Quantcast Disney World theme parks are closing - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    But climbing into someone's ear is like violating a treaty.

I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    We're still trying home remedies. She's seems to be doing fine. She and her boyfriend worked on drainage again last night (that sounds so weird me talking about ear drainage ). I'm going to take another look with my otoscope just to see if I see anything. Honestly, there's no telling how big or little this bug was. I'm sure nearly any size bug is going to sound HUGE if it's flapping and flopping on top of your eardrum.

I have to laugh at your treaty comment. That is too funny.
    I'm so glad she's doing fine!

Honestly, that's how I feel. I'm happy to live and let live, just don't cross the line - like eating my food or climbing in my ear.
    Susanne

4. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to the thread topic.

I don't know if anyone here uses the app Nextdoor. It's like FaceBook for neighborhoods. I live just a few miles away from the parks. There are TONS of Disney fans in the neighborhood. When Disney announced its closing, someone posted a link to the article. Soon, many of us fans began responding. One of the ladies who responded said she follows many Disney message boards online and through FaceBook. She said there is one group in particular where many went to Disney on that last weekend as a last "Hoorah". They're all now testing positive for the virus.

Of course this is hearsay, so take it as you may. But, I can't help but wonder if there will be repercussion from this. People have attacked Disney for much less.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone here uses the app Nextdoor. It's like FaceBook for neighborhoods. I live just a few miles away from the parks. There are TONS of Disney fans in the neighborhood. When Disney announced its closing, someone posted a link to the article. Soon, many of us fans began responding. One of the ladies who responded said she follows many Disney message boards online and through FaceBook. She said there is one group in particular where many went to Disney on that last weekend as a last "Hoorah". They're all now testing positive for the virus.

Of course this is hearsay, so take it as you may. But, I can't help but wonder if there will be repercussion from this. People have attacked Disney for much less.
    I would hope not. It was their personal decision, but with the craziness in this world, who knows.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

7. Likes PopPhan, magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there the last day and was fine
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I was there the last day and was fine
    I'm sure there are thousands that are fine. I'm just sharing someone else's personal hearsay story.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

10. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides, there would be no proof that they were infected there. Impossible to know
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Besides, there would be no proof that they were infected there. Impossible to know
    Not really impossible but difficult to trace. If you have a large cluster of people from different parts of the nation and the one commonality is they were all at Disneyworld on that day and in a similar time frame; you could point to the infection spreading from there. The difficulty now is there are so many cases that a lot of Local and State governments are beyond tracing and just saying it’s everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Agreed. What's the cause and effect? If the story is true and they all had it, is it because they were together at WDW? If they're friends, what other common events did they share where they could have picked it up? Maybe one of them picked it up somewhere, and then shared it with the friends.

Since we were there at WDW that final weekend before closing, I don't like to hear stories of people who were contagious walking around the parks - but we knew in mid-March, the risk was getting greater every day. Looking back, we probably should have left sooner than we did - but the week before WDW closed was unprecedented with how quickly things were changing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Agreed. What's the cause and effect? If the story is true and they all had it, is it because they were together at WDW? If they're friends, what other common events did they share where they could have picked it up? Maybe one of them picked it up somewhere, and then shared it with the friends.

Since we were there at WDW that final weekend before closing, I don't like to hear stories of people who were contagious walking around the parks - but we knew in mid-March, the risk was getting greater every day. Looking back, we probably should have left sooner than we did - but the week before WDW closed was unprecedented with how quickly things were changing.
    Yep. At the beginning of that week I thought they "might" close. By the end, I suspected the closure would be much longer than a couple of weeks.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Not really impossible but difficult to trace. If you have a large cluster of people from different parts of the nation and the one commonality is they were all at Disneyworld on that day and in a similar time frame; you could point to the infection spreading from there. The difficulty now is there are so many cases that a lot of Local and State governments are beyond tracing and just saying it’s everywhere.
    They could have gotten it from the airport, or other people, you would never know, and couldn't prove it was directly disney. Likely, sure. But prove it was directly them. Nope.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching a YouTube video and the guy is reading a letter sent out to all Disney employees. It's primarily regarding the new pay structure and in that letter is states Bob Iger is forgoing 100% of his salary at this time. That's very admirable, to say the least.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching a YouTube video and the guy is reading a letter sent out to all Disney employees. It's primarily regarding the new pay structure and in that letter is states Bob Iger is forgoing 100% of his salary at this time. That's very admirable, to say the least.
    That depends how he defines, "Salary." And, "at this time." These people don't make it to the top cuz they are nice. There is a self-serving deal behind each decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    That depends how he defines, "Salary." And, "at this time." These people don't make it to the top cuz they are nice. There is a self-serving deal behind each decision.
    I didn't feel a need to nitpick at his generosity. I did read that "at this time" at least means the remainder of 2020.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

19. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't feel a need to nitpick at his generosity. I did read that "at this time" at least means the remainder of 2020.
    Yes but in the interest of full disclosure (which Disney did not do in the press release or email) his salary is only a small portion of his total compensation. And he’s not donating his salary to a charitable cause. He is forgoing it to help the multi billion dollar company.

It’s hard for me to relate to this and have a positive spin on it since I’m 43 And haven’t made over 50 million a year in 43 years. Unlike Mr Iger who has.

21. Thanks RunDMV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nitpicking. That's funny. He wont lose a pennt.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys got me. I'm such a loser for trying to see a little light in the darkness.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

24. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys got me. I'm such a loser for trying to see a little light in the darkness.
    I think RunDMV and goofyskier need a Snickers!! LOL
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

26. Thanks ibelieveindisneymagic thanked for this post
    Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the press release and said "pffft" as well. As already mentioned, the "salary" he is forgoing is a very small portion of his actual compensation. He is still gladly accepting the bulk of the millions. Everyone needs to accept this for what it is......just a PR move which is typical in the big corporate world. Now, I would have been impressed had he said I am forgoing my compensation package during this crisis.

28. Likes RunDMV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I read the press release and said "pffft" as well. As already mentioned, the "salary" he is forgoing is a very small portion of his actual compensation. He is still gladly accepting the bulk of the millions. Everyone needs to accept this for what it is......just a PR move which is typical in the big corporate world. Now, I would have been impressed had he said I am forgoing my compensation package during this crisis.
    Yes, but it's still not nothing. He didn't have to do what he did. It's still a nice gesture that will help people who work for the company and make far, far less.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

30. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: