Quantcast Bring Me Up to Speed Please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bring Me Up to Speed Please

Hi All -

It has been ten years since our last trip to WDW. I used to know all there was to know about WDW and what was coming, what was being refurbished, etc., but I have lost touch. My husband and I are planning a trip in November of this year.

I know there have been many changes in the past ten years, I would be grateful for any bits of information you could send my way. Anything that really stands out that we should see. Anything that is now closed or anything new!

Thanks much for the input!
    Caribbean Beach - March 2010
    Contemporary & Caribbean Beach - February 2006
    Polynesian - January 2003
    Caribbean Beach - December 2000
    Caribbean Beach - February 1999
    Caribbean Beach - February 1997

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We will try and get you all caught up ... and I recommend maybe getting the "Unofficial Guide to Disney", it is a fun read, and will get you back in the loop.

As I think, being able to book FP+, Star Wars (of course, in the last year), new Fantasyland, but really, other than FP+, much will also be the same, or at least work the same way as before.

Lots of changes at Epcot, it is currently undergoing a massive change (and details can be found on our news pages).

Enjoy the planning!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to keep up with all the changes that have occurred in the last ten years. As the previous poster suggested, I would suggest getting the Birnbaum book for a quick primer on what is there now. Also, continue to peruse these boards - you'll find lots of good information within the discussions that take place.

One thing for sure - you will find the parks more crowded than before and you will find many rides (which used to be walk-ons) with fairly long wait times so be prepared that you will not be able to do as much on any given day as you might have been used to in the past. This will make it more important to prioritize those things that are most important to you.

Please post any specific questions you may have - I'm sure folks here will be happy to answer!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: