Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
AMEN to the FastPass change. FP+ is terrible. I've still never figured out what they were thinking when they tried to spin it as allowing you to be MORE spontaneous in your vacation planning. I mean, if you have to plan the day and time to be on a roller coaster two months in advance, that is the absolute opposite of "spontaneity".

We finally went back to DL this past October (first time in 25 years) and LOVED MaxPass, even though we had to pay for it. So much better than FP+. Although, i'll admit that I do like the MagicBands for my park ticket and ability to tie a CC to it.
I will also pile on and agree that I hate the FP+ system. There have been a lot of threads on this already, but perhaps Disney World now has an opportunity to make changes to the system. I think it is insane that you have to schedule what parks you will be at and what rides you will be going on months in advance to secure a pass for many of the big rides. And, for some rides, it can still be difficult to get a pass even if you do try months in advance. I know you can always wait in standby, but with FP+ those standby waits seem even more prohibitive unless you fight your way to the ride entrance in the morning or maybe catch it really late at night. The only advantage that I can see is that you can be assured of getting on an attraction without having to get to the park early - but if you are doing that, those might be the only big rides (pre-covid) that you will get on without a wait.

I agree that some hybrid system should be in-place where you have to be present to get a FP. I am not completely against all the changes they have made. I do like the magic bands, as others have mentioned.