Quantcast Jan Trip - Coronado Day 1 of 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jan Trip - Coronado Day 1 of 4

It has been a while since I have posted a trip report here! I have been fortunate to have been able to go yearly, even if its just for a long weekend.

In the past we have stayed at the Polynesian, however even with discounts its just too much money!

Our last few trips have been either at Dolphin or Coronado which are priced well and one has convenience and the other as the atmosphere we like!

We had stayed at the Coronado in May when we celebrated my DS 21st birthday. On that trip I said we are not coming back to Disney for another 2 years at least and it must be in November! The kids said "ya right" mom.. Of course when I said this, I was walking with a meniscus tear and it was 95 degrees ha,ha!

Fast forward to October, saw a deal and said I will surprise the kids (DD 24, DS 21) for Christmas.

My husband didn't come because he just had a shut down at work over the holidays and we have a 10 month old puppy.

Smooth late flight into Orlando on Delta, picked up our bags (very quick) and off to the Magical Express. Used online check-in which went well. We were in Casitas, since the resort is so big I had downloaded map on my phone to look at while on ME so we knew where to go when we got dropped off!

Room was clean and to bed we went.

I didn't want to wake up too early since it was a late night. We had reservations for breakfast at Kona Café (we took a Lyft) at 9:45. We were a little sad we weren't staying there but after some Pineapple Macadamia nut pancakes and good coffee we were all happy to go.

I had FP for TMR, Peter Pan and Seven Dwarfs through out the day. Crowds were moderate and we just enjoy the atmosphere of the Magic Kingdom. Had to do CoP and People mover with a good view of the new Tron construction which is coming a long.

Lines were fairly long on most things but we got on a few other rides other then the ones we had FP for. We had dinner at Liberty Tavern. In the past it had always been so crowded but it wasn't at all. My friend said she thought there food portions were smaller now but we didn't find that. I thought it was good as usual and we left very happy!

Bus to back to Coronado was quick and my son and I went to 3 Bridges Bar which was great. I got the Sangria flight and talk to a nice couple and the heaters provided enough heat on a chilly night.

Also the new tower lobby is just beautiful, a little more of a convention feel of course but overall I loved it.

Off to bed for an early morning to try to make Ride of Resistance, do we do it??
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

2. Thanks faline, Donald, Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you got off to a running start with a yummy breakfast at the Poly and a pleasant day at the Magic Kingdom!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great so far! Looking forward to hearing more!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: