Quantcast First Time Yacht Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Time Yacht Club

We are Staying at the Yacht Club with another family, for the week of Thanksgiving. Looking for hints and tips for buses, boats, eats, pools, everything really, we will have 5 teenagers with us and they are so looking forward to this adventure.
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love the Yacht Club and it's our favorite EPCOT resort. It's a little quieter than Beach Club and being able to walk to EPCOT (or Hollywood Studios if you need the extra steps) is a big plus for us. We especially like to stay at Beach & Yacht when we have park hoppers as we tend to end our days at EPCOT because of the fabulous dining.

*Yachtsman Steakhouse is one of our favorite restaurants and I believe it has recently re-opened. We typically eat there our first night for a relaxing steak dinner.

*Storm-A-Long Bay is our absolute favorite pool on Disney property. The sand bottom pool feels amazing on your feet after a long day at the parks. My kids have always loved the slide - since they were little all the way until their current teens. My daughter and I love to grab an innertube and float along the lazy river. There's something for everyone!

*Transportation is typically boats for EPCOT and DHS but I don't think they are back up and running yet. Busses for MK and AK. Depending on how busy it is, we will sometimes take a Lyft to the other parks. It's worth it to us to avoid the heavy crowds and go directly back to our resort instead of enduring multiple stops and crowding. Not sure how they're handling bus capacity since Covid. Maybe there's another thread on that.

*We have also enjoyed the movies on the beach that are typically nightly.

*Walking over to Boardwalk and renting a surrey bike and enjoying the entertainment is a nice activity if you've had a short day at the parks.

You're going to love that resort area! Enjoy your trip and happy planning!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
    We have also enjoyed the movies on the beach that are typically nightly.
    Do you know if they are still doing the movies on the beach? Is it for everyone or just people staying at that resort? I am planning on eating dinner at Beaches N Cream the night we arrive. A movie on the beach might be nice after dinner.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I've haven't been back since they reopened in July. But another blog (sorry! can't remember which one) posted pictures of Beach Club recently (telltale sign - all of the Cast Members were wearing masks) and there was a picture of the daily schedule which included movies on the beach. I'm assuming, if the pools are open then movies would be operating as well, since it's outdoors and easier to social distance. Fingers crossed!

Also - Thanks for mentioning Beaches & Cream! How could I forget? We LOVE Beaches & Cream, either for lunch or sharing the Kitchen Sink. What a treat!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

6. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Everyone, looking forward to the trip and dreaming of Beaches and Cream.
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

Post Thanks / Like

One of the main reasons we would stay at the Yacht Club (or Beach Club/Boardwalk) is the ability to just walk over to Epcot any time we wanted. We would spend the day doing other things, come "home" to the Beach Club, swim in the pool, and head into Epcot to get some gelato or pastries from France, watch the fireworks, and then be back in our room in less than ten minutes.

However, right now (and presumably until at least sometime next year) they are not allowing any kind of Park Hopping. So, that perk of just going in the back entrance of Epcot anytime you want won't be allowed unless you have a park reservation. I love that resort area, and the Stormalong Bay pool sets the bar for other hotel pool areas. You'll still have a lot of fun. But that convenience of just heading to Epcot anytime won't be an option.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    One of the main reasons we would stay at the Yacht Club (or Beach Club/Boardwalk) is the ability to just walk over to Epcot any time we wanted. We would spend the day doing other things, come "home" to the Beach Club, swim in the pool, and head into Epcot to get some gelato or pastries from France, watch the fireworks, and then be back in our room in less than ten minutes.

However, right now (and presumably until at least sometime next year) they are not allowing any kind of Park Hopping. So, that perk of just going in the back entrance of Epcot anytime you want won't be allowed unless you have a park reservation. I love that resort area, and the Stormalong Bay pool sets the bar for other hotel pool areas. You'll still have a lot of fun. But that convenience of just heading to Epcot anytime won't be an option.
    This. We always enjoy ending our day at Epcot for obvious reasons. Not being able to hop, takes away our primary reason to stay there.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: