjoyed having Star Wars in my life and to share with family and friends for over 40 years and am looking forward to many more! Just an asterisk to this, despite what people may say about ROS, The Mandalorian really rocked it this fall and I can't wait until season tow next fall. Long live Star Wars!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

5. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While the movie that seems to be performing above expectations questions are what will the next Star Wars be post-Skywalker and when will the new movie be out as heard George Lucas is taking a hiatus for the time being from Star Wars burnout!
    March Madness 2024!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    How did Palpatine survive falling into the nuclear reactor and the explosion of the 2nd death star in Return of the Jedi? He didn't seem to be a force projection, was he a clone?
    He Mary Poppins'd it like Leia.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Nice review Ghost! I agree, it was a nice close to the Skywalker/Palpatine saga. I don't understand "fanboys" that try to "Monday morning quarterback" movies and shows. Disney gave the reigns to Abrams and Kennedy and its their baby...take it or leave it. Star Wars as a brand is not perfect, but no brand is perfect...Bond, Star Trek, DC, Marvel...whoever. Just like humans, if you like or love someone (or in this case something) then you overlook the minor imperfections and see them for the greater person they are. I have enjoyed having Star Wars in my life and to share with family and friends for over 40 years and am looking forward to many more! Just an asterisk to this, despite what people may say about ROS, The Mandalorian really rocked it this fall and I can't wait until season tow next fall. Long live Star Wars!
    I like this analogy! Nothing is perfect and you choose to overlook minor imperfections. In my case, I've chosen to overlook when necessary.

I agree with Ghost in that the original trilogy is, hands down, the BEST. I'm glad I was fortunate to watch Star Wars in the order in which they were made. Today's generation that can start at 1... ewww, glad that's not me.

Honestly, I never tried too hard to figure out Rey's origins.

Of the last three, this was probably my favorite. By that I mean, this had the least number of boring scenes compared to the previous two.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

9. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: