Quantcast Disney Springs Re-Opening Week News & Notes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Disney Springs Re-Opening Week News & Notes

Disney Springs re-opened at the Walt Disney World resort on May 20, 2020.

The following are news and notes from Cast & Guest reports regarding the first several days of the new operations:

• Limited Entrance points include temperature and mask check points. Guests must have a temperature less than 100.4 and be wearing a mask (or face covering) to enter the area.
      • Any Guest with a recorded temperature higher than 100.4 will be routed to a "cool down" tent where they can be re-checked to ensure a recording in a shaded, cool area. If they still test above 100.4, the Guest and their whole party will not be admitted to the area.

• Hand Sanitizer and Hand Washing Stations are spread throughout the area.

• Trash Can lids have been propped open for "touch less" trash deposits.

• Several venues are selling washable face masks including The Polite Pig ($12.50), American Threads ($15) and Vera Bradley ($8).

• All open venues have changed to cashless payments only.

• Social distancing markers are being used to indicate where Guests may stand in queues both for entry to venues and check-out (where applicable).

• Locations have dedicated and marked entrance and exit points (where possible).

• A new Health & Safety Team of Cast Members (identifiable by yellow shirts) have been deployed around the area to provide assistance and adherence to the new requirements and best health practices.

• World of Disney (and other Disney owned locations) are scheduled to open May 27, 2020.

• Initial reports from Cast and Guests have indicated good adherence to the new policies.
      • Spacing in queues has been reported to be a minor, but not significant challenge. Typically only an issue where the queue gets longer than the marked area.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

5/27/20 Update

Today's re-opening of the World of Disney Store has not gone as smoothly as the initial opening phase.

Although some initial trouble with social distancing a cluster of Guests lined-up prior to the opening was resolved, the limited capacity of the store and the number of Guests attending has yielding a > 6 hour virtual queue for some later arrivals.

As with many Disney "openings", it could be expected that the number of Guests attending today are partially inflated vs regular attendance, however; it should set some expectation of what the capacity limits and potential attendance could yield without further operational considerations (ie reservations ).
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

5. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was insane there. I didn’t have to wait the 5 hours they told me. It was about 3 hours. That’s in addition to the 45 minutes I spent in line waiting to get into the virtual line.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    It was insane there. I didn’t have to wait the 5 hours they told me. It was about 3 hours. That’s in addition to the 45 minutes I spent in line waiting to get into the virtual line.
    And then yesterday it was dead with zero waits
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    And then yesterday it was dead with zero waits
    It probably was less than Wednesday. I don’t know. I had pulled my back out and overdid the walking. Could barely walk yesterday.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    So you had to get in a line to join a line to get in??? Crumbs!
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

10. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merciantinkerbell View Post
    So you had to get in a line to join a line to get in??? Crumbs!
    Yes, but I think it was only that first day. Opening day is always worse as everyone and their brother wanted to go in. They will be keeping the amount of people in the store limited though.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, it looks like I'll wait for the whole coronavirus thing to blow over to go visit, so that there won't be issues with mask wearing, or over-extended waiting lines due to social distanciation. Plus, I have to work on a study about the effects on local markets of things like the Montenegro citizenship program https://tranio.com/montenegro/passport/ and then I'll organise a training sequence for another couple months, so it's not like I can't wait.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: