Quantcast Splash Mountain Makeover - It's time for a change. Walt would agree. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Ok. Is this possibly due to Splash being critically in disrepair? I just read that one of the logs sank on the ride.
    I doubt it. But I will say that the last few times I've been to the Magic Kingdom, there is always something on Splash Mountain that isn't working, whether it's some of the Brer Rabbit AA's not moving, to the Laughin' Place room only half operational, etc. It's been a while since I've seen it all working normally.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2. Thanks Cinderelley thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I doubt it. But I will say that the last few times I've been to the Magic Kingdom, there is always something on Splash Mountain that isn't working, whether it's some of the Brer Rabbit AA's not moving, to the Laughin' Place room only half operational, etc. It's been a while since I've seen it all working normally.
    At least Brer Fox doesn't eat the tourists.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    At least Brer Fox doesn't eat the tourists.
    Just wait until The Dolls get a hold of him.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

6. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m actually very excited for the change. It’s one of my favorite rides.
    Mind you I am a fan of the good old stuff and the song of the south. I also dig the secret stuff within.
    But this is the time, this is a ride that could do well with an upgrade and I believe Princess and the frog is absolutely perfect for this ride setting. They may even reuse some elements.
    I can’t wait to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes azcavalier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Princess and the Frog deserves it's own ride regardless of whether they change the Splash theming or not. I can imagine a Pirates of the Caribbean type set up. The queue could take you through Lottie's party with a run in with Dr Facilier in the last room of the queue. Then you hop on Louis' back while singing "Goin' Down the Bayou" and following a stream of fireflies. Ray would have to be there of course. So many things could be done with it, including a Haunted mansion type cemetery scene for the ending of Dr. Facilier, but you float by on Louis instead of riding a doom buggy.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Princess and the Frog deserves it's own ride regardless of whether they change the Splash theming or not. I can imagine a Pirates of the Caribbean type set up. The queue could take you through Lottie's party with a run in with Dr Facilier in the last room of the queue. Then you hop on Louis' back while singing "Goin' Down the Bayou" and following a stream of fireflies. Ray would have to be there of course. So many things could be done with it, including a Haunted mansion type cemetery scene for the ending of Dr. Facilier, but you float by on Louis instead of riding a doom buggy.
    I'd ride that.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

11. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You know where they could put that? They could burn down The Country Bears and build it on the ashes. I'd be all for that.
    DL - 1996, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    You know where they could put that? They could burn down The Country Bears and build it on the ashes. I'd be all for that.
    No Swiss Family. Build a ride there. No one is going to miss trudging flights of stairs, especially in the mask era.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Although I'm not a fan of The Country Bear Jamboree and can't climb the Swiss Family Robinson stairs, I'm sure there is plenty of space to put it somewhere that wouldn't be tearing down someone's favorite ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen Country Bears who knows how many times. Sure the luster has worn off after seeing it so many times myself but I have really enjoyed taking children and in the future will be taking grandchildren for the first time. Children love it and usually laugh through it. I would hate to see Country Bears removed and know that future generations of children would not get to see it. With that said, we all have our attractions that we would never missed if they were removed but those are often someone else's favorite. I prefer leaving the classics and finding somewhere else to put a new attraction. Tom Sawyer Island is pretty useless if you ask me. It could be redeveloped and multiple attractions could go there.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I'm not a fan of The Country Bear Jamboree and can't climb the Swiss Family Robinson stairs, I'm sure there is plenty of space to put it somewhere that wouldn't be tearing down someone's favorite ride.
    No attraction that is all stairs can be someone's favorite. If so, i'd like to meet this person.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

No attraction that is all stairs can be someone's favorite. If so, i'd like to meet this person.
    Well, fly on out here. I have a friend who takes the stairs. He also does a stair climb every year in honor of 9/11 and all firefighters who have fallen.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, fly on out here. I have a friend who takes the stairs. He also does a stair climb every year in honor of 9/11 and all firefighters who have fallen.
    Yeah, but is it his favorite...
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know. That's just how much I dislike that attraction. It's good for a nap, though.
    DL - 1996, 2019

20. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but is it his favorite...
    I don't even know if he has ever been to Disney. . . I am going to have to fix that.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't even know if he has ever been to Disney. . . I am going to have to fix that.
    And Swiss won't be his favorite.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings