Quantcast Things that cheered you up/made you smile.... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    DH Macgyvered a fire pit with stuff we had in the backyard and we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.
    I LOVE backyard fire pits and not much compares to the homemade s'mores with roasted marshmallows.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

2. Likes TheVBs liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I LOVE backyard fire pits and not much compares to the homemade s'mores with roasted marshmallows.
    They were SO good. It was a nice treat, we haven't had them in awhile. Plus we were out late enough to see the bats come out and see Venus.
    Susanne

5. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! So said dog has found said plants (not yet planted) and has turned them into a toy. Nothing has been killed yet but grabbing a four inch pot, bursting through the dog door and proceeding to leave a trail of damp dirt throughout the house was not good. He’s been called a monster and naughty more than once. It’s supposed to stop raining tomorrow so I hope to get the plants in the ground tomorrow.

I do have to say the very clear trail of dirt was a little bit funny. 😀

7. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Ugh! So said dog has found said plants (not yet planted) and has turned them into a toy. Nothing has been killed yet but grabbing a four inch pot, bursting through the dog door and proceeding to leave a trail of damp dirt throughout the house was not good. He’s been called a monster and naughty more than once. It’s supposed to stop raining tomorrow so I hope to get the plants in the ground tomorrow.

I do have to say the very clear trail of dirt was a little bit funny. 
    This has given me the giggles I needed right now.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post

I do have to say the very clear trail of dirt was a little bit funny. ��
    So sorry! But this did make me smile! What a stinker!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I baked two spaghetti squash. Kept some in the fridge, but bagged up the rest in serving sizes and popped them in the freezer. This way I won't get sick of it too quickly. Hoping to mitigate some of the food damage that's being done while isolating.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I baked two spaghetti squash. Kept some in the fridge, but bagged up the rest in serving sizes and popped them in the freezer. This way I won't get sick of it too quickly. Hoping to mitigate some of the food damage that's being done while isolating.
    I agree. Some days I just want to snack all day long because I'm bored. And it's getting hotter here so going outside isn't as much of an option as it was a couple of weeks ago. I mean, technically, I can go outside, but I LOATHE the FL heat and humidity. Therefor, I don't spend much time outside once the temps start going mid to upper 80s and above.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

I have been moved to night shift at work to cover for one of the nurses who has been deployed. For the first time in my working life, a Friday is actually my Friday. Woohoo! *happy dance*
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

13. Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Because I completely dropped the ball (egg?) on planning for Easter, I was trying to figure out how I could still manage to put out a little something for the girls. I did have some Cadbury eggs, and I remembered that years ago I obsessively downloaded a bunch of those Disney 3D papercrafts. So I made Daisy holding a chocolate bunny, an Easter Bunny, an Alice in Wonderland shadowbox (Tim Burton version) and a big Alice in Wonderland (classic version) diorama egg. The big egg had a design flaw. It was missing one half of the bottom of the egg, so I had to use one of the patterns for the top piece and it turned out pretty wonky (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). But, they all made a nice little display to surprise the girls with. And, it reminded me how much I get a kick out of doing them! I made a starspeeder last night. I have 6 different ones and I'm going to make them all. Right now, I'm super grateful that I bought a pack of card printer paper and new print cartridges before all this hit! If anyone would like some of these, I can send you the pdfs. Just PM your email address to me. I have a ton of Disney characters and some non-Disney as well.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I woke up and started making dinner before work. I noticed that someone had put a hidden mickey in the flowers we have in the kitchen. It made me smile on the way to work.

16. Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I woke up and started making dinner before work. I noticed that someone had put a hidden mickey in the flowers we have in the kitchen. It made me smile on the way to work.
    Love this!

I made Mickey shaped brownies yesterday.
    Susanne

18. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My roommate moved out and took his dog with him. We've started having confirmed covid cases at work, so I'm pretty much isolating myself from everyone. I moved out of the house with my daughter and the baby (I know it isn't really affecting kids, but since he was just in the NICU for pneumonia when he was born in February, I don't want to chance it.) I'm staying in the house with my oldest son, his wife and her mom. Most of the dogs stayed with my daughter, so I'm going through dog withdrawal. My ex-roommate sent me a picture of his dog to my email at work. Now it is my background picture at work.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww. Dog withdrawal is hard. I wish you could post videos here. I would share a picture of my friend and her Husky working with a kick bike. It's so funny and cheers me up so much I've probably watched it a dozen times by now.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I love Huskies. They are so much fun. The one dog I took with me is named Lady. I'm thinking about finding a Tramp to go with her.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Huskies too! But they can be a handful! My sister and her husband had one. She was very sweet and loving, but constantly doing crazy things. Stuff you wouldn't even believe. She was wicked smart and got bored very easily. Bad combination! They would take her out biking and running for several miles pretty much every single day and it never fully ran off her energy.

DD19 and I went for a snowy trail ride yesterday. It was so beautiful and peaceful!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Capt Tom has made me smile! You may have heard of him but if not he's a 99 yr old vet who planned to walk 100 laps of his garden before his 100th birthday on April 30. He did it for NHS charities hoping to get £1000. He finished his laps and his total is £21 million plus!!!
    Yes, i donated. Total hero in my book.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

24. Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merciantinkerbell View Post
    Capt Tom has made me smile! You may have heard of him but if not he's a 99 yr old vet who planned to walk 100 laps of his garden before his 100th birthday on April 30. He did it for NHS charities hoping to get £1000. He finished his laps and his total is £21 million plus!!!
    That's amazing! Good for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merciantinkerbell View Post
    That is awesome!!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest son and I were running errands yesterday. He was telling me that during their zoom meeting for work that day, someone was playing "I'll Make a Man Out of You." He started singing along with the song during their meeting. lol

Then he started playing Disney music for me in his truck. <3

28. Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried a couple of new recipes for dinner recently, spaghetti carbonara and shakshuka. Both turned out great!
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: