Quantcast Can non-Disney guests utilize attractions?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can non-Disney guests utilize attractions?

My neighbors will be heading to Orlando next week to visit relatives. They are a family of 9...so having 7 children on a single income, they just can't afford to visit the parks at this time. But they still want to give their kids somewhat of a "Disney" experience. So, they want to do everything free or inexpensive at Disney there is to offer. They will be visiting Disney Springs a couple days to see live entertainment, ride the train and carousel, and look around. I did tell them about the Tri Circle D Ranch and they are very interested in the pony rides. I also told them about Yehaa Bob and the lookout at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They will have their own van for transportation, so would they be able to visit these attractions without Disney park tickets? And is there anything else you can think of that they could do on the cheap to add to their "Disney" experience?
    Natalie

WDW ~ 1987
    WDW ~ Jan 1997
    DL ~ Jan 2004
    WDW ~ Dec 2007
    WDW POR ~Oct 2010
    WDW POR ~ Dec 2012
    WDW Offsite ~ Mar 2016
    WDW POR ~ Aug 2016
    DL ~ Jun 2018
    WDW ASMovies ~ Mar 2019

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They can park at Disney Springs and resort hop using the bus, monorail, boats and skyliner. They can also visit all park entrances this way. No tickets are needed for any of this and all free of charge.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

4. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Disney Springs they could:

Take a Bus to the Boardwalk, walk around the boardwalk area (they have live entertainment there at night) walk to the international gateway Skyway Station (outside of the park) take a round trip tour on the sky way (transferring at the Caribbean Beach resort for the three lines). Back at the Boardwalk take a bus back to Disney Springs.

Take a Bus to the Polynesian Resort. Not sure what they are budgeting for food, but this is the one place you can get a Dole Whip outside of the theme park in a similar Adventurland setting. Walking around the Polynesian is always nice too. Get on the Monorail at the Polynesian and ride it round trip through the Contemporary. Back at the Polynesian take the bus back to Disney Springs.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the suggestions so far. I'm typing up a list for them with all these ideas. Please let me know if there's anything else you can think of.
    Natalie

WDW ~ 1987
    WDW ~ Jan 1997
    DL ~ Jan 2004
    WDW ~ Dec 2007
    WDW POR ~Oct 2010
    WDW POR ~ Dec 2012
    WDW Offsite ~ Mar 2016
    WDW POR ~ Aug 2016
    DL ~ Jun 2018
    WDW ASMovies ~ Mar 2019

Post Thanks / Like

At the Poly, there are Hula lessons for the kids. From any of the monorail resorts they can watch the Electrical Water Pageant - thisbis classic Disney! The schedule is posted online.

Would mini golf be an option? The Fantasia course has a bunch of Disney touches and we always have fun in the course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Figment! thanked for this post
    Likes Figment!, texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House they have cookie decorating at 1 pm. At 4:00 pm is a culinary tour of Jiko and Boma.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

There is the camp fire sing along, outdoor movie and roasting marshmallows/smores at Fort Wilderness that they could also do. They could go to the magic kingdom entrance in various fun ways like taking the monorail from a resort and then take the boat from magic kingdom to fort wilderness. We have done this in the past on our day of arrival and it was a fun adventure.

Post Thanks / Like

More great ideas! Thank you so much!
    Natalie

WDW ~ 1987
    WDW ~ Jan 1997
    DL ~ Jan 2004
    WDW ~ Dec 2007
    WDW POR ~Oct 2010
    WDW POR ~ Dec 2012
    WDW Offsite ~ Mar 2016
    WDW POR ~ Aug 2016
    DL ~ Jun 2018
    WDW ASMovies ~ Mar 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    At Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House they have cookie decorating at 1 pm. At 4:00 pm is a culinary tour of Jiko and Boma.
    And when I took the tour of Jiko and Boma they were giving free samples of zebra domes, soup, and at Jiko we all shared a bread service. There's also a free tour of Sanaa (I think it's around 3:30), and afterwards there was a free bread service. And since I was the only person on the tour that day, free dinner! Also, don't forget the free evening movies on the beach. Note-you don't have to be staying at that resort to enjoy the movie.

Post Thanks / Like

Also at Animal Kingdom, you can venture outside to the animal viewing areas.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all are making me want to go on a non park trip just to see all of this stuff.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

15. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you can watch the MK fireworks from the dock at the Polynesian. We did it in the past when our tickets were in "black-out". At that time they piped in the music. If not here, you can definitely do it from T&TC. They also pipe in the music there, but it's not very loud.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Other places to view the Magic Kingdom fireworks include the 4th floor observation area at the Contemporary or the beach at Fort Wilderness.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this has been mentioned, but go to one of the resorts on the Seven Seas Lagoon and get the schedule for the Electrical Water Pageant that circles the Lagoon. I believe it stops, plays and lights up for about 15 minutes at each location.

19. Likes deedee73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I don't think this has been mentioned, but go to one of the resorts on the Seven Seas Lagoon and get the schedule for the Electrical Water Pageant that circles the Lagoon. I believe it stops, plays and lights up for about 15 minutes at each location.
    I totally second this suggestion! Electrical Water Pageant is classic Disney! We never miss it. The suggested schedule is available online. Just google the Electrical Water Pagent and you can see the schedule. I always plan for a few minutes prior/after bc you never know. Totally worth any effort.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: