Hi everyone, I haven’t posted in a long time. While I have been to Disneyland a few times, I haven’t been to Disney World since 2011. I honestly can’t stand the crowds or the FastPass+ system of Florida so that’s why I haven’t been back. But now with the pandemic it’s presenting a unique opportunity to go back.
With that said, I feel like I paid $50-$60 a night at All Star Sports in Sept 2011. I know All Stars isn’t an option right now, but I looked at a rate calendar and if they were open and I were to go right now it would be $153/night. I think I took advantage of a room only offer back then but... yikes. I also don’t remember having to pay $15/night to park there.
The cheapest published rate I found for this month at the open resorts was $189 at Pop Century. I managed to find (and book) Pop as a mystery hotel on Hotwire for $89. Given that Pop is nicer than the All Stars and it has the Skyliner I think that’s a fair price, but Pop is so not worth $189.
I’m just wondering, what do people typically pay for rooms when everything is up and running as normal after discounts/packages? I know no one really pays the rack rates, but I just think that is an insane jump.
I can also safely say that if I hadn’t found that mystery Hotwire offer there is a 0% chance I would have stayed on site.