Quantcast What do people pay for Value resorts during “normal” times?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do people pay for Value resorts during “normal” times?

Hi everyone, I haven’t posted in a long time. While I have been to Disneyland a few times, I haven’t been to Disney World since 2011. I honestly can’t stand the crowds or the FastPass+ system of Florida so that’s why I haven’t been back. But now with the pandemic it’s presenting a unique opportunity to go back.
    With that said, I feel like I paid $50-$60 a night at All Star Sports in Sept 2011. I know All Stars isn’t an option right now, but I looked at a rate calendar and if they were open and I were to go right now it would be $153/night. I think I took advantage of a room only offer back then but... yikes. I also don’t remember having to pay $15/night to park there.
    The cheapest published rate I found for this month at the open resorts was $189 at Pop Century. I managed to find (and book) Pop as a mystery hotel on Hotwire for $89. Given that Pop is nicer than the All Stars and it has the Skyliner I think that’s a fair price, but Pop is so not worth $189.
    I’m just wondering, what do people typically pay for rooms when everything is up and running as normal after discounts/packages? I know no one really pays the rack rates, but I just think that is an insane jump.
    I can also safely say that if I hadn’t found that mystery Hotwire offer there is a 0% chance I would have stayed on site.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been a while since I was at a Value, but I agree that that is too much. It's like a Motel 6 with Disney theming.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

My last WDW trip was in October 2018. I stayed at Pop Century for 8 nights.

Rack rate for that stay was $1,516.54, which comes out to $189.57/night including all taxes/fees/etc.

There was a Fall Discount at that time which brought the rate down to $1,266.76 OR $158.35/night.

I was able to get in on an Passholder Fall Discount rate of $1,170.00 OR $146.25/night.

Heck, I remember my first trip to WDW at the end of September of 2003.....Got a deal on Caribbean Beach --- $77.00/night!!! Those days are LONG gone!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    It has been a while since I was at a Value, but I agree that that is too much. It's like a Motel 6 with Disney theming.
    Motel 6 you can at least get a stale donut and maybe some vicodin.

Quote Originally Posted by frozman View Post
    I’m just wondering, what do people typically pay for rooms when everything is up and running as normal after discounts/packages? I know no one really pays the rack rates, but I just think that is an insane jump.
    I can also safely say that if I hadn’t found that mystery Hotwire offer there is a 0% chance I would have stayed on site.
    That all sounds about right, in fact, can be higher as I saw.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    My last WDW trip was in October 2018. I stayed at Pop Century for 8 nights.

Rack rate for that stay was $1,516.54, which comes out to $189.57/night including all taxes/fees/etc.

There was a Fall Discount at that time which brought the rate down to $1,266.76 OR $158.35/night.

I was able to get in on an Passholder Fall Discount rate of $1,170.00 OR $146.25/night.

Heck, I remember my first trip to WDW at the end of September of 2003.....Got a deal on Caribbean Beach --- $77.00/night!!! Those days are LONG gone!
    I feel old now, like when my elders talked about gasoline being 10 cents a gallon.

7. Likes PopPhan, texas211, Katzateer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Motel 6 you can at least get a stale donut and maybe some vicodin.

That all sounds about right, in fact, can be higher as I saw.
    Speaking of cheap motels, there was one night I was travelling through Texas and decided I was too tired to keep going. I had siri find me the closest hotel and drove to it. There were a lot of neon lights and a lot of ladies of the night. I have no doubt I could have made more money there in one night than I do in a month of nursing if I had stayed there. You Texans need to find some better entertainment. :P

Post Thanks / Like

The values have gone up a lot in the last 5 years. They have remodeled all the rooms and worked on the bus transportation. The cheapest I have found is about $130 a night but then they add the other fees. Pop Century hasn’t really had the value rate for awhile. Not quite as high as moderate. Next year the rates have really gone up. I stayed off site near Disney Springs a couple times but don’t plan to do it again. Staying onsite is still worth the $$$.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

10. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They have been up over $150 for quite a while. I personally wouldn't pay more than $49 a night for one of them and still wouldn't stay there though. I dislike them a lot. We had to stay at Pop Century for the Cheer Competition last year and I couldn't wait to get out of that place and it is the one everyone prefers. lol

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a loooong time since we've stayed at a value resort. But, yeah, when I look at pricing, it's up close to the $200/night range. We used to stay there when the kids were small, and we could get the free dining promotion, and it was the same promotion regardless of the level of hotel you stayed at, whereas now, IF there is free dining, and IF it is available at a "value", it's only the Quick Service free dining.

Anyway, we haven't been to Walt Disney World since 2017, and the last few times before that we either had managed to use our DVC points or we stayed off site. Man. I don't know when we last paid for a Walt Disney World hotel stay.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: