Quantcast Apprehensive About Upcoming Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Apprehensive About Upcoming Trip

I made my reservations for October. Purchased my airline tickets. Bought my park tickets. Now, I’m not sure I want to go through with it. First my flight has been canceled... twice. Losing some of my arrival day. Parks will close VERY EARLY! No park hopping. No MNSSHP. Masks all the time. Almost no dining. Boardwalk closed. I’m traveling with just my 10-year-old son. He’s very apprehensive about wearing a mask all the time. NO PRICE BREAK DESPITE MANY THINGS NOT AVAILABLE!!! Do you think we will enjoy ourselves? Not too late to reschedule, but truthfully I don’t think things are going to return to normal for a very long time.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    I made my reservations for October. Purchased my airline tickets. Bought my park tickets. Now, I’m not sure I want to go through with it. First my flight has been canceled... twice. Losing some of my arrival day. Parks will close VERY EARLY! No park hopping. No MNSSHP. Masks all the time. Almost no dining. Boardwalk closed. I’m traveling with just my 10-year-old son. He’s very apprehensive about wearing a mask all the time. NO PRICE BREAK DESPITE MANY THINGS NOT AVAILABLE!!! Do you think we will enjoy ourselves? Not too late to reschedule, but truthfully I don’t think things are going to return to normal for a very long time.
    I don't really have any any answers for you, but I think it is highly dependent upon how many times you have been before and what your expectations are. The attractive thing for me is that the lines do not seem (unless I am mistaken) too long for anything. I could see going for a day or so, just to get on some of our favorite rides. Wearing a mask in October might not be so bad - at least it should be a little more tolerable temperature wise by then. However, I cannot see it being a big vacation for us. We really like to park hop and the thought of the constant worry about distancing, sanitizing, etc... may be enough to postpone. It is easy for us to say, as we will most likely be back next year. I also have a fear that we would get there and one of us would be running a high temperature and not allowed in. I know there would be bigger things to worry about if that happened, but it would certainly ruin the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be going in October as well. My wife is worried about it not feeling the same. We are DVC members and this is our first trip of the year (we went to Aulani in Feb before the world ended lol). I am looking forward to the low crowds tbh. Yes, it will be much different because lots of changes and dining options are a lot less than normal. My only real complaint though, I cannot buy a new Annual Pass, mine expired in the fall and I was supposed to renew earlier this year....
    1995 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2002 All Star Sports
    2004 CBR
    2008 Wilderness Lodge and Coronado
    2009 Pop
    2011 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

So, why are you wanting to go to begin with?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say, right now - I'm kinda with you. We've moved our vacations to DVC at Verio and Hilton Head Instead. I follow the rules and wear a mask but hate every second of it... so the idea of being in the parks (and a single park at that) all day, in the florida heat doesn't sound exactly great to me.

Now that said - resort prices are at crazy low prices (so there is a break there) and crowds are tiny compared to what they normally would be, so there's good and bad.

I'm guessing late fall/winter is when we'll head back unless otherwise invited by Disney. Like many, I'm just not super excited about traveling right now or being in the middle of crowds (something I despise anyway...).
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

At this point, only you know where the point of "being worth it" lies for you and your son. Will you still be able to do the things you enjoy most or are those things gone - like MNSSHP and the Boardwalk being closed. Is it a trip just to spend time with your son? If so, I am sure you could find things at Disney to do that, but you could also find other destinations the two of you would enjoy. Since there aren't fastpasses, is your son ok with waiting in line or does he get antsy? Can you get a refund on everything or at least reschedule them?
    I have more peace of mind now that I have cancelled our December trip. I was also second guessing everything, and it was driving me crazy. My peace of mind was more important to me than a Disney trip.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Gotta say, right now - I'm kinda with you. We've moved our vacations to DVC at Verio and Hilton Head Instead. I follow the rules and wear a mask but hate every second of it... so the idea of being in the parks (and a single park at that) all day, in the florida heat doesn't sound exactly great to me.
    My sentiments exactly.

Quick ?, how are things in Hilton Head, SC now?

We have some points from 2 cancelled trips we have to use because we banked them from 2018. Disney is only giving us until Nov 30th to use them. Our only option is to deposit them into RCI or use them before they expire. We don't want to travel to FL now and have a reservation for the end of September for HH and would drive there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

Quick ?, how are things in Hilton Head, SC now?

We have some points from 2 cancelled trips we have to use because we banked them from 2018. Disney is only giving us until Nov 30th to use them. Our only option is to deposit them into RCI or use them before they expire. We don't want to travel to FL now and have a reservation for the end of September for HH and would drive there.
    Actually not bad. I think 45 cases in Beaufort county yesterday. Numbers are going down. We you out all the time and eat both in and out. Restaurants get it and have been complying with distancing.

End of September is really after season and it should be relatively quiet then.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

10. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    So, why are you wanting to go to begin with?
    They extended my annual pass through November so I don’t need a ticket. And I want to spend time with my son and he wants to see the new Galaxy’s Edge.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. If anyone has been at HH resort recently, what are the requirements for wearing a mask there? Inside main areas only and restaurants? NJ is really strict on their requirements and especially when we return from certain states to quarantine for 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

We have some points to use, and my wife and I bought APs back in March before everything shut down. We had a large family trip planned for November, with people coming from all over. That has been pushed back to next May, but we haven't been to Walt Disney World in years, and my wife was wondering if we could go as a family in December. The APs are paid for, we have enough Disney Reward Dollars to cover two more APs, and we have enough DVC points to cover a 1-bedroom at the AKV for a week. So, a trip would be cheap.

But, it makes me anxious. Is it smart to head to Florida for a Disney vacation with the pandemic still going on? How safe would we be? I keep up with the news about potential vaccines, and I feel comfortable that it will be safe by the time we go in May. But there will be no change in early December, other than most families won't be traveling because of school. Also, if Walt Disney World is still open at that point, then that means that their safety measures are working, right? Because if it surges again, they'll close and we wouldn't be out anything (points, money, etc).

I don't know. Very undecided.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

They extended my annual pass through November so I don’t need a ticket. And I want to spend time with my son and he wants to see the new Galaxy’s Edge.
    If it is to see Galaxy's Edge, I would go (as long as it is open.) This may be the easiest way to see it. Even if you get bored at the parks, there's a lot of Florida outside of Disney that you can explore. You'll just have to adjust your expectations.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

We cancelled our August trip. Not only would we not feel safe, it would definitely not be the Disney trip we were planning. That being said, MrPeetrie, I think that it's definitely possible for you guys to enjoy the trip if you think you can overcome the things you are worried about. How long would you be there?
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I'm here now. Miserable heat with the mask. Spent about 2 hours in the park and went back to the hotel. I'm trying to figure out if Mickey is robbing US blind, why are WE wearing the mask.

17. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    I'm here now. Miserable heat with the mask. Spent about 2 hours in the park and went back to the hotel. I'm trying to figure out if Mickey is robbing US blind, why are WE wearing the mask.
    If they had climate controlled boba or vader helmets, I'm in..
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We have a trip planned for the beginning of Nov. As of today, we're planning on going. We're fairly new DVC members and we have been looking forward to it. I think we're all okay (our two adult kids are joining us) with the restrictions and masks. We'll do what we're supposed to do and follow the rules, even though we're not at all happy about it. I guess we'll keep weighing the pros and cons. Low crowd level is a big plus for us. I think we're just so tired of everything that's going on and a trip to someplace we love, even though it'll be an altered experience, is what we need. Hopefully, it'll happen. I do know that we'll make the best of it. We definitely would have rescheduled if this was a once in a lifetime trip, though. But...since we go often, we're not too concerned about what experiences we'll miss out on.
    Nice work, pal.

20. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no way I would go right now. Wearing a mask all day in the heat does not sound fun at all. I hate wearing them at all much less all day long. They shortened the park hours so much to the point even with low crowds I don't see how you could get much done. A lot of the extra things and dining are closed or not operating. No fireworks, no parades, no shows.....I just don't see it being all that great of a time. If it were me, I would reschedule for fall 2021 and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a trip planned for September and cancelled the flight. I've been to Disneyworld 36 times since 1996. I cancelled because Disney trips are expensive enough without the hassle of wearing a mask continuously. It's bad enough we have to put up with idiocy at home never mind paying deeply for the privilege at Disneyworld. I'd cancel and wait until normalcy returns.
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. We'd usually be in Disney right now, but with the closed Canada-US border, a trip isn't a possibility for us. So, would I go if I could? Yes, I'd go. Everything I've seen and heard gives me confidence that Disney is taking this seriously and doing all they can to make it a safe trip. It wouldn't be like other trips, but that in itself can make it special ... remember when we went to Disney during Covid? I'd be way more worried on the flight than once I actually got there. But still, this is all easy for me to say, since our next Disney adventure isn't until at least August 2021.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: