The Jungle Cruise boat sinking got me to thinking of ride mishaps I've actually seen/been a part of.

The last time I rode the Tomorrowland Speedway, my son was also riding it, and started in the car right behind me. However, at some point, his car went around a curve, and never straightened out, and his car completely jumped the track. For a while, he was in-between tracks, and then he decided he needed to get back on the track, so he drove it up and over the track on his left. He literally started behind me, and then finished by coming in beside me. The CM watched him come in with a bemused expression and asked him, "How did you get over there?! We're not using that track!" My son was like, "I don't know!"

My best story, though, is legend in our family. My in-laws were with us on one trip, and we got on POTC. Before we left the dock, I mused out loud, "I wonder what this place looks like with the lights on?" Right as we got about 100 feet from the end, the right stopped. We sat there for 10 minutes, not moving, with the soundtrack playing. Then, they turned the lights on. A few minutes later a CM came out and talked to us about the ride breaking down. Then, after another 10 minutes or so, someone showed up in hip waders, jumped into the water, and pushed our boat back to one of the scenes where the town is burning. They helped us out of the boat, and led us up some stairs in the ride set, and out a back door. We got a great view of the ride with the lights on! Now, whenever we get on POTC, people look at me and say, "DON'T SAY IT."

How about you guys? I'm sure we have some great stories out there.