Quantcast Reopening. How did it go? - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    AMEN to the FastPass change. FP+ is terrible. I've still never figured out what they were thinking when they tried to spin it as allowing you to be MORE spontaneous in your vacation planning. I mean, if you have to plan the day and time to be on a roller coaster two months in advance, that is the absolute opposite of "spontaneity".

    We finally went back to DL this past October (first time in 25 years) and LOVED MaxPass, even though we had to pay for it. So much better than FP+. Although, i'll admit that I do like the MagicBands for my park ticket and ability to tie a CC to it.
    I will also pile on and agree that I hate the FP+ system. There have been a lot of threads on this already, but perhaps Disney World now has an opportunity to make changes to the system. I think it is insane that you have to schedule what parks you will be at and what rides you will be going on months in advance to secure a pass for many of the big rides. And, for some rides, it can still be difficult to get a pass even if you do try months in advance. I know you can always wait in standby, but with FP+ those standby waits seem even more prohibitive unless you fight your way to the ride entrance in the morning or maybe catch it really late at night. The only advantage that I can see is that you can be assured of getting on an attraction without having to get to the park early - but if you are doing that, those might be the only big rides (pre-covid) that you will get on without a wait.

    I agree that some hybrid system should be in-place where you have to be present to get a FP. I am not completely against all the changes they have made. I do like the magic bands, as others have mentioned.

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    I will also pile on and agree that I hate the FP+ system. There have been a lot of threads on this already, but perhaps Disney World now has an opportunity to make changes to the system. I think it is insane that you have to schedule what parks you will be at and what rides you will be going on months in advance to secure a pass for many of the big rides. And, for some rides, it can still be difficult to get a pass even if you do try months in advance. I know you can always wait in standby, but with FP+ those standby waits seem even more prohibitive unless you fight your way to the ride entrance in the morning or maybe catch it really late at night. The only advantage that I can see is that you can be assured of getting on an attraction without having to get to the park early - but if you are doing that, those might be the only big rides (pre-covid) that you will get on without a wait.

    I agree that some hybrid system should be in-place where you have to be present to get a FP. I am not completely against all the changes they have made. I do like the magic bands, as others have mentioned.
    I personally miss elbowing and tripping folks on my way to get a fast pass
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  4. Likes Park Hopper liked this post
  5. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Same....Iíve hated it from the outset and refuse to go back u til it is gone.
    I mean, I really don't like FP+, but it's not going to keep me from going back. We just had to change how we do things. And, of course, people really don't like change.

    I think that eventually, Disney will get there with a good system for Fast Passes. FP+ just isn't it. You can choose to protest by not giving them your money. However, if you want them to change and you want your voice heard, not going isn't the way. Disney isn't going to ask people who aren't there what they think about the systems and the park. No one will be calling you, asking, "Hey! How come you're not at Walt Disney World!" to which you can respond, "Because FP+ *****!" However, if you're there, and you get a chance to do one of those surveys which they're always trying to get people to do, you at least have a chance to voice your opinion, and you can still have a pretty good time in the process.
    2002 - 2017: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, offsite x4)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - Dec 2020 OKW, May 2021 offsite

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The surveys are for learning how to get more money out of you and who knows what else. DNA sampling perhaps
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  7. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I mean, I really don't like FP+, but it's not going to keep me from going back. We just had to change how we do things. And, of course, people really don't like change.

    I think that eventually, Disney will get there with a good system for Fast Passes. FP+ just isn't it. You can choose to protest by not giving them your money. However, if you want them to change and you want your voice heard, not going isn't the way. Disney isn't going to ask people who aren't there what they think about the systems and the park. No one will be calling you, asking, "Hey! How come you're not at Walt Disney World!" to which you can respond, "Because FP+ *****!" However, if you're there, and you get a chance to do one of those surveys which they're always trying to get people to do, you at least have a chance to voice your opinion, and you can still have a pretty good time in the process.
    I have to disagree with this. Businesses realize they have made a bad move when customers drop off and revenue drops. If you want to get their attention, you quit going/paying for their service. I have done just that but up until now, they have done such a good job of advertising and promoting, they have been able to overcome those of us that quit going or cut our number of trips back by drawing in first timers or people that have only been a few times within the last several years. They have been drawing in a lot of new business. Covid 19 has completely blown that strategy out of the water. They are now paying the price because those of us who are die hard fans and used to love WDW have been ignored and turned off to visiting the park. We are the ones that would plan trips and get them going again but we have been alienated.

    On the topic of the surveys, I have been asked to do those numerous times. They have always been carefully crafted questions that are geared more towards what you are spending money on or if you think this service would be desirable at this price if we were to offer such a service or perk. It is all about finding ways to get more money out of you. They questions have never opened the door for me to tell them what I think about the changes they have made. At the end of the survey I just go on my little rant and tell the CM what I think anyway but they don't type it into anything because the survey doesn't have that option included. I started refusing to take the surveys a couple of years ago. I just tell them I have a stupid FP+ I am late for and need to get to. lol

  8. Likes dnickels liked this post
  9. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think its an over emphasis on the die hards. I bet spend per person is greater for non die hards since die hards have figured out ways to save money, have saturated their ownership of disney stuff, shorter stays and potentially have ways to save money on housing, etc.

    However, the financial impact of covid and the riots, may be too great. Its not just opening, its the right people and a heavy dose of them. Less people are going to want to air travel, to spend that money, will be able to spend that money, and uncertainty of the future. Elections certainly won't help that. I wonder what their breakeven to population count and demographic is.

    Glad I don't work in accounting for Disney. Just tons of forecasting, reforecasting, etc.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  10. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Think nobody will go there until the cases decrease and possibly making the nation mask mandatory. As Europe is taking this seriously. Wished we would do that.
    Autumn Winds!

  11. Likes PunzelBelle liked this post
  12. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had something pop in my head yesterday afternoon. I have said it a couple of times the past few years on here for various reasons but man am I ever glad I did not buy DVC about 12 years ago when I took the tour and seriously considered it. I ended up telling them I wanted to wait until I got back home, crunch numbers and ponder my thoughts on it for a bit before committing.

    I ended up deciding not to buy because after thinking for a while I thought about how people who buy timeshares always seem to have something come up in the future that make them wish they had never bought. I thought about how they might make changes that I may not like and some sort of change in life might come along and something could change the way we vacation. So since that time, they have introduced FP+ which I hate, taken out or changed some of my favorite attractions and are still doing so, increased pricing dramatically on everything, started charging for parking at resorts, I got divorced so that would have been fun figuring out the DVC ownership, reconnected with someone from high school who I was really close with back then but life got in the way and we have now been together for most of a year, she doesn't care much for WDW and would rather travel and finally Covid 19 came along. lol There is a list a mile long of reasons I don't visit WDW much anymore that keeps growing and am so glad I didn't buy DVC. I really never thought they could turn me off to the place but they found a way.

  13. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Think nobody will go there until the cases decrease and possibly making the nation mask mandatory. As Europe is taking this seriously. Wished we would do that.
    We are going in January. Your definition of "seriously" may not be the same as someone else's definition of "seriously". Not everyone has the same ethical framework. That doesn't make anyone bad. It just makes them different, and different is ok.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    We are going in January. Your definition of "seriously" may not be the same as someone else's definition of "seriously". Not everyone has the same ethical framework. That doesn't make anyone bad. It just makes them different, and different is ok.
    Better chance of getting everyone to like FP+. In fact, what do I hate more? Fp+ or the mask deal (sans gaiters).. hmm. I'll have a few years to think it over. Though as I watch sharkfest, I want to do cage diving I'll wear a mask (scuba) for that.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  16. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Better chance of getting everyone to like FP+. In fact, what do I hate more? Fp+ or the mask deal (sans gaiters).. hmm. I'll have a few years to think it over. Though as I watch sharkfest, I want to do cage diving I'll wear a mask (scuba) for that.
    Where do I find a bigger gaiter? The one size fits all doesn't fit my son.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  17. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Where do I find a bigger gaiter? The one size fits all doesn't fit my son.
    I bought mine at Omahas military surplus and big ones on az.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  18. Thanks Disney4us2 thanked for this post
  19. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Think nobody will go there until the cases decrease and possibly making the nation mask mandatory. As Europe is taking this seriously. Wished we would do that.
    Yes, Europe is taking it seriously and we are not, yet Belgium, the UK, Spain, Italy, and Sweden all have higher Deaths/1M population counts than the US (according to worldometer).

  20. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I bought mine at Omahas military surplus and big ones on az.
    Thank you.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  21. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    Yes, Europe is taking it seriously and we are not, yet Belgium, the UK, Spain, Italy, and Sweden all have higher Deaths/1M population counts than the US (according to worldometer).
    Yeah. I'm pretty tired of people thinking that if it isn't done the way they think it should be done, then obviously those other people aren't taking it seriously.

    There are reasons for the differences, but I've discovered that people don't really want to understand it. They prefer to be armchair pandemic quarterbacks, thinking the way they think without giving merit to other points of view.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  22. Thanks texas211 thanked for this post
    Likes Park Hopper, Disney4us2, texas211 liked this post
  23. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Yeah. I'm pretty tired of people thinking that if it isn't done the way they think it should be done, then obviously those other people aren't taking it seriously.

    There are reasons for the differences, but I've discovered that people don't really want to understand it. They prefer to be armchair pandemic quarterbacks, thinking the way they think without giving merit to other points of view.
    Yea like I always say, try getting 4 people at the office to decide where to go to lunch in an hour.. Everyone wants to eat, but still at least an hour. Pandemic, people agreeing on what? Nope. Like everyone agreeing on the best ride at WDW. Everyone agrees that there is a great ride, but not everyone wants to accept it was POTC.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  24. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Yea like I always say, try getting 4 people at the office to decide where to go to lunch in an hour.. Everyone wants to eat, but still at least an hour. Pandemic, people agreeing on what? Nope. Like everyone agreeing on the best ride at WDW. Everyone agrees that there is a great ride, but not everyone wants to accept it was POTC.
    I'm an introvert. I like it that way. I don't have to deal with anyone else's desires. :P
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  25. Likes texas211 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
© Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site