Quantcast Bob Chapek: "..likely going to require is masks for both the casts and the guests..."

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob Chapek: "..likely going to require is masks for both the casts and the guests..."

From his interview on CNBC today, Disney CEO Bob Chapek talked about a number of things, including that he expects guests will be required to wear masks in the park at reopening, even during summer months.

"...along with social distancing, one of the things that we're likely going to require is masks for both the casts and the guests..."
    (At the 5 minute mark of the interview if you want to skip ahead to that portion)

Also talks about other things including the ramping up steps at Shanghai Disney.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/05/1...ob-chapek.html

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If that’s going to be the case I’ll probably postpone my Aug 1 trip till early next year sadly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes eam, texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they'll revised character costumes to include masks? Central FL in August with a mask does not sound like fun.

Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

6. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope....no fun. I'm not going to wear a mask. Haven't worn one yet anywhere and certainly not going to wear one in a park, in the heat and humidity in the middle of Florida.

8. Thanks texas211 thanked for this post
    Likes Cinderelley, texas211 liked this post
    Dislikes Sewmagickal disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Nope....no fun. I'm not going to wear a mask. Haven't worn one yet anywhere and certainly not going to wear one in a park, in the heat and humidity in the middle of Florida.
    Just guessing you won’t be going then. I won’t wear a mask their either for the same reasons. But I have been smart enough to wear them while shopping and other activities since my wife is working directly with Covid patients and I wouldn’t want to infect someone like yourself unintentionally.

10. Likes dnickels, barnaby, TheVBs, MalteseFalcon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We wear our masks here whenever out in public. Its such an easy step to protect your neighbor, I don't understand the resistance of so many to do the same. Its no different for us from covering a sneeze, holding a door open, saying excuse me.

If Disney is functional come August, we'll bring a slew of character inspired masks and head out to the parks as planned.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

12. Likes PopPhan, dnickels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    We wear our masks here whenever out in public. Its such an easy step to protect your neighbor, I don't understand the resistance of so many to do the same. Its no different for us from covering a sneeze, holding a door open, saying excuse me.

If Disney is functional come August, we'll bring a slew of character inspired masks and head out to the parks as planned.
    Yeah, not wearing it to a park.

I don't even know my neighbors name. Plus, i question the use anyways, short of wearing the appropriate masks that you can either correctly clean/reuse or have disposable options. Which doesn't apply to man.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

14. Thanks RunDMV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't know any of my immediate neighbor's names either, it doesn't change my desire to be courteous and kind. Same reason I donate to charitable causes when I can and make sure to pick up my trash.

Fortunately going to Disney World is not a necessity for life and everyone is free to choose if they want to attend and follow the rules or not attend.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

16. Likes dnickels, PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Fortunately going to Disney World is not a necessity for life and everyone is free to choose if they want to attend and follow the rules or not attend.
    Exactly, it's not going to be optional. People will be required to wear a mask in the parks or they won't be allowed in.

18. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm not and plus I don't like the room rules and everything else is going to be a pain. Hardly worth it.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the lower Hudson Valley in New York and the temperatures have been in the low 70's. I wear a mask and it does get very warm under it. I cannot imagine wearing one in the heat and humidity in Disney World. I know the grandkids would be very uncomfortable with them. I know it is all a precaution but I changed my mind for this year and made reservations for May 2021. It is wait and see now.

21. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Exactly, it's not going to be optional. People will be required to wear a mask in the parks or they won't be allowed in.
    I don't think it will last forever. Eventually the bottom line will do the talking. If people don't go because of the masks, that restriction will be removed.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

23. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Actually, based on the way it reads, and based on the agreement with the union, masks will be required other places than just the parks. Wherever Disney cast members and/or guests are going to be in close proximity, I expect the masks will be required - except while eating or drinking. The cast members who are being asked to work and interact with thousands of strangers during a pandemic deserve the courtesy and extra protection of guests having a face covering for the short-term.

25. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I don't think it will last forever. Eventually the bottom line will do the talking. If people don't go because of the masks, that restriction will be removed.
    I certainly hope it's extremely short-lived. But with the forced reduced capacity that's expected when they first try to start up again, the masks won't be the reason. They'll still likely be turning people away who wish to get into the parks. By the time they get back to more normal capacity numbers, seems like the requirement for masks will be gone - because that will mean the environment is deemed safer than it is now.

Post Thanks / Like

Masks aren't mandatory over here, just recommended. I've not been wearing one when shopping - still furloughed so no work - not because I don't believe they work but because as an asthmatic I simply can't breathe in one. I have tried in the house sitting still with a home-made one but ran out of air and felt suffocated after less than a minute. Loosening it meant if fell off face so useless.
    I really hope a vaccine is developed so normality can resume.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

A very self-centered attitude. You are putting others at risk. If you don’t want to wear a mask, then stay home!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I am for #1 Wanting to breathe and #2 Wanting food and prescription meds for myself and DH who also needs a lung transplant
    POFQ Sept 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sewmagickal View Post
    A very self-centered attitude. You are putting others at risk. If you don’t want to wear a mask, then stay home!
    That is a very self-centered attitude also. Some people can't wear the mask as mentioned previously. Don't throw rocks in glass houses. If you you have an issue with it, then you can stay home too.

31. Thanks merciantinkerbell, texas211 thanked for this post
    Likes texas211 liked this post
    Dislikes RunDMV disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merciantinkerbell View Post
    Masks aren't mandatory over here, just recommended. I've not been wearing one when shopping - still furloughed so no work - not because I don't believe they work but because as an asthmatic I simply can't breathe in one. I have tried in the house sitting still with a home-made one but ran out of air and felt suffocated after less than a minute. Loosening it meant if fell off face so useless.
    I really hope a vaccine is developed so normality can resume.
    I'm not sure how things work when someone from another country comes to the US, but I have just learned that ADA has said that people with a disability cannot be forced to wear a mask. I don't know if the ADA applies to you if you come to WDW or not though.

33. Thanks merciantinkerbell thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    That is a very self-centered attitude also. Some people can't wear the mask as mentioned previously. Don't throw rocks in glass houses. If you you have an issue with it, then you can stay home too.
    Thank you, thank you and thank you
    POFQ Sept 2012

35. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Dislikes RunDMV disliked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: