Quantcast Skyliner such a flawed system

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skyliner such a flawed system

I just have to say I think Disney screwed up with this one. I know it’s new and there’s probably still some kinks to be worked out, but where to begin...
    First off, the line to get on it an hour before Hollywood Studios stretched back all the way to the last 50s building at Pop. I must have waited in line half an hour for it. So then you get on, go to Caribbean beach, and get to wait in line all over again. Nice. You’d think they could route the transfers to a different line as those people have already waited. It became obvious to me that I would not make the 10 o clock opening to get the Star Wars pass, so I changed plans and went to Animal Kingdom. Now I know social distancing has reduced capacity, I get that, but mind you Art of Animation is not open, not to mention no doubt reduced capacity at Pop. Also the parks were not at capacity today. Additionally they have to put it to a stop every time someone needs assistance is loading or unloading. I was on the Epcot line and I must say we probably stopped 10-15 times on the way to Caribbean beach. There are a lot of people who need more time to board, I get that, but I think they should have designed it like Space Mountain and Radiator Springs Racers in California where those people load on a transfer track so they can take all the time they need.
    I can safely say that the Skyliner is a deterrent from me staying at Pop, AoA, and Riviera. Caribbean Beach might be fine but I strongly prefer the busses.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds terrible. You have to wait in line at every transfer/stop?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    That sounds terrible. You have to wait in line at every transfer/stop?
    There are 3 lines, all start (or end depending on your point of view) at Caribbean Beach. 1 goes to Art of Animation and Pop Century, 1 goes to Hollywood Studios, and the 3rd goes to Epcot with a stop at Riviera. Whatever line you are on, regardless of where you are headed, you must disembark at Caribbean beach and then get back in line again for your final destination, but you do not need to get off at Riviera. I mean, Hollywood Studios And Pop/AoA are not that far from Caribbean Beach, they should have made that the transfer station, so then a lot of people wouldn’t have to transfer.
    Again, I think for the most part it’s fine if you are at Caribbean Beach, but for AoA/Pop, and probably Riviera it’s terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds awful. I was really looking forward to a stay at one of the skyliner resorts. Now it sounds like we may ride it for the novelty one time and bus the rest of the time. Disney is typically good with crowd control, etc. You'd think their latest form of transportation would reflect that.

Thanks for your review!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Last November when we were there we had no problems with the Skyliner. It was a very very busy weekend too. I think we waited in line less than 5 minutes and had no line when we transferred. I have heard from friends and cast members that it is taking longer right now. They can not put more than one party in a car which slows down the line. Before they would put a couple groups together if there were only 2 people. Hopefully when things head back to "normal" things with it will be better again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    Last November when we were there we had no problems with the Skyliner. It was a very very busy weekend too. I think we waited in line less than 5 minutes and had no line when we transferred. I have heard from friends and cast members that it is taking longer right now. They can not put more than one party in a car which slows down the line. Before they would put a couple groups together if there were only 2 people. Hopefully when things head back to "normal" things with it will be better again
    I think another reason for the issue has to do with park opening procedures. I believe the transportation services typically start 2 hours before park opens. What they are doing right now is everything starts 1 hour before opening... including opening of the toll plazas. This is to avoid the rope drop crowds, so everyone can get in and just head to their first attraction... this is a good idea, but with the limited capacity of the Skyliner and everyone itching to go to Hollywood Studios (Star Wars, Runaway Railway) they should run busses too. I’m told they normally run hourly busses to Epcot and HS, but are not right now. A CM says the queue starts building up at 7:30am (for a 9am Skyliner opening)

That said I’ve swapped my AK and HS reservations around, and on Friday I’ll drive to HS like I did on Monday (I wanted breakfast at McDonalds LOL) Right now I think the only Disney Transportation worth using is to the Magic Kingdom, as that let’s you bypass the TTC, if you have a car you should drive everywhere else.

But the Skyliner was part of what had me excited about Pop Century, such a disappointment.

Post Thanks / Like

Last November we were staying at POP. We totally loved the Skyliner. No waits at all. We walked right on to our tram. It was so easy! Didn't really mind the transfer point, however, Disney could have planned that better!

Now that things have changed so very much, things might be different now.
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: