Quantcast Really excited,back to Disney World after a 4 year break!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Really excited,back to Disney World after a 4 year break!

I'm hoping all this covid 19 stuff will be through. I just booked for May 1st 2021 at the CBR! I'm really pumped for this one. It's been a while!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am excited for you. What things are you looking forward to?

Sorry about your dad passing, but I think that is an awesome tribute to him.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

4. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice idea and good luck!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice if the Covid 19 stuff is over by then. It won't be though unless we as a society have just moved on and quit worrying about it so much. If a vaccine that actually works is developed by then, it is very unlikely that enough will be produced, packaged, shipped, distributed, enough supplies to administer will be available and then staffing and logistics will be all worked out. I mean we can't even supply hospitals with protective equipment in a reasonable amount of time. How are we ever going to vaccinate the population in any sort of timely manner? All you have to do is look at what a mess it was when they tried to vaccinate children for H1N1. It will take a year or more from the time a vaccine is actually available. Then on top of that, at least 30% of us aren't going to be crazy enough to go take a vaccine that has been rushed through without enough testing to see if side effects pop up in 6 months. So, unfortunately, you will still be having to wear a mask and all of that in May.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it depends on what covid over means to you. But, may the odds be in your favor.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    If a vaccine that actually works is developed by then, it is very unlikely that enough will be produced, packaged, shipped, distributed, enough supplies to administer will be available and then staffing and logistics will be all worked out...It will take a year or more from the time a vaccine is actually available. Then on top of that, at least 30% of us aren't going to be crazy enough to go take a vaccine that has been rushed through without enough testing to see if side effects pop up in 6 months. So, unfortunately, you will still be having to wear a mask and all of that in May.
    Actually, most of the drug companies that are working on vaccines and have them in Phase 3 testing decided to go ahead and start producing it, so that IF it comes through testing with enough positive evidence of protection that it gets approved, they can just start distributing. It's pretty impressive, really. There shouldn't be a big run-up in production after the fact. It will mostly already be produced.

But, yeah, there are definitely dangers to rushing something out to the public.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Actually, most of the drug companies that are working on vaccines and have them in Phase 3 testing decided to go ahead and start producing it, so that IF it comes through testing with enough positive evidence of protection that it gets approved, they can just start distributing. It's pretty impressive, really. There shouldn't be a big run-up in production after the fact. It will mostly already be produced.

But, yeah, there are definitely dangers to rushing something out to the public.
    Yeah, on top of distribution, and how covid responds to it. Not to mention the ratio of who takes it vs who doesn't. Going to be large numbers both ways. Then the fight if states try to mandate it, etc.

Again, depends on what you mean by over. Even if the vaccine, unless they force people to have papers displaying that information, and proof it works,etc, I see disney keeping w/ covid plans through 2021, or most of it. Covid fatigue is hitting hard and getting more momentum.

Now the time I'd avoid, the first week or two of November.. talk about a disaster.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to toss out there that my job and the other nurses I know never had a problem with our PPE supply chain. A lot of nurses made masks just in case, but my job mandated that we only use the PPE they supplied. We've never run out.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to have fun, relax with children, get emotions and escape from problems. But if you think about it, COVID is very limiting. It's scary for children. They seem to be not at risk, but this does not mean that safety should be neglected. We ourselves want to go to the park, see what options for accommodation and meals are available, but so far there is no exact solution. Let's look at the incidence rate closer to the time of the trip.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: